It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
a reply to: Necrose

Maybe, but the high tech they use now, DNA sequencing, they can be far more sure of the results, plus the pressure is on.

It's not that simple. There are protocols, tons of paperwork and one thing is for vaccine to work - eliminate the virus or make you immune, the other is that it has to be safe
edit on 28-1-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: REalBEL
If this is a bioweapon, do you think they would take steps to insure it wasn't easy to create a vaccine for. I hear this is bat virus and snake virus and 50% genomes of new stuff. Test tubes for days reply to: Power_Semi

If it's a bioweapon then you'd imagine whoever created it would have vaccines so it only infected the enemy, not your own people - would be kind of suicidal otherwise.

Since it's spreading like wildfire in China, you'd imagine if it was a Chinese bioweapon they'd have a vaccine and would deploy it, unless they have created it and don't yet have a vaccine.

Or maybe they do have a vaccine and aren't deploying it for plausible deniability reasons, or so they can blame some foreign power.

Nothing binds people together like giving them a shared enemy to be angry at - useful when you're politically unstable.

It could be a bioweapon and incompetence means there is no cure, or it could be a foreign bioweapon that the Chinese don't have a cure for, or it could not be a bioweapon.

I don't think any of those scenarios matter to the people who are infected, or will matter to you or me if we end up getting it.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: REalBEL

yeah, they seem to perform better while in Hawaii. My son goes to School tomorrow, he has an Asian teacher, I've told him to ask the teacher straight out if she's traveled to China recently, and if so, leave the classroom. Maybe a bit over kill but, what else can you do.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
a reply to: REalBEL

yeah, they seem to perform better while in Hawaii. My son goes to School tomorrow, he has an Asian teacher, I've told him to ask the teacher straight out if she's traveled to China recently, and if so, leave the classroom. Maybe a bit over kill but, what else can you do.

We don't have a single confirmed case in the UK yet but I've already been thinking about pulling my son out of school.

It does make you sound crazy, but a school with over a thousand students all crammed together in classrooms, where each class contains different students depending on ability, class form/group, etc - it only takes 1 infected person to create mayhem.

The first case in the UK and I will be keeping him at home.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: celltypespecific

I linked same article with another scientist analyzing their results. See my others post, some claims that it’s no way from the seafood market at all and so new half the virus is unprecedented.

Yes, I mentioned this yesterday. His family had not attended the seafood market, either. He was the first known infection on December 1st.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So as the sun sets on Tuesday, numbers continue to grow and human to human transmission confirmed in Germany/Japan

The most up to date numbers are already wrong:
Infections: 4618
Deaths: 106

Key Updates:

- Japan confirms human to human transmission - Bus Driver/Passenger Link
- Germany confirms human to human transmission Link
- WHO admits error in classifying this as Moderate Risk should have been High Link
- Shanghai orders Stock Markets remain closed until Feb 3 Link
- China tells NZ ''difficult to get foreign nationals out of even if they are healthy"
- UN advises against the withdraw of foreign national from Wuhan Link
- China refused Taiwan’s requests to fly its citizens home Link
- Hong Kong drastically cuts cross border travel with China Link
- San Fran readies Emergency Operations Centre Link

Some good news, there are more ''cured'' cases coming out

two patients with confirmed pneumonia from a new coronavirus infection in Guangxi were cured and discharged. This is also the first batch of patients with new coronavirus-infected pneumonia discharged from Guangxi.

the first patient to be cured in Chengdu will be discharged soon.

Very little coming out of Wuhan..

thanks to Bicent for this translated article apparently from someone who was infected and survived:
Reddit

Shenyidu: How are you physically?

Wang Kang: This is the sixth day since my release. I can’t do anything labor heavy. I can’t exercise much. But I’m getting better by the day. Sometimes I run out of breath when talking, and I have trouble breathing deeply. Normal breathing is fine for me. I live in Wuhan. I can actually take care of myself now. My parents are taking care of me, too. But I rarely leave the house.

S: Did the doctors prescribe you with any medications?

WK: The hospital gave me two kinds. One for chest activation, one for anti-flu. They prescribed me 4 months for the chest activation, only 5 days for the anti-flu drug. Just need to finish this box. That’s also the one I’ve been having in hospital. I had some digestive pills this morning.

