It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Not sure if anyones posted this, I thought it was new but I guess not:

BEIJING, Jan. 26 (Xinhua) -- Experts of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have successfully isolated the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the environmental samples of a seafood market in Wuhan, indicating that the virus stems from wild animals on sale at the market.

Thirty-one of the 33 positive samples were collected from the western zone of the market, where booths of wildlife trading concentrated. The result suggests that the novel coronavirus outbreak is highly relevant to the trading of the wild animals, experts said.

www.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
More information on the Japanese human to human infection:
english.kyodonews.net...

The bus driver in his 60s drove two groups of Chinese tourists from Wuhan earlier this month, Japanese health minister Katsunobu Kato said.

The driver from Nara Prefecture, western Japan, was diagnosed with pneumonia on Saturday and has been hospitalized in the prefecture.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
www.scmp.com...

An improvised explosive device was discovered in a rubbish bin at the Shenzhen Bay Control Point on Tuesday morning, just 12 hours after a Hong Kong public toilet was set ablaze in a suspected bombing , the second such incident in less than a day

Message on Telegram messaging app says Shenzhen discovery only the start and demands border closure

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Today might be the day that nudges me from interested and keeping track to concerned. There were 4 things that I thought would be big red flags, 3 of those now seem to be happening:

1) The rate of recovery is not keeping pace with the number of infections/deaths. The John Hopkins tracker still has this below 70. Granted this could be due to poor updates, but that worries me.

2) The first signs of transfer to people who have not been to china

3) Honk Kong restricting transport and movement of people

4) This one has not happened yet, but Shanghai imposing travel restrictions or locking down will for me be the equivalent of an air raid siren.

Im no expert by any means, but common sense says these 4 things are very significant

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Germany confirms human to human transmission
www.sueddeutsche.de...

BREAKING news that Germany has human to human transmissions. The German got the flu from a Chinese business person visiting Germany from January 19th - January 22th.

edit on 28/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yeah 500 million, no big deal I guess. Now scale that up to today, 2.5 billion, again no big deal. Factor in how easy it is for this to be spread about, especially with such a long incubation period. And by easy I mean planes, trains and automobiles. If you're familiar with those? Theres estimates 5 million left wuhan city prior to quarantine.

We'll start with ignorance and see how you get on?

edit on 2812020 by MuldersMate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=24900475]Agit8dChop

Thirty-one of the 33 positive samples were collected from the western zone of the market, where booths of wildlife trading concentrated. The result suggests that the novel coronavirus outbreak is highly relevant to the trading of the wild animals, experts said.

So how about - a (wild) rat or mouse or maybe even insect gets into facility where a bioweapon virus is being tested.

It gets infected and goes back into the wild and infects other wild animals.

The Chinese catch and eat some of those wild animals.

People are now infected.

Anyway it isn't important if it is a bioweapon or not (except that it might have a much bigger mortality rate than a natural virus), it's spreading and killing people rapidly.

That's all that we need to focus on - what it's actually doing irrespective of where it came from.

With reference to people comparing it to Spanish flu.

In 1918 there were roughly 1.8 Billion people on earth; Around 500 million (almost a 3rd of the world population) became infected; It killed between 50 million and 100 million people.

Today there are 7.7 Billion people, 4.3x as many people.

It's not just that if 1/3rd of them got infected and the same percentage die, it's that today towns and cities are FAR more densely populated which will mean it will spread faster and easier than in 1918.

It could infect more than a 1/3rd of the world population.

If that happens - if it is as contagious as some of us are afraid of, and if the mortality rate is 3%+ then I really do think were looking at this being the most catastrophic event in human history.
edit on -06:0020202America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jan 2020 04:19:40 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0119 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

edit on -06:0020202America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jan 2020 04:20:04 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0120 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

You are absolutely on point.

And if the R0 is much worse than the spanish flu, Whcih I think it is, then yes it is far worse. However there are some improvement since the spanish flu, things like containment, medicine, health services.

Denser population centers, easier transportation globally, but much better medical procedures / practices. More knowledgeable and informed population. Better preparedness.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Anyway it isn't important if it is a bioweapon or not (except that it might have a much bigger mortality rate than a natural virus),

If this is something our scientists made, then there's probably already a cure - or atleast a significant amount of research towards one. Thats a positive!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Credit to Blaine for this idea, from another thread on this topic last week. I didnt give the idea the consideration it deserved then, but it now seems as possible and logical as the various official theories (if not moreso).

He pondered the possibility that the bio lab was testing on animals and whoever was tasked with disposing of the test animal carcasses sold them or their meat to make a little jingle on the side instead of hauling them to the incinerator per standard protocol. Gotta be honest, it is more than just plausible in a country where a black market of fat collected from sewers and rendered to be sold to food stalls as cooking oil exists.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MuldersMate

Yeah 500 million, no big deal I guess. Now scale that up to today, 2.5 billion, again no big deal.

At no point did I say it wouldn't be a big deal I just pointed out that your scenario where 100% of earths population gets this virus was unrealistic.

Factor in how easy it is for this to be spread about, especially with such a long incubation period.

