It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Preparing For Your Next Life?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think we are here in this life to concentrate and master what are experiencing NOW. Looking at the future is the wrong way to do life. Everything we need to work on is right here and now and you already know in your heart what issues you should be addressing.

I agree 100% on knowing in my heart what I need to work on.

That's my depression. I said I know my struggles...I just can't f'ing do it. I'm trying... My frustration lies in the not knowing the real purpose of this life. I want a guide book, you know? No one has told me why I'm here.

It pisses me off.

Earth is a classroom. You are here to learn to love.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

In this world, the things we do have physical consequence. We change the universe forever by our actions, even the ones we are unaware of.

We are 'in' the universe and the universe is 'in' us. There is no disconnection from the universe - ever.

So when this physical shell reaches its end, what was is.

A super intelligence which is a necessity of all complex existence, can simply, and fairly trivially, call us back into being, complete, with a full past and future.

Our brains, however are finite, so we can only remember what we have capacity for. As new and more powerful events get imprinted into memory, we loose the trivial and less impactful from our biological brains. This of course is no object because we can also be expanded into the cybersphere.

So death is really most likely to be a stage because there is such variety and complexity to the universe (instead of the uniformity of a single lowest energy state) so there must be something like a super intelligence that ordered the universe so.

And a super intelligence who created consciousness creating conditions must want to see that consciousness come to fruition of something more than just consciousness.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

What am I doing here? I'm trying to grow.

What are you doing here? I'd like to know. Just passing the time?

You are here to be the best YOU that YOU can be. Don't look for a purpose, create one. Don't look for a guide book, write your own. You are exactly the kind of person cults and religions target. Take charge of your life and don't be afraid to screw up. "The road to success is paved with failure."

Yesterday I bought a guys drink as I got to the cashier before he did. I didn't know the guy, but It cost me a $1.50 to give someone a smile and improve their day a little. That's a bargain in my book. That's just a small example. Take your focus from your miseries and focus more on your and others happiness, and you will soon learn more about yourself and your purpose than you ever thought possible. But be careful, you might wake up in the morning with a smile on your face, and we wouldn't want that now would we?

Stop focusing on what you don't want, and start focusing on what you do want.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thank you for the reply.

I can be the best I can be. I feel I've been doing that. I could always be better, for sure. But I do what I can. I just don't see the purpose to any of it. It all ends the same. I'll work my whole life, raise my kid, make some money...and die. And so will everyone I know and love.

I'm depressed, it's clear...I shouldn't spread this crap. I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I feel plenty of love though. I do. I just had a hug contest between my kid and her mom...my kid won of course. We squeeze hard.

If Earth is a classroom, what am I learning here? And why?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I can be the best I can be. I feel I've been doing that. I could always be better, for sure. But I do what I can. I just don't see the purpose to any of it. It all ends the same. I'll work my whole life, raise my kid, make some money...and die. And so will everyone I know and love.

Is there anyone who is now dead that you consider an inspiration in your life? An author, a historical figure, a relative, a friend? Think of that person, and imagine they never lived and never had any influence on your life. Now imagine not being able to pass on your learning and wisdom to your child whom you love. Learning that might help that child immensely in the future. You have an impact in this life that is so much bigger than you can fathom. You are making an impact on others in this moment that will last for generations. What impact would you like to make or leave? Hopelessness and helplessness, or something better? Your choice. No purpose? I think you're missing the point.

I'm depressed, it's clear...I shouldn't spread this crap. I'm sorry.

No apology necessary. I take no offense to your thread or posts. I just think your internal world is too small and you don't see the lasting impact we all have in the short time we are here. Find a reason to smile and laugh every day, and pass that on to others.

We all leave a legacy. It's up to us what that legacy is.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It will be a good day when i can finally join my ancestors in the afterlife.

Until then, i just want to be ready for a good death, with no regrets like i wish i had spend less time doing that or more time doing this.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If I die with a dime in my pocket and an unopened beer in the fridge I will have failed my mission.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thanks for starting this thread. I find it poignant and relating to my current situation. I'm 51 and the hardships of the last few years has had me pondering the same as you. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer. Although, rather coincidentally, I started reading Michael Newton's books (already mentioned by another member in this thread). I've already read Journey of Souls and I'm halfway through Destiny of Souls.

I'm Catholic, but not overly religious. I've always been sceptical of what the church tells us and I try to apply a rational, practical, scientific and mechanical attitude to the meaning of life. After reading Newton's books I have found solace, comfort, enlightenment and meaning to some aspects of my life. Some things still don't make complete sense (they probably aren't supposed to for our sanity) and I would have loved to had asked Dr. Newton some questions... even to the point of being one of his patients. Unfortunately, he passed away in 2016.

Of all the material I've read about the afterlife, Dr. Newton's work seems the most concrete. There are too many similarities in his subject's descriptions whilst under hypnosis. Furthermore, they are not just the usual tales of tunnels of light and meeting God. What is described transcends, yet pertains to the teachings of many religions. If it is all true then I welcome the end of this adventure and look forward to what's yet to come.

Good luck with your journey of discovery! 👍

edit on 25-1-2020 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I was completely at a loss as to why I was born, never wanted to be born, hated life, hated being brought into this world to endure things I would have never agreed to. Then I learned that God created me for companionship with Him. Little old me, what do I have to discuss with my creator. Well, he thinks I'm worthy enough to have a relationship with him and he sent Jesus to take my place on the cross and so now I value life and enjoy it and it's completely changed my perspective on everything.

