It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Anything be who doubts the bio weapon theory needs to read the Science Magazine article containing work by Lancet Medical Journal. Then read the additional analysis by the Israeli doctor. All links are in this thread. They directly challenged the narrative of the virus being from bats. After living in a China for a decade I know who I trust, and it ain’t the CCP.

I strongly recommend you consider that;

Unprecedented quarantine and lockdown in China
Extreme economic risk of above
Xi risking himself politically with these moves, he was already very weak from trade war, rumors of coup coming almost daily
Experts are calling out China regarding wrong infection numbers
Reports of cities self isolating in China
Wuhan mayor complaining about Beijing, that is simply NOT done in China
Building hospitals at alarming rate, why if only 20k infected?
2 bio labs in Wuhan
We’ve not seen or heard directly from Xi in about 6 days, I refer to like new press conference on TV see, why? In all crises Chinese leaders are always “out front” on TV everyday

I won’t add the rumors, but there are many

That evidence does not support A SARS-like situation.

The newer videos show lots of people simply fainting on streets and in building on security cams, this is especially scary.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Tianjin has a large military presence, it makes sense to mobilize them after they sent military medics to Wuhan.

I routinely saw military convoys and stuff when I lived in Tianjin. My wife’s from Tianjin and has cousins in military. We’ve not heard from them since this started but that is not uncommon from them to go weeks without communication.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Surgical masks are selling out across US:

www.thehill.com...

Seems like America is waking up...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

IDK, but the one flying now is not cancelled. Not sure WTF they're thinking flying people into an airport from wuhan. Madness.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
market is almost fully recovered

yup, this is completely a non issue, another bull# distraction story

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Here is the study report Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding from twitter was referring to, it has not been peer reviewed at this time.

The report looks at the possibility of two different viruses mixing genetic material to form a mutation ( recombination event)
It concludes that nearly half of 2019-ncov genome is a new linage, with no close relationships to other viruses within the subgenus of sarbecovirus that coronavirus belongs too. Interesting, will have see if it holds up though.

Full-genome sequence analysis of 2019-nCoV revealed that belongs to betacoronavirus, but it is divergent from SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV that caused epidemics in the past. The 2019-nCoV together with the Bat_SARS-like coronavirus forms a distinct lineage within the subgenus of the sarbecovirus.

A BLAST search of 2019-nCoV middle fragment revealed no considerable similarity with any of
the previously characterized corona viruses.

The levels of genetic similarity between the 2019-nCoV and RaTG13 suggest that the latter does not provide the exact variant that caused the outbreak in humans, but the hypothesis that 2019-nCoV has originated from bats is very likely.

. Our study rejects the hypothesis of emergence as a result of a recent recombination event. Notably, the new coronavirus provides a new lineage for almost half of its genome, with no close genetic relationships to other viruses
within the subgenus of sarbecovirus.

www.biorxiv.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
1 confirmed case in Munich, Germany and now 1 unconfirmed as of yet in Berlin. The one in Munich does not have fever. So maybe the virus has mutated. that's just my opinion though

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The real question and scary thing to me, isn't a pneumonia like virus that gets people sick, it has been China's response to this. If 2000 or even 15000 out of 1.3 billion people got even a lethal strain of some basic sickness, it would not cause the response we have seen from China. The real question I keep asking myself is why? why would China of all places voluntarily enact a quarantine of that magnitude , and basically toss their economy into a stupor, because of a simple viral infection , that even with a high R0 and mortality rate, doesn't seem on its own to be anything worse than influenza? A few answers I have come up with.

1) I think the most likely situation is that the disease spreading around Wuhan and China is in fact NOT the corona virus, but something more sinister , whether man-made or not. The Chinese government feels like they can keep it contained and that by having an actual corona-virus out there at the same time, and spreading throughout the world, it keeps the attention on that. Shutting down borders, schools, quarantines are all for appearances. They want to keep the world and prying eyes out in order to save face. Whether this is the leaked bio-weapon situation, or simply just the lack of hygiene from eating wild snakes and bats and stuff, who knows. But I contend that the corona virus itself is a red herring , and while China might be ravaged by this mystery illness, the corona virus itself simply will have a body count of under 100 for the rest of the world, killing the already immuno-compromised and old.

2) The novel corona virus itself is a lot more potent and devastating than we are led to believe. Whether this has mutated from what the rest of the world knows, or whether China has not been honest from the beginning, this illness attacks the lungs and brain in a severe way, making it far more dangerous than initially reported and thought, killing young and healthy and old and sick without prejudice. It also is a lot more infectious than reported. This is the global pandemic scenario. We are all screwed. China's response here is an attempt to make it appear they tried to do something, knowing the cat is already out of the bag.