I'm curious how easily it spreads. China isn't known for their excellent hygiene. Especially in the densely populated areas like wuhan. If you ask me, it's interesting that it's still almost entirely confined to china. 4,500 cases in china, 65 everywhere else.

Sure you can have a fancy little chart showing a huge curve but think about this, it started a month ago and it has spread to 0.04% of the population of wuhan.

We'll start with ignorance and see how you get on?

What is that even supposed to mean?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

www.channelnewsasia.com...

A German man has contracted the virus from a Chinese co-worker who got sick shortly after she returned from China. The article doesn't specifically state that he is a lily white European, but he is from Starnberg and caught the virus when the two were attending a conference in Bavaria.

It may be time to stop viewing this from behind a self imposed veil of fabricated ethnic security and acknowledge the fact that this virus isn't racist and can slap any human to the floor.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I just want the answer to one question from both germany and australia. did they contract the virus before the other person was symptomatic? If so, how many days before?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 28-1-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

BEIJING, Jan. 26 (Xinhua) -- Experts of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have successfully isolated the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the environmental samples of a seafood market in Wuhan, indicating that the virus stems from wild animals on sale at the market.

Chinese CDC - lol ...Xinhua News (CCP). This is almost certainly propaganda lies. Not saying it came from their bioweapon facility, but they have definitely heard the accusations/rumors and this is almost certainly just a clumsy response of BS.

They were far too quick when there were single digit patients to declare this novel -- who is testing every pneumonia patient in the middle of winter? They were already knee-deep when they started reporting at all.

It is the radio silence from ground zero that has me worried. The first few days were filled with all kinds of videos, then nothing but a couple of highly suspect pro-Beijing vids. They have a very tight grip on the web now.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That’s nasty, but who knows, even over here I’ve seen investigators and personnel ask if they could take unused animals home for snake or whatever food.

If they build facilities like ours they should be autoclaving / sterilizing carcasses and stuff like that out of the immediate research space and then incinerating it like medical waste.

I have seen insects penetrate into hazardous areas, never outside animals, those are usually stopped by common corridor barriers.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

Chinese CDC - lol ...Xinhua News (CCP). This is almost certainly propaganda lies. Not saying it came from their bioweapon facility, but they have definitely heard the accusations/rumors and this is almost certainly just a clumsy response of BS.

They were far too quick when there were single digit patients to declare this novel -- who is testing every pneumonia patient in the middle of winter? They were already knee-deep when they started reporting at all.

It is the radio silence from ground zero that has me worried. The first few days were filled with all kinds of videos, then nothing but a couple of highly suspect pro-Beijing vids. They have a very tight grip on the web now.

My opinion is that they know the source and that is precisely why the CCP acted with such draconian measures once they were made aware of it. The fish market is not quite a red herring (pun intended), but not the primary source. I mean when did they take samples for testing? Perfectly likely that people have passed on the virus to the samples.

Whatever the actual source and cause of this, we are on the cusp of a game changing world event. I still think it is finely balanced and could go either way. I certainly think we are being massively lied to by the Chinese with regard to infections and deaths - and that’s with regard to those they know about. Very likely the numbers are massively higher through at least Wuhan.

In my opinion people should remain calm, keep watching keenly and prepare themselves for what could be a very bad event. It does no harm to be prepared.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Made quick search, was wondering why Russia is so silent
Russian supervision of coronavirus

During the monitoring period, 103 patients with signs of acute respiratory viral infections were identified. When conducting screening studies, the results were obtained: in 13 patients - a respiratory infection (adenoviruses, rhinoviruses, PC viruses, metapneumoviruses), 13 - influenza A, 9 - influenza B, 3 - parainfluenza, in 2 cases - seasonal coronavirus infection, in 6- x patients with mixed infection.

Patients with a new coronavirus infection (2019-nCoV) are not registered.

According to the results of operational monitoring of community-acquired pneumonia in the Russian Federation, no excess of the average annual incidence rates is observed.

Since December 31, 2019, Rospotrebnadzor has established operational cooperation with Chinese partners and the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Rospotrebnadzor expert has been included in the Emergency Committee under the International Health Regulations (2005) of WHO.

Rospotrebnadzor together with Rostourism worked out a mechanism for the return of funds to Russian citizens who refused to travel to China until the epidemiological situation stabilized.

The implementation of anti-epidemic measures continues, the situation is under strict control of the Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Welfare.

Just to ponder.
edit on 28-1-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It looks like China has closed its financial markets.

bloomberg link

from link

Chinese authorities have decided to suspend trading on the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges.
This move comes as the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak grows in size and severity.
The government is kicking the can down the road. Investors can expect a massive correction when trading resumes next Monday.
China’s financial markets will remain shuttered until Feb. 3 due to coronavirus fears, according to separate announcements from the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So two busloads of Chinese brothers and sisters were transported around Japan. At least one of these was infected. Did these tourists sight see and visit popular places in Japan possibly infecting 1000s more?

This thing was designed to stay hidden while it spreads. That's how I designed mine in plauge Inc. Japan screwed.

for a reply to: Agit8dChop

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join