It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus isolated from humans - patent - US7220852

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sooo, Good day to all you ATS'ers.

I have stumbled upon a PATENT (invention) of the great and "scary" Coronavirus that has spread quite wide as of today and continues to do so.. So the media says.

I haven't given much attention into this virus yet, as what we are being fed from the Media seems to have some cover-up shenanigans going on, but that's just my opinion.

I want to know what you guys think about this.. From 2003.

Coronavirus Patent

Disclosed herein is a newly isolated human coronavirus (SARS-CoV), the causative agent of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Also provided are the nucleic acid sequence of the SARS-CoV genome and the amino acid sequences of the SARS-CoV open reading frames, as well as methods of using these molecules to detect a SARS-CoV and detect infections therewith. Immune stimulatory compositions are also provided, along with methods of their use.

STATEMENT OF GOVERNMENT SUPPORT
This invention was made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an agency of the United States Government. Therefore, the U.S. Government has certain rights in this invention.

FIELD OF THE DISCLOSURE
This invention relates to a newly isolated human coronavirus. More particularly, it relates to an isolated coronavirus genome, isolated coronavirus proteins, and isolated nucleic acid molecules encoding the same. The disclosure further relates to methods of detecting a severe acute respiratory syndrome-associated coronavirus and compositions comprising immunogenic coronavirus compounds.

I've always wondered if this outbreak is related to the "Dangerous Virus" that was stolen from the Texas labs and went missing..

Vial of deadly virus missing at texas labs

edit on 24-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: Typo

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Don't you have some Prairie Dogs to Milk or something?

Instead here you are all bright and shiny changing the entire world.

Good job.

Great job.

My thanks for your work and Thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

It's a bit too cold for the prairie dogs this month. I've been waiting around their holes, but they won't come out.

Won't have any milk for the shredded wheat I eat every morning for Breakfast

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'de swear that our government weaponizes some of the creations these biologists create. That would be the SARS virus. The HIV virus was created and that ploy backfired on us. But the people who create these viruses they weaponize still get paid when they backfire.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Knowing someone with HIV, even his CDC docs have said off record that they fully believe it was created by humans. So seeing a patent such as this and reading about the stolen vial, not out of the realm of probability in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

There are seven known and chances are plenty more.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It doesn't mean that they made the virus lol. The patent relates to the sequencing/ DNA code of the virus for medical laboratory use. A lot of time, effort and money goes into sequencing DNA especially back in 2003. Current tech makes it easier and faster now but still expensive.

More particularly, it relates to an isolated coronavirus genome, isolated coronavirus proteins, and isolated nucleic acid molecules encoding the same. The disclosure further relates to methods of detecting a severe acute respiratory syndrome-associated coronavirus and compositions comprising immunogenic coronavirus compounds.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hi IC.
Am wondering if the process is that it is a natural virus: but when they finally isolate it: then they are able to patent it, for whatever the hell reason. So perhaps not creating it, but just the first to 'define' it legally ?

As rickymouse says though: some government agents love to have these kind of things in their 'arsenal', probably.
Lots of sick rogue agents in this world, and some of them are our government agencies.

ETA: Oh ! WeirdGuy said it much better than me, just above my post. Sorry, didn't see that while writing my post. Am slow.... LoL !

edit on 24-1-2020 by Nothin because: ETA

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I'm sure they didn't invent it. However, from what this patent describes, It seems as tho they took the first virus, "SARS" and isolated the "Coronavirus" protein/DNA from it and then patented it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
edit on 24-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You forgot this crucial part when choosing your snippets...

Past efforts to develop rapid diagnostics and vaccines for coronavirus infection in humans have been hampered by a lack of appropriate research models and the moderate course of disease in humans. Therefore, a need for rapid diagnostic tests and vaccines exists.

It’s a good summation of why this patent exists.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I read that part, didn't really think it was overly necessary to share in a snippet if someone wanted to read into the Patent a bit more for themselves.

This was back in 2003 though.. So after 17 years, you would think there would be a full fledged Vaccine for it. Especially in China right now, but nothing has been said on this matter.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I think the take away here should be that they patent all of them in the process of creating vaccines and studying them. Makes this a non-story. SARS is a Coronavirus, they did not create a Coronavirus from SARS. Yes, you are wrong, sorry.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I think the take away here should be that they patent all of them in the process of creating vaccines and studying them. Makes this a non-story. SARS is a Coronavirus, they did not create a Coronavirus from SARS. Yes, you are wrong, sorry.

Fair enough. Reason why I shared it here for people to comment on it and make their knowledge known on the matter.

I don't know anyone personally who has any sort of knowledge on these cases. Figured I would start here.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Threads like this are a good thing since it's how we all learn about this stuff. I've been using my magic Google fingers on the keyboard the last few days learning myself. All hail Google!

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
a reply to: Chadwickus

I read that part, didn't really think it was overly necessary to share in a snippet if someone wanted to read into the Patent a bit more for themselves.

This was back in 2003 though.. So after 17 years, you would think there would be a full fledged Vaccine for it. Especially in China right now, but nothing has been said on this matter.

Yes there is a SARS vaccine but the SARS virus eventually died out. This new virus is of a different species, but is related to SARS and MERS they are all Betacoronavirus that have come from animals.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
a reply to: weirdguy

I'm sure they didn't invent it. However, from what this patent describes, It seems as tho they took the first virus, "SARS" and isolated the "Coronavirus" protein/DNA from it and then patented it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes thats sort of right. As stated in posts above, SARS is a species of coronavirus that they sequenced. If a research lab want's to use the genome and it's related products they have to buy it.

Coronavirus is the genus, SARS is a species.

edit on 5America/Chicago27Fri, 24 Jan 2020 15:27:17 -060024300000020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Just passing by and let you guys know N95 masks are still available in Amazon. Got a 10 pack for 20 bucks.
Pure Guardian N95 Particulate Respirator Masks with Exhalation Valve, Disposable Dust and Smoke Face Mask, NIOSH Certified, 10-Pack, FM3910
by Pure+Clean
Learn more: www.amazon.com...=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_y91kEbJ6C9SN0

edit on 24-1-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Thanks for the share!

I'm also loading up on disposable gloves and more gas mask canisters for my S10 Respirators.

Although, I work from home for the next 2 months, so I'm burying in.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Isn't it surgical masks, rather than dust masks that would be needed?

I keep a stack of N95 masks in a closet in case of a volcanic eruption so I can share with others if need be. I don't think they offer any real protection against a virus?

Here is what you need for this.

Designer masks no less.
edit on 1/24/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Only problem with your mask is that it does not cover the eyes which is how this particular strain of virus enters the human body. One of the ways any way, but go for it, panic some more, the virus can smell fear and seek it out

<<   2  3 >>

join