S: Still feeling upset in your stomach?

WK: My digestive functions are still poor. Had some Jiaozi yesterday. Caused acid reflux and bloating. Still feeling it now.

S: What subsequent treatment and examination are planned?

edit on 28/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
FOX just reported that San Francisco has activated their emergency preparedness office even though they have no confirmed cases just to be ready to react to any potential situations from this.

Makes sense, as that is where we are flying the evacuated diplomats and citizens from Wuhan.
edit on 28-1-2020 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

The coronavirus patient in Germany has been identified as a 33-year-old German man who works in Starnberg, south of Munich. He had not been to China but was in a meeting with a Chinese national last week, who has since been identified with the coronavirus, Dr. Andreas Zapf, the head of the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food safety said Tuesday.

Zapf said at a news conference that the patient had attended a company meeting in Starnberg last week, where the training manager -- a female Chinese citizen -- was leading the meeting. The Chinese staff member is originally from Shanghai, but her parents had visited her there a few days prior to the meeting in Germany, Zapf said.

The Chinese citizen has since flown back to China. She felt ill on the flight back and tested positive for the coronavirus after her return to Shanghai. She notified the German office upon this discovery, Zapf said.

From CNN so wait--- she got it from her parents? And then passed it on to him? Think of all those people they came into contact with?!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Maybe it is a bioweapon but work in progress and no vaccine.. escaped from laboratory. Draconian measures China did in very short of time after alerting WHO etc is that they were already made plans if SHTF.. and it did.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Just waking up to get the latest updates. Does anyone know if they are stopping outgoing shipments of goods from Shenzen? This affects my business. I would rather see it halted though instead of risking it.

Any other updates from overnight?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I just read that translated interview on Reddit, that’s crazy if true. It looks like he had underlying health issues to begin with further compounded by the disease.

It looks like quite a few different meds and interventions based on steroids, bronchodilators, maybe more extreme meds to force open the lungs. Significant supportive care just to keep blood pressure and vital signs consistent and somewhat stable. I wish I knew the exact oxygen measurement, was it SPO2 or mmhg?

Guess we’ll know the real answer soon enough.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

China City Under Military

The killer coronavirus from Wuhan. China's 15 millionth city imposes martial law Больше читайте здесь: translate.googleusercontent.com...://tsn.ua/ru/svit/ubiystv ennyy-koronavirus-iz-uhanya-15-millionnyy-gorod-v-kitae-vvodit-voennoe-polozhenie-1481943.html&xid=17259,15700021,15700186,15700190,15700256,15700259, 15700262,15700265,15700271&usg=ALkJrhjFRZQ6qDG78oJWfD9RxmQrqehokw

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Can you do that? I mean by law

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Excellent work:

Here's whats coming out now with respect to military. Thoughts?

Global Times ✔ @globaltimesnews #Tianjin in North China is to launch #wartime mechanism to confront the novel #coronavirus, the first city in China to do so. A general hospital and 500 medical teams in the city are to be put under military management.

Link Translated

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

Can you do that? I mean by law

You mean keep your kid out of school?

Well no, if you don't send them to school then officialdom will arrive at your house and you'll be in big trouble.

But they can have time off if they're ill.

So, I'd ring in that he's sick and keep him off for a couple of weeks.

By that time things will have become so desperate (probably) that schools will be shut anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
What ever happened to that plane that landed in San Fran?

Several more were scheduled in the last week.

flight aware

Please view link, there have been 5 flights out of Wuhan to San Fran since the 21st (scroll down to see backlog)

Is this why San fran is opening center of operations for emergency management?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

They were cancelled

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Western Australia in the clear thus far.

The four possible coronavirus infections under investigation in WA have returned negative results, according to WA Health Minister Roger Cook.
www.perthnow.com.au...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Really? Why did they never show cancelled? The others did?

I don't get it, when I first jumped into this thread someone had tracked one of the flights to San Fran and posted a picture of it sitting at the airport on the flight map...

That was 3 days ago.. not a word since.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Than last night some lady on Twitter (looked like a manager or something in San Fran) said plane wasnt going to San Fran but Ontario.. and nothing about the other 4 flights (one of which was tracked by US.)

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join