It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: First Travel-related Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Detected in United States Press Release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Well its apparently here and it didn't take long. Since my wife works in the industry [Not] pork but another, all are on a high alert. Especially the field resident Federal Inspector's.

So now we have a case in Mexico and now one here in Seattle. I was thinking out loud when I thought about Christmas break and all those Asian students that went back home to China and other countries in Asia and now have returned to the USA and other countries throughout the globe to continue their studies. Then millions of persons on business. Lets hope the WHO can keep in a box but I think this thing is out and about.

So why do I care? My immune system is compromised from a genetic defect from birth. Mitochondrial Disease is the name for it and in brief I never received the entire deck of DNA cards when I was conceived. Plus we are into a cold winter spring when respiratory infections begin to surface even when no other issues are at hand like Coronavirus.

Here's the link:

Center For Disease Control

The Washington Post

Shortly after arriving at Seattle’s international airport, he began feeling ill and reached out to his health-care provider on Sunday. Local, state and federal officials quickly collected samples and sent them to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for testing. His case was confirmed Monday as the coronavirus that has sickened close to 300 people in China and others in Thailand, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea.

CNN

The first person diagnosed with the Wuhan coronavirus in the United States is being treated by a few medical workers and a robot. The robot, equipped with a stethoscope, is helping doctors take the man's vitals and communicate with him through a large screen, said Dr. George Diaz, chief of the infectious disease division at the Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington. The deadly new coronavirus has reached the US. Here's how to protect yourself The deadly new coronavirus has reached the US. Here's how to protect yourself The man, who is in his 30s, was diagnosed with the virus on Monday. He initially went to an urgent care clinic on January 19 and told the staff that he was concerned about possibly having symptoms of the novel coronavirus because he recently traveled to Wuhan, China, Diaz said. He arrived at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on January 15, before any health screenings began at US airports, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said.

edit on 24-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 24-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 24-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 24-1-2020 by Waterglass because: changed title to CDC

edit on 24-1-2020 by Waterglass because: link dead

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Great...

Kung flu.....

People should stop worrying about global warming and worry about pandemic.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Sorry, but you're going to need a reliable source for this.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Pravda has an excellent article however I am unaware as to whether they are on the "approved" for "our eyes" use list. So here you go.

CDC Press Release:

First Travel-related Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Detected in United States Press Release

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I love how we keep hearing about this case and that it's confirmed, but we get no updates on how he is. It has been a few days, don't these things usually do critical in a few days if they are going to kill you?

Of course, as one of the first cases our own doctors could get their hands on to see first hand, he probably feels more like a lab rat than a patient.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your are correct. The guy landed in Seattle and entered the USA there. One article is buried very very deep.

The Seattle Times

USA today has a good update

USA Today

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The CDC site works for me.

It's cnn and Wapo that are proven agenda driven disinfo.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Sorry, I finally found a deep buried story in The Seattle Times on the CDC confirmation.
edit on 24-1-2020 by Waterglass because: complete rewrite

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It’s already in most major cities in the EU as well. We have a story from France of a Chinese student loading herself up on Flu meds to avoid detection to escape China and get back to France. People like this should be hung drawn and quartered as they could cost countless people their lives. If the 14 days incubation period is correct then we are all in grave danger.
edit on 24/1/20 by On the level because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Second case confirmed. A woman from Chicago. More cases are expected. I'm using my phone. Someone else can get a source.
edit on 24-1-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So overpopulation isn't a problem, huh? I'll bet rural areas where people pretty much keep to themselves will be the least affected by stuff like this. No surprise it starts in the world's most populous country. And also probably the sheer number of unsafe things they do there (industry-related and pollution and so forth) are not helping their immune systems. I would think breathing in high levels of mystery smog for most of your life would put a good dent in your immune system.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yes, confirmed. Plus:

Jan. 22, 2020, 5:59 PM EST / Updated Jan. 24, 2020, 11:11 AM EST By Jiachuan Wu and Nigel Chiwaya Health officials worldwide are working to contain a coronavirus that has spread to several countries in a matter of days. This map will be updated when more information is available.

As of Jan. 24, coronavirus cases were confirmed in

China, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Vietnam, and the United States.

NBC News

Did they forget about the guy in Mexico?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

A little odd that only after a couple of days this virus is showing up all over America...Almost like it was planted...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

A little odd that only after a couple of days this virus is showing up all over America...Almost like it was planted...

Universities went on holiday break. How many Chinese students went home over that break and returned? How many of them are from Wuhan? How many of those were incubating the illness?

Don't make conspiracies where natural timing works out well enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That's right. The guy in Mexico not there. Anyway, this thing is moving fast.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
40%+ secondary infection rate makes this more infectious than a standard Flu and more serious than SARS.

By the time you posted it’s already resulted in 63 under watch cases in US for which there’s ample reliable sources.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Plus, we have this from Mexico:

Mexico

So, all on cue? Impeachment + China + Immigrants + Adam Schiff loses [heads on a pike] it mentally. Deep States final push?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

You are correct University Professor cleared. However three more cases down there. Hers the link:

Mexico

top topics

join