It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Preparing For Your Next Life?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This may just be a depressive topic...I hope not but, that is what it stems from.

I'm wondering if any of you think of this life, and what you do in it, in terms of what is coming in your next life. This presupposes a belief in reincarnation.

Personally, a bit into my 40's I have thought of this more and more. What survives the death of my physical body? I have to believe something does or there is no purpose to this life.

So, I look to my personal challenges and think that those must be a reason. I fight them and try to overcome but mostly just revert to what is comfortable. Am I preparing for my next life? I don't think so.

I play guitar and try to keep my mind active but my job is numbing and my years just are flying by...

What am I doing here? I'm trying to grow.

What are you doing here? I'd like to know. Just passing the time?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Living my life to it absolute fullest.... with open arms, an open heart and most importantly, an open mind.

Something my brother taught me.

The next life will take care of itself or it won't... I have no control over that.

I do have control over the NOW though.

So I'm pushing the boundaries.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

What im doing currently wont be what i will be what I do in the future. My life will be completely different in a few years. Maybe that's what the next life will be like. Maybe we're all growing and changing, and if reincarnation is real, maybe that would be the point of it. To change and evolve to something better. Never staying the same.
edit on 24-1-2020 by gdkknxnqkc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I like that, and it's my depressive mood probably but, what does "to the fullest" mean? That's my struggle...

What means anything? To another life...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gdkknxnqkc

You have the questions I have. I can't nail anything down.

It all seems superfluous. I can live now, comfortably...just work...my daughter means so much. It's for her. But for me? I don't know...I'll just die and do it again I guess.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
All this chat about dying, makes me wonder if maybe it is an omen.

If I die, it's been nice knowing you guys. I don't plan on it but I know it can happen anytime, I am all right with that. I have done lots in my life and have very few regrets. I never will fear dying, I fear being in a nursing home with alzheimer and having forgotten my family and friends. So I study things to try to lower the risk of that happening. Since my ability to think has gotten better, my risk has dropped.

I am going to start worrying about dying when the obituaries in the paper have more deaths younger than me than older than me. At that point, I will quit getting the paper because it will be depressing. Then I do not have to worry about that issue anymore. My generation is not having so many funerals anymore, I thought funerals and the lunch after were supposed to be senior citizen social events. Boy, I guess us seniors have to find something else to do now.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Your post made me smile, thank you. Probably not how you supposed though.

My mom used to say when you start reading the local obituaries your time is about up.

I've found that true. And a couple friends have showed there recently and friends' parents...and I've been looking.

I'm not afraid of death in the abstract...but when it gets up close in my face...it's scary.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

I like that, and it's my depressive mood probably but, what does "to the fullest" mean? That's my struggle...

Do one thing a day that makes you uncomfortable, in my case.

I'm an introvert, believe it or not.

SoOo....

I go to a bar where nobody knows me and do karaoke.

I can't sing at all.

Hug someone at the local store.

Stop, pick up the scary guy hitch-hiking... trade stories.

Go to a restaurant, sit down at someone's table and start up a conversation.

Play the guitar in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

On your drive to work, take an odd left and drive for a few hundred miles. Find a hotel and hang out in the town. Turn your phone off.

Get some supplies and go to the woods.... for a week.

You know... the little things.

Your next life will take care of itself.

Your THIS life needs to be lived.

Or you're just wasting it.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think we are here in this life to concentrate and master what are experiencing NOW. Looking at the future is the wrong way to do life. Everything we need to work on is right here and now and you already know in your heart what issues you should be addressing.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hm...yeah! That's more than I can do!

...I could play guitar in a Wal-Mart parking lot like a mf'er...but...I don't have an RV to plug into.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I try to make each day my best because tomorrow is not given to us. Since we never know, I do my best to live like I ought.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think we are here in this life to concentrate and master what are experiencing NOW. Looking at the future is the wrong way to do life. Everything we need to work on is right here and now and you already know in your heart what issues you should be addressing.

I agree 100% on knowing in my heart what I need to work on.

That's my depression. I said I know my struggles...I just can't f'ing do it. I'm trying... My frustration lies in the not knowing the real purpose of this life. I want a guide book, you know? No one has told me why I'm here.

It pisses me off.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But how should you live? You say you do best to live how you ought but, what is that? Who decides?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Do one thing a day that makes you uncomfortable, in my case.

Probably the best advice anyone will see.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Beautifully said, you a special person!a reply to: Lumenari

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

And THAT is the key to everything.

Nobody knows anymore how to live in the NOW.

I would highly recommend watching "Peaceful Warrior".

We have so many filters installed in us that we don't hear anything anymore, don't see anything anymore, don't taste anything anymore, don't feel anything anymore.

We live in a constant state of the future or the past.

We don't actually live in either of those states.

We actually LIVE in the NOW.

If we are not in the NOW then we are not actually living.

Kudos for your post.

edit on 24-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

But how should you live? You say you do best to live how you ought but, what is that? Who decides?

They whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish? Well, it's more than just believing He exists, it's also believing in what He said, too.

YMMV

But I find it works out well for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That belief works well for me too. Except it is a belief in something I was once certain of (as a child). I can't let it go, could never and do not want to. But I still do not understand the purpose.

If I am not meant to...well...

I only have terrible words.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I spent my 20's in a group trying to work out "living in the now".

I really felt something there. I still do. But that obscure group was just the same as all religions I've come across.

The "now" is ever-elusive. It takes a constant dedication that few, if any, have...I certainly don't.

I just want a taste, a feeling that I've done something, anything, in this life.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

This is so depressing that only young and people content or happy with their lives will reply.

I was going to but I can't touch it. Lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join