It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mufon Released Video Yesterday From Pilot Who Filmed UFO At 40,000 Ft.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

So is that the full video, or is MUFON holding on to the rest of it internally?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Pilots routinely report in their flight log so they should have a time of day, angle or compass heading, speed and hopefully a location. The assigned FI should get that unless the pilot is commercial and the report would be a danger to his job. When the investigation and assimilation of all statements and media documents have been done and secure the FI will send to the CMS.

From the data, if standard observations are recorded you can work out all the details and approximate size, speed and heading. Plenty of information to build an animated 3D simulation in Google Earth. I hope FIs start doing that so we can get to a deeper level of understanding of an event. Once done you can look at it from other angles closer and live in Google Earth.

ZG

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Let me clarify.
Light reflection, being cast on the ground.

As someone else stated, possibly from the body of the plane.

One can easily hunt this to it's root, by determining the sun angle vs the flight path.
It's velocity appears to be what I would expect from a light source angled to the ground, from the plane. Ala, reflection.

It follows terrain contours in a few frames of the video.
Some are reporting a heat or haze appearance, which... Happens when something is brightly reflecting sunlight/solar energy.

I don't feel like doing the dog work on this. Occam's razor should really be enough here. But like I said, if you want to prove me wrong, get the flight path data. Open up Google Maps satellite imagery. Find the mountain terrain. Check the time of the day for the sighting.
After that, it's math and common sense for determining if this is a light beam, bouncing off the plane, on to the ground.

If none of that adds up, you prove my hypothesis wrong. If it works out, to work out, the assumption is most likely correct.

Don't bicker battle me, when you can do a little science on your own for refutation. I provided enough steps for this to be verified or nullified with hard fact.

Archivalist out.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The witness submitted video is almost 50 seconds long, shot from an older gen. cell phone.
Now, does that mean that all there is, is the video posted?
No.
The video the witness posted does not contain EXIF data.
It’s possible it’s a copy of an edited for length video.

I’ll check the case periodically over the next day or two and see if there’s any new developments I can share.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Did the pilot have a radar track on this object, air traffic control etc?

What was the direction of the object? IE was it going against or with the wind?, where is the rest of the video, pilots estimated size? Hight and speed of the object?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
WOOOO This is it folks!! You are looking at Disclosure!!!!!

No, you're not. "Disclosure" is the government telling what it knows. This is a CE2 on the Hynek Scale, a daylight sighting without any radar coroboration. It's a UFO, or "UAP," if you prefer, but that's all it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If this were a reflection of sunlight from the plane, cast onto the ground, wouldn't it appear dimmer when it crossed over light-colored terrain, as opposed to a darker background? Watched the video several times. Saw no such diminutions or enhancements of brightness, as the object crossed in front of backgrounds of widely varying albedos.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There is no way on Earth the object could be a reflection at that size, think about it. Even on the ground standing over a puddle the plane would be the same size you’d see it if you were looking up, actually smaller as the puddle is further away from your eyes. Add to that, the image would only seen on the surface on the reflecting material, which in this case would be mountainous rock.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
I'd love to read the case file on this (#105762), but I'm not paying MUFON money just to browse their database.

MUFON states that this case is "Under Investigation."

The video was filmed back in September 2019, by a "professional" pilot who was at 40,000 ft. Not sure if they meant he was a commercial pilot or not.

I cropped and enhanced the picture of this object as seen below. Looks like a blimp to me, but don't they have a max attitude of around 4000 to 6000 feet? In addition, this object seems to be moving faster than a blimp. Could it be a commercial/military airship of some kind?

Great find.

Another cigar/pillar shaped U.F.O.

These cigar/pillar shaped U.F.O.'s have been seen dating back to Biblical times. Starred & Flagged!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
All I can add at this time is the witness did not see any identifying markings on the unknown object.
Nothing from ATC.
edit on 25-1-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
DP
edit on 25-1-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake
There is no way on Earth the object could be a reflection at that size, think about it. Even on the ground standing over a puddle the plane would be the same size you’d see it if you were looking up, actually smaller as the puddle is further away from your eyes. Add to that, the image would only seen on the surface on the reflecting material, which in this case would be mountainous rock.

The further from the source the reflection is the bigger the object gets. Tell you what take a flashlight and a piece of paper and keep moving the paper away from the light. First thing you notice is your round dot gets bigger the further away you are from the source. watch the video you can see its ground reflection as it travels over the mountains.

The other thing is if that plane is at 40000 feet that UFO would be the size of about 5 football fields.
edit on 1/25/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Just want to express appreciation on behalf of this thread - Thank you!!!

It's very kind of you to share 'allowable' info from the Mufon database with us!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Oh no problem!

Once the investigation is complete the entire case will be available to the public.
I’ll continue to check in on the case progress and update with any info that will not jeopardize the investigation in anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
S&F

You know they eat us right?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Imho...I'm leaning towards a military tailless drone of some sort, while in it's descent mode.

It is flying way too slow for an alien starship, that is being allowed to be filmed in broad daylight.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I'm no optical expert, so I guess the MUFON explanation will have to suffice, when it becomes available. If it follows the contours in a few frames [which I cannot see] why doesn't it follow the contours in all the frames? The light seems too steady in intensity and form to be a reflection. I searched and could not find any example pictures or videos of this phenomenon in action.

I have to say, if these reflections are commonplace, why did the pilot not recognise it as such? He must have thought it strange enough to submit it to MUFON. Also, the video in the OP is stunted, so we have no idea how the actual video ended.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The question is..............why would the pilot want to film it?

It must be common place for pilots to see other air traffic all the time.

As a pilot, I can attest to the fact that it is common to see other air traffic all the time. However, it is highly uncommon to see other flying objects in controlled airspace that are essentially featureless (no wings, tail, engine pods, etc.). To me, this looks like an elongated Tic-Tac. That is so unusual that I would certainly want to record it if I could.

Almost everyone carries a smartphone these days, with video recording capability.

How long have you been a pilot and how many hours do you have behind the stick? Any military flight experience? I want to know because I would like to get your opinion on another topic. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
S&F

You know they eat us right?

LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Good ol' potato cam. What would the UFO community be without it?

Oh well technically an unidentified flying object IS a ufo I guess......

Looks like an out of focus plane to me, hell could just be a piece of styrofoam riding the air currents or a cockpit light reflecting on the canopy.

But yeah, as is usual, just another UFO non-event.

Dear aliens. Please come visit me. I swear I am am the only human not on Instagram who owns a 'HD' camera that will be capable of capturing you in all your crisp detail glory. Offer extended to Bigfoot and friends also.

You want to be seen as more than a blurry mess I'm your man. Hell I have like $20 720p key chain cameras that can get better photos and video than most of what we see, day or night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join