It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Give me liberty, or give me death."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

The full quote, in context is;
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."

Well I found a knife, yes, a knife. Not just any knife, one with a handle made from the last "Liberty Tree", a 400 year old Tulip Poplar to be exact. It was killed, knocked over by Hurricane Floyd. Well, it seems a piece of American history will live on forever, in the form of a pre-revolutionary bowie, of limited number. Only 1776 of them have been made, and I'm buying one. See above link, doesn't do it any justice compared to the catalog image, but it is an idea.

Knives are little mentioned when it come to weapons. However they remain an essential part of the warriors gear, and for good reason. Now of course they have evolved since the bowie; folding knives, lockback, swiss army, serrated and even knives that clip on to ones LBE or combat vest.

I'm a collector, love blades, can't help it most guys are. Any ways, those of you who know me, know this knife is perfect in my opinion any how.

What are some of your favorite knives, I'm tired of rehashed rifle or cannon posts on weapons. What about the good old stand bys? I've seen some non gun threads, but not many.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A $700 knife? Does it have an M14 attached to the end of it?

All joking aside, its a nice knive. They wont have much issue selling every one of them Im certain.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now that is nice, got to admit that the price tag is a little high for me,
but, I Want One !!!

Man thats Nice.....shame there's not a drooling Icon.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
shame there's not a drooling Icon.

I'll see what can be done about that.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm not really a knife person but I can see their usefullness

A thread that may interest:

Knives?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
A $700 knife? Does it have an M14 attached to the end of it?

All joking aside, its a nice knive. They wont have much issue selling every one of them Im certain.

Exactly what I was thinking. Which is simply amazing all to itself. But It is a nice knife. I have one my father used to own. Its probably coming up on 100 years old.

Phae

new topics

top topics

join