It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I think it's crazy, bordering on insane negligence to allow ANY flight from China to enter our or your airspace. I really feel like China really intended to "accidentally" let millions of possibly infected people leave.

If they knew ahead of time that this was going to be a catastrophic contagion situation, allowing these people to leave and come to aus or us or Germany then puts it in our jurisdiction so to speak. Then we HAVE to help, without them even having to ask for it. And in their minds, if this all goes south, they can then share blame.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
"The RNA sequences of the coronavirus isolated from 6 patients from the same household are different from each other (Lancet), sign of the virus evolving. This may not be so good to the ear; it suggests the difficulty of containing this virus."

"A BLAST search of 2019-nCoV middle fragment revealed no considerable similarity with any of the previously characterized corona viruses (figure 2)” —> it’s a sequence entirely new to any known coronavirus. What does this mean? We don’t know yet."

Interesting thread:
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just wanted to add this. It doesn't seem likely coronavirus will be stopped.

Other experts were skeptical that the travel restrictions would prove at all effective because they had probably come too late and the barriers would prove too permeable. Five million people had left Wuhan before travel out of the city was restricted, said the city’s mayor, Zhou Xianwang. It was a stunning disclosure that intensified questions about the government’s delayed response.
“You can’t board up a germ. A novel infection will spread,” said Lawrence O. Gostin, a law professor at Georgetown University and director of the World Health Organization Collaborating Center on National and Global Health Law. “It will get out; it always does.”

nytimes

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

I have no problem with Australians stuck there being repatriated as long as they are quarantined for the correct period,but as a precaution all air travel from China should be suspended for a month or so to see what we have already here and to see how it pans out over there,if its a nothingburger then no problem if its not then as an island we can contain it.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

So let's say I get a dui tomorrow even though I don't actually drink, either way my first call isn't going to be to my primary care physician. Transversely, if I start coughing up blood tomorrow I'm not going to pay my lawyer a visit.

Either way, if you already have patients in your country whom are infected, it definitely doesn't help letting more in.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ohhh this is part of thread my my last post...

8. Continuing: “Our study rejects the hypothesis of emergence as a result of a recent recombination event.”—> I.e. the authors also conclude that the new #coronavirus did not originate from random recent admixture between different coronaviruses. Other possibilities of course.

9. BOTTOMLINE: 1) Seafood market not the source. 2) This RNA #coronavirus mutates really fast. 3) 🧬 has unusual middle segment never seen before in any coronavirus. 4) Not from recent mixing. 5) That mystery middle segment encodes protein responsible for entry into host cells.

Link to whole thread

Twitter and Science Magazine

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Yes you're correct on that, citizens should be allowed back, under strict guidelines and quarantine procedures. And if you're an aussie stuck in China, and the Australian government says they'll allow you back as long as you follow the rules, I believe most would be just fine with that. No one wants to be known as the a hole who infected their fellow countrymen.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Yeah I do believe there's a lot more to the story, more than we'll ever find out. But yeah I need a break. I'm gonna watch psych "death is in the air"

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
"The RNA sequences of the coronavirus isolated from 6 patients from the same household are different from each other (Lancet), sign of the virus evolving. This may not be so good to the ear; it suggests the difficulty of containing this virus."

"A BLAST search of 2019-nCoV middle fragment revealed no considerable similarity with any of the previously characterized corona viruses (figure 2)” —> it’s a sequence entirely new to any known coronavirus. What does this mean? We don’t know yet."

Interesting thread:
twitter.com...

I missed this...if true we are. Then words cannot expressed how f'ed we are:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

I saw that as well. But found the link I posted earlier.

I’m really like 99.9% it a bio weapon.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
FOX just reported that San Francisco has activated their emergency preparedness office even though they have no confirmed cases just to be ready to react to any potential situations from this.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
New Delhi isolated 3 people suspected to have virus, they are waiting for test results.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
THIS IS VERY DISTURBING NEWs

“Now It seems clear that [the] seafood market is not the only origin of the virus,” he wrote. “But to be honest, we still do not know where the virus came from now.”

For those who do not understand this news is coming from a highly respected science magazine.... not a random internet/twitter/blogger/conspiracy nut

We are in uncharted territory. This explains the extreme reaction by China...

www.sciencemag.org...
edit on 27-1-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I couldn't have chosen a worse time to listen to The Stand audio book

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's actually the first smart thing a major US city has done since this started. Good for them. Of course they should probably clean up all the human feces first.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

They know where it came from, it came from that lab and that's why Canada remove or arrest that lady

They just dont to admit that it came from a secret biological weapons program

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I linked same article with another scientist analyzing their results. See my others post, some claims that it’s no way from the seafood market at all and so new half the virus is unprecedented.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

I linked same article with another scientist analyzing their results. See my others post, some claims that it’s no way from the seafood market at all and so new half the virus is unprecedented.

O MY GOD ... I heard rumors but never took it seriously until now!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

They know where it came from, it came from that lab and that's why Canada remove or arrest that lady

They just dont to admit that it came from a secret biological weapons program

O MY GOD ... I heard rumors but never took it seriously until now!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
a reply to: ketsuko

That's actually the first smart thing a major US city has done since this started. Good for them. Of course they should probably clean up all the human feces first.

That's likely why they did it. They know they're sitting on a public health disaster of epic proportions just waiting to happen out there. Their only hope is to get ahead of it.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join