It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mufon Released Video Yesterday From Pilot Who Filmed UFO At 40,000 Ft.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'd love to read the case file on this (#105762), but I'm not paying MUFON money just to browse their database.

MUFON states that this case is "Under Investigation."

The video was filmed back in September 2019, by a "professional" pilot who was at 40,000 ft. Not sure if they meant he was a commercial pilot or not.

I cropped and enhanced the picture of this object as seen below. Looks like a blimp to me, but don't they have a max attitude of around 4000 to 6000 feet? In addition, this object seems to be moving faster than a blimp. Could it be a commercial/military airship of some kind?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The question is..............why would the pilot want to film it?

It must be common place for pilots to see other air traffic all the time.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Seems like a reflection.

Near the end of the video, it appears to follow contours of the terrain, as a light reflection would.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My standard question: And then what happened?

Maybe pilot was flying at 40,000, but the thing is obviously a lot lower. If it's real.
edit on 24-1-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Seems like a reflection.

Near the end of the video, it appears to follow contours of the terrain, as a light reflection would.

Are you referring to a reflection originating from a light source inside the cockpit? If so, it would not follow the terrain; it would be stationary within the camera field of view. This image is not doing that. The camera field of view is panning across the terrain because the aircraft is moving with respect to the terrain. At the same time, the image is moving slowly within the field of view. I think the image has be from a source outside the cockpit.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The question is..............why would the pilot want to film it?

It must be common place for pilots to see other air traffic all the time.

As a pilot, I can attest to the fact that it is common to see other air traffic all the time. However, it is highly uncommon to see other flying objects in controlled airspace that are essentially featureless (no wings, tail, engine pods, etc.). To me, this looks like an elongated Tic-Tac. That is so unusual that I would certainly want to record it if I could.

Almost everyone carries a smartphone these days, with video recording capability.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Seems like a reflection.

I too am leaning toward it being a reflection. Why would he stop filming it...I mean something that incredible. It appears that there is sound to the video, why wouldnt the videographer be hollering for his coworkers to witness this fascinating object?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Seems like a reflection.

Are you referring to a reflection originating from a light source inside the cockpit? If so, it would not follow the terrain; it would be stationary within the camera field of view. This image is not doing that. The camera field of view is panning across the terrain because the aircraft is moving with respect to the terrain. At the same time, the image is moving slowly within the field of view. I think the image has be from a source outside the cockpit.

This is what I was looking for but I just couldn't tell. If this is true then it's ikely an object on the outside of that aircraft.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
I'd love to read the case file on this (#105762), but I'm not paying MUFON money just to browse their database.

MUFON states that this case is "Under Investigation."

The video was filmed back in September 2019, by a "professional" pilot who was at 40,000 ft. Not sure if they meant he was a commercial pilot or not.

I cropped and enhanced the picture of this object as seen below. Looks like a blimp to me, but don't they have a max attitude of around 4000 to 6000 feet? In addition, this object seems to be moving faster than a blimp. Could it be a commercial/military airship of some kind?

No control surfaces, no visible propulsion, no passenger compartment and yet, apparently flying slowly horizontally.

And yes, they are relatively low altitude devices because they are balloons made from flexible fabric. The higher they go, the more they want to expand. At some point, they would rupture. I'm not sure exactly what their operating ceiling would be.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Can't believe the pilot stopped recording after such short time...I wouldn't have...Perhaps the video had been cut short for some reason...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
At that angle it is strange not seeing the wings etc... unless its banking and is perfectly horizontal to the camera, but if that'S the case we would still see the tail... then again the camera may not be focused on it.. definitely a UFO!

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
WOOOO

This is it folks!!

You are looking at Disclosure!!!!!

Excellent post!

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I’m the National Chief Investigator for MUFON.
Checking the CMS now.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Neat! Can anyone stablize the image based on the object itself? One of the things I've noticed is that it seems to be venting some kind of heat distortion behind it.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I just checked this case.
Very little report information is in the CMS from the assigned field investigator.

Because this is an active investigation, I can’t really give out to much detail other than the FI has made contact with the witness.

ETA:
Can confirm he is a commercial pilot.
Unknown if any other witnesses- Co-pilot was unable to see the object due to his seat position.
Flying at 480 Nm/hr.
Nothing from ATC.
edit on 24-1-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There definitely appears to be some sort of heat distortion or haze around it

Excellent video, I’ve seen the tic tac fly horizontal above my head about 400ft this looks slightly elongated cigar

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
At that angle it is strange not seeing the wings etc... unless its banking and is perfectly horizontal to the camera, but if that'S the case we would still see the tail... then again the camera may not be focused on it.. definitely a UFO!

If it was banking then it wouldnt be flying straight.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Its a reflection from the body of the plane. Thats why the pilot started recording he knew what it was.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The angle makes it possible that there are hard to see wings and tail, possibly painted a darker color, BUT it sure looks like a cylinder and since I once saw a longer white cylinder hanging still in 40 mph winds, I'd say it is surely possible it's of exotic origin.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The thread title is misleading.

It's definitely NOT a "UFO At 40,000 Ft."

The description of the youtube video on the Youtube site is much more accurate:

"Professional pilot records unidentified object from cockpit at 40,000 feet"

The cockpit where the recording was made from is at an altitude of 40,000 feet, but the UFO is nowhere near 40,000 feet.

Hard to say the altitude other than it's much lower.
The recording stops at an annoying point. I would expect it to continue until it's blocked by the edge of the window or whatever, and the video has obviously been edited. The person making the recording didn't fade to black like that in the camera.

originally posted by: celltypespecific
WOOOO

This is it folks!!

You are looking at Disclosure!!!!!

Excellent post!

Other than the fact it's so far away you can't tell what it is, is this really anything to get excited about? It's not making any kind of interesting maneuvers that Earth aircraft aren't capable of. Or have you concluded it's Lurrr from Omicron Perseii 8 like the other UFO that nobody knows what it is? Because unidentified means alien?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join