I try to enjoy each day, find the magic in each day, and grow in who I am and to learn more about my Father God.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thank you everyone who responded in this thread. I have individual responses for all of you, I just can't do it right now.

Thank you so much.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I want to add a story here. I was re-reading your post because I think it's a great one.

I did pick up a "scary" guy hitchhiking. I actually drove 15 miles to an exit and circled back to get him.

When I was a kid I loved to look at maps. I'd pick out a spot and imagine going there. Coos Bay, Oregon was one of those places. I told myself, when I first see the ocean it will be there. I've never made it there.

The guy I picked up was from...Coos Bay, OR. He wasn't impressed with my story. He became very nervous when we got into Fargo and I think he was running from the law...but! I took it as a sign. He was headed to Crookston, MN - the only place I've ever been arrested...

I have no purpose to this tale.

Thanks for responding. I give up. Ha!

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Learning that God created you for companionship with Him...how? How did you learn that?

And why does God need your companionship?

I don't ask this to be mean, I feel it sounds that way... I just really want to know. Why would God need the companionship of anyone? What are we doing here?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you for sharing in my thread. I have not read, or even heard of, Newton. Just Isaac.

You say he has helped you a great deal but do not say how your life has changed. It sounds to me as something that just "fits" your life and gives it depth. That's ok, I'm not trying to demean that.

I am looking for what people are doing in their day-to-day lives to give meaning to whatever may come after this life.

Not platitudes.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
What is accomplishment in this life? What matters when faced with the ending?

I'd offer the only thing that matters is consciousness.

Have you spent some time to know yourself and another consciousness?

Did you attempt to make them happy?

If yes, then you're fine.

People tend to add unnecessary complexity. Why worry about the perceptions of conscious beings just as lost as they are... or of a conjectured other that judges everything?

Relax.

Not everyone can go down in history as a savior of humanity. We'd run out of public space for busts.

I've spent a great deal of time trying to know myself. I had hoped this would help me understand others' selves.

You ask if I tried to make them happy. This is where you lose me. Of course I have. I love the people close to me. I don't feel that is enough.

I don't worry about the perceptions of conscious beings any more than I do my Self. I don't want to be "better than", I just want to know why I am here and what I'm supposed to be doing.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Sure. I like that sentiment. But it supposes a reward in the afterlife. How can you suppose that?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Your post is the most difficult for me to respond to.

I do have many inspirations in this life. In music, in books, in friends. I feel very lucky in that. I would love to be that to my daughter and anyone... You place a lot of weight in that. You say it matters. I don't believe you.

I could write a great song that everyone loves and changes their lives. I could show my daughter how i really feel about HAIM...I can show her how simple Imagine Dragons is to play...I could share so much.

But then, we are dead. All of us. And why? Why did I care at all?

This is a depressive thread. I'm sorry. Again...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Admitted, you have a very sensitive heart and you have many questions. You don't come across as sounding mean at all.

The Bible is filled with verses that indicate God wanted fellowship with us.

When I look at my pets and feel my heart swell with love and I do everything for them for their comfort and happiness, I think this must be how God feels about us. I am not belittling his holiness or our place in the big scheme of things, but feel it is the easiest way to explain how God thinks of us and feels about us. My pets are my very heart and I want their companionship and to share in their joys and accomplishments.

I think this earthly world is just a shadow of what the reality really is. We had that reality until Eve ate the fruit.
--------
Genesis 3:8 tells us that God used to spend time with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Job states that God is concerned about us and watches us every day. That implies He cares about us. Why? The answer to that question is finally provided in 1 John 1:3,

. . . what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. (NASB) 1 John 1:3
www.neverthirsty.org...
----------
Prior to God creating man God had existed as Father, Son and Spirit in an eternal, perfect, loving relationship, enjoying each other's company and conversation. God created us out of an overflow of that relationship. Often when we experience something wonderful in our lives one of our natural responses is to want to share it with others. The Father and Son were so enjoying their communion together, finding so much delight in it, so benefitting from their relationship that they wanted others to share in it. So God created us in His likeness so that could happen.

When creating man God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness". (Genesis 1:26). This is key to understanding the purpose for which God made us. God made us like Him, not unlike Him; He made us loving, communicating, responsive beings.
www.lookingforgod.com...

Hope that helps. Another example I like to share is think of those moments of when you are alone but you experience that are so amazing, so beautiful that you want to turn to someone to share that joy, the love, the wonder. This is what God wants with us.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

We are here to understand our relationship with the divine. Family can be a distraction but a path to same understanding. Raising children who will respect the planet, who will be gentler, kinder and more compassionate then we is a magnificent, honorable and honest responsibility. It helps humanity and your lineage, as I believe you will likely come back as a grandchild to one of your children...every hardship we endure lightens the load for those ahead...that's what we are taught in astrology.

Boredom, restlessness will come and go. Self inquiry is the key. Ask God, life, the Universe, why you here before you go to bed, as often as it takes, while you drive, while in the shower, ask for proof, guidance, you will get an answer...if you have ears to hear and a sincere heart.

edit on 1/26/2020 by BlissSeeker because: here

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join