3.) Everything is exactly as it appears, a slightly dangerous virus has hit a city with a massive population in an unhygienic small space where the medical response is unable to keep up, China is fill of cities like this and the government actually is trying to mitigate the loss of life of Chinese citizens. That this will end up spreading world-wide but ultimately the public health awareness and general preparedness and structure of western world medicine, will allow it to have a minor scope in the grand scheme of things, spreading but ultimately not being any worse than the flu is every single year. China's response is surprising to be sure, and probably overkill, but they would rather overkill the response than the alternative. I find this the least likely of the 3 and that is what scares me honestly.

edit: I know this is my 1st post, but am a long time member, who left when this place became less this and more political mud-pit everyday. Forgot log-in info as it has been years, had to create a new account. It's good to be back.
edit on 28-1-2020 by scyther2286 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

originally posted by: celltypespecific
This thread is exploding...information overload...

How can one keep track of the major highlights of this developing story....

I can't believe China accidentally deployed a Bio-Weapon.... this narrative is gaining ground and no longer a conspiracy!!!

Wireless technology/ cell towers and specially 5G IS WEAPON TECHNOLOGY.

Are Chinese killing their citizens with 5G , maybe the corona virus there is sensitive to EMF also

Look where the deaths are, all in communist China....

If no deaths outside China, there has to be major factor that is directly effecting.....Huawei 5G ?

5G is weapon, and combined ith new bug it may kill a lot in short time

Can we stop with the 5G stuff and leave that for another thread for those who care.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The small number of international cases reported outside of China seem to be recovering well some seem to have mild and moderate symptoms from what I have read but some sources are a little bit sketchy.

Some sources state the person is cured but "cured" is not the word I'd use. But those who have been infected by the current strain and recovered are now probably immune to catching the same strain. There is however a chance the strain could mutate into a new strain.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

YOLO a straddle. Profit. If it's over we're headed back to all time highs, if it starts spreading outside china, we're headed much lower.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
While the human cost of a pandemic (if this is what is developing) is foremost in minds at the moment, its interesting to consider the associated impact.

The world today is built on integrated supply chains, and importantly they are centred in Asia (manufacturing particularly). The impact on society could be significantly bigger than the actual illness as our integrated and consumer led economies feel the impact!

I know we are no where near that yet, but this piece was interesting.

transportgeography.org...

Happy you posted this.....
This is what people don't understand. You are ahead of the curve...

The world today is built on integrated supply chains, and importantly they are centred in Asia (manufacturing particularly). The impact on society could be significantly bigger than the actual illness as our integrated and consumer led economies feel the impact! [/exnews]

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: toysforadults

YOLO a straddle. Profit. If it's over we're headed back to all time highs, if it starts spreading outside china, we're headed much lower.

I'm going to check the IV on GLD and TLT today see if it's high enough on the call side if it is I'm opening a 30 day call spread on both of them 3% OTM if the premium is good

otherwise I'm just going to take profit on Roku today and see what happens

oil markets are recovering and that's the major indicator for me, back to ATH, check call spreads on GLD and TLT for sure
edit on 28-1-2020 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2020 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Do we have any evidence that it crosses the blood brain barrier anywhere please?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
The small number of international cases reported outside of China seem to be recovering well some seem to have mild and moderate symptoms from what I have read but some sources are a little bit sketchy.

Some sources state the person is cured but "cured" is not the word I'd use. But those who have been infected by the current strain and recovered are now probably immune to catching the same strain. There is however a chance the strain could mutate into a new strain.

Even if it does, unless it mutates drastically, any illness resulting from it to those who already had it should be mild by comparison. This is what happens every year with most cold and flu bugs because our immune systems will be prepared to deal with it.

link   
a reply to: scyther2286

Welcome back scyther, good first post

For what it’s worth I think your scenario 3 is probably the most likely out of the three scenarios that you present, time will tell though I guess.

And the chances of us ever finding out the real truth are zero to none.

MR

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

IDK, but the one flying now is not cancelled. Not sure WTF they're thinking flying people into an airport from wuhan. Madness.

Exactly my point. Before the flight we tracked landed, there were no cases in CA. Now there are, and it looks the landing zone is the first to pop up on the radar.

Way too coincidental. I really believe thats why OEM was activated.

link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Just waking up to get the latest updates. Does anyone know if they are stopping outgoing shipments of goods from Shenzen? This affects my business. I would rather see it halted though instead of risking it.

Any other updates from overnight?

I'm expecting a shipment today from a place in China. I contacted them if I should even touch the package and they gave me a link saying that the virus can't live on packaging. But, I may just scoop the package up with my shovel and toss it in the back of the garage for a month and get it out then, if we are still alive. lol.

I think a lot of people will be hesitant to get things knowingly from China, even if they don't stop shipments.
edit on 28-1-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

This may be a lesson in why globalism is bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

Lysol and Bleach are your buds!

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join