It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponised Corona Virus Released During Peak Travel Period?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Is it a weaponized strain? No. Entirely wrong characteristics, wrong location, delivery system too basic.

The Chinese are not known for their health and safety policies and practices. In fact, health and safety is pretty much ignored if it gets in the way of conducting business. I can quite well accept the official narrative. A wet, multi-animal market with no real separations of meats, selling meats of animals just caught and not screened for anything, can aid cross-contamination of viruses in meats.

The issue here isn't contaminated meats, however, it is the transmission of the virus from one human to another via air. This virus is airborne, so if a passenger on a bus coughs, the particles are going to spread throughout the enclosed area of the bus and be breathed in by all passengers, aiding fast transmission of the virus.

We are not seeing (yet) this kind of speed of transmission. For a country as populous as China, a thousand or so infected is quite small, and the virus is not absorbed through the skin, so unless you come into contact with an infected person, and breathe the air they expel, you are not going to get it. Surgical masks will aid protection, but they do not cover the eyes, a location where a virus can enter the body.

I would say that the air needs to be damp for the virus to survive long enough to be transmitted. It will still be transmitted in fluids rubbed away from the nose, or coughs into the hand and then deposited on door handles, etc, in droplets of fluid.

During viral pandemics, it is best to steer clear of people as best you can.

A vast majority of viruses are transmitted through door handles, seats, and so on, NOT through air. They don't mention that, for some reason.

Air does transmit viruses, of course, but it is much harder to transfer through air, than commonly handled objects like door handles. People put their hands to their face almost 4 times PER HOUR, not including food they put in their mouths throughout the day.

When someone who has a virus coughs into their hand, they also use that hand to grasp door handles, and seconds later, a non-infected person grabs the same door handle. Over the next hour, he puts that hand to his face 3-4 times, and puts a pizza slice into his mouth with the same hand.

I see people wearing masks, with bare hands. Not so smart, if you are trying to protect yourself from viruses.

It is still a 'weaponized virus', it is irrelevant how successful that 'weapon' is.

Same as a knife is a weapon, that can only kill one person at a time. It doesn't have to kill multiple people in a second to be considered a weapon.

Perhaps you meant 'weaponized' in another way?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Sorry to break this to you. You’re so wrong on so many levels about China.

The CCP would have no issue using bio weapons and they do have delivery systems. In this instance I’m feeling it’s accidental release or as I’ve said in other threads workers selling contaminated animals from the lab. If they don’t have delivery systems would it matter when Chinese travelers will spread it everywhere, gee like now!

Face is more important to CCP than your moral equivalency or PC interpretation of their culture. They have and will do anything to retain power. Cultural revolution ring a bell? Keep in mind those in power now were kids at that time and Xi turned his own father in.

We will never know if the lab was at fault, the ones taken out and shot would never be known. That’s not how the CCP operates in the modern era.

Read carefully who I’m singling out above, I married into a Chinese family and lived in China for over a decade.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well one thing is for sure, if this was not a Bio-Weapon originating in a lab and really did come from seafood market, then China has the ingredients for a big Bio-weapon now.
I'm certain that in the effort to find a cure, work is also done to potentiate it's lethality also, as this would bolster the strength of the army. It's more destructive than Chemical weapons and cripple the economy too.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
A vast majority of viruses are transmitted through door handles, seats, and so on, NOT through air. They don't mention that, for some reason.

Air does transmit viruses, of course, but it is much harder to transfer through air, than commonly handled objects like door handles. People put their hands to their face almost 4 times PER HOUR, not including food they put in their mouths throughout the day.

When someone who has a virus coughs into their hand, they also use that hand to grasp door handles, and seconds later, a non-infected person grabs the same door handle. Over the next hour, he puts that hand to his face 3-4 times, and puts a pizza slice into his mouth with the same hand.

I see people wearing masks, with bare hands. Not so smart, if you are trying to protect yourself from viruses.

Yep, that's exactly how it gets transmitted.

Back when the idea of coughing on your sleeve at your inner elbow was proposed rather than into your hand because the hands were the main route of transmission, I tested the theory, it's quite true.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: turbonium1

Yep, that's exactly how it gets transmitted.

Back when the idea of coughing on your sleeve at your inner elbow was proposed rather than into your hand because the hands were the main route of transmission, I tested the theory, it's quite true.

They don't really mention this, or far less than airborne transmissions are ever spewed about, by the mass media.

Someone with a virus will expel it through their hands, by coughing or sneezing on themselves, mainly on their hands. They wipe their nose with a hand, holding a tissue, and this will still transmit it to their hands, of course.

Touching objects that were recently touched by someone with a virus is how it spreads to other people, in almost all cases. Wearing a mask does nothing but make it harder for one to breathe, in fact. Viruses don't survive in air, they only live - but not for long - on solid objects.

I've been at work, and at home, where most people are sick, but I didn't catch it once, simply by not using my bare hands for a door handle, etc. and wiped down my desk, or table, or chair, before using them. And the TV remote(s), of course!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Nobody should ever touch door handles used by the public, any time at all. If you do, you're eventually going to catch something, and never realize how you even got it, either!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join