It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

market seems to think it's not a big deal at all.. look at futures

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: LadyOfTheLake

''i just smiled and said yeah you're probably right'' but in my head im thinking - you guys are behind the 8ball more than our government is.

Well, you know that's how Big Brother prefers its citizens.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Interesting. Gaining back some of the losses of the last two days. We'll see if it holds. BTFD.

And TBH, the market reaction is likely due to the quarantine of 60 million people having economic effects and not the actual fear of the coronavirus spreading.
edit on 27-1-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

stocks only go up

Fed never runs out of gas...

yeah of course... it has A LOT to do with oil
edit on 27-1-2020 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

It’s less than 10%, that would be mortality rate in severe cases, most likely immunocomprised having underlying disease, children, elderly, even pregnant in some cases.

Don’t forget mild, unreported and less severe cases. Some people may not even show symptoms at all because their immune system luckily picked the correct antigen to bind.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Yeah, good points. It really parallels the flu in almost every aspect.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Agit8dChop
But playing the odds, non-elderly or not at-risk individuals have little to fear.

yeah, I'm not quite sure I'm ready to accept that.

Of these, 15 percent have died, with higher fatality rates among older patients and those with co-morbidities of diabetes, hypertension, or coronary artery disease. However, most patients with severe illness were healthy to begin with, including a 30-year-old man who recently died.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It does which is interesting to watch, especially the avian flu also known as Influenza A which is an early winter disease.

This week will be interesting especially now that China briefed the WHO on the situation.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Yeah, good points. It really parallels the flu in almost every aspect.

except that it doesn't.

the spread of this bug around r-3
the flu is around r1.4-1.6

that's significant

You're infectious BEFORE you show symptoms.. - not the same
You're incubation period is up to 2 weeks.. - not the same

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The real factor to me is the deaths outside China... which currently stand at 0.

I suspect that a few will die, but I bet the percentage that die is significantly less, unless you have a specific country or city that is just bombarded like Wuhan.

Wuhan = 2714 infected, 100 dead (3.7%)
Rest of China = 1737 infected, 6 dead (0.3%)
Outside China = 45 infected, 0 dead (0%)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

That's why I said almost.

Yeah it's more contagious. You're contagious with the flu 1 day before you have symptoms with an incubation period of up to 5 days.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Does anyone know at this very present time the numbers for my below questions please, and after all these turbulent days ... Tks in advance :

1) How many deaths out of mainland China?

2) How many persons out of China, (not going to Wuhan before) , but already got infected by other ones who went there?

3) How many non-Mongolian race individuals got infected (in and out of mainland China), including Caucasians and Negroids?

Please don't need to answer *ask these questions within a few days* or so please...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

there is one to be confirm outside china right now already linked before
www.odt.co.nz...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yup that about sums it up.

We are riding blind at the moment. It’s very easy to get caught up in the hype/fear monger storm also. To much unknown, where I am optimistic, is if this virus, has been living in humans since December, and if we take the death toll serious, it’s not some crazy conspiracy weaponized biological weapon. What concerns me thou again part of the unknown, because we don’t have any patients to inform us who has recovered from it, what are the symptoms. If we translate what the Chinese are saying it’s is literally called the pneumonia flu, so with that being said, you catch this flu, from what I gather your gonna get pneumonia symptoms, in which hospitalization, will be necessary, yes you can recover, but currently the common flu does not hospitalize healthy people..

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
Does anyone know at this very present time the numbers for my below questions please, and after all these turbulent days ... Tks in advance :

1) How many deaths out of mainland China?

2) How many persons out of China, (not going to Wuhan before) , but already got infected by other ones who went there?

3) How many non-Mongolian race individuals got infected (in and out of mainland China), including Caucasians and Negroids?

Please don't need to answer *ask these questions within a few days* or so please...

Wuhan = 2714 infected, 100 dead (3.7%)
Rest of China = 1737 infected, 6 dead (0.3%)
Outside China = 45 infected, 0 dead (0%)

Not sure on races.

link   

Great points on the incubation period, I was focusing on its route of infection, possible viral pneumonia and T cell suppression.

The incubation period is completely rendering all of our precautions and interventions useless according to experts.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

market seems to think it's not a big deal at all.. look at futures

I've said this several times already, the declines in airline, travel, tourism stock and oil are systemically solid declines with good rationales behind their drops. Those industries will get hit by this purely based off of what's already been announced. Any other drops or increases in the market are speculative until the end of this week. If we start seeing new cases late this week in non-Southeast Asian nations among people who haven't directly visited any of the potential ground zero locations, then the market will have technical rationales for a steep sell off.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

You also can't discount the awful healthcare in china playing a factor in that.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Live stream of the contruction of the Hospitals

edit on 27-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
From a report submitted back on 2nd, March, 2019. 2019-ncov was always going to happen, it was just a matter of time...

The majority of the CoVs can be found in China. Moreover, most of the bat hosts of these CoVs live near humans, potentially transmitting viruses to humans and livestock. Chinese food culture maintains that live slaughtered animals are more nutritious, and this belief may enhance viral transmission.

It is generally believed that bat-borne CoVs will re-emerge to cause the next disease outbreak. In this regard, China is a likely hotspot.

To predict the next CoV that will cause a virus outbreak in future, we list the general factors that may contribute to this outbreak.

Firstly, bats host a large number of highly diverse CoVs. It is known that CoV genomes regularly undergo recombination during infection, and a rich gene pool can facilitate this process.

Secondly, bat species are widely distributed and live close to humans.

Thirdly, the viruses are pathogenic and transmissible.

Another example is the coexistence between Rhinolophus HKU2-CoVs (SADS-CoV) and SARSr-CoVs that caused the virus outbreaks, respectively [2,45]. Real-time monitoring this bat genus is necessary for the prevention of future SARS-like outbreaks.

Two bat origin CoVs caused large-scale epidemics in China over fourteen years, highlighting the risk of a future bat CoV outbreak in this nation.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join