It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 264
<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
seem to remember reading that the mayor of Wuhan said up to 5 million people left before the lockdown started, how many were infected?

a healthy adult can cover up to 20 miles in a day walking, so how hard would it be for someone to make it to another town and catch a train?

read the other day that the UK was looking for some folks that flew in from Hubei for monitoring and they had already been in country a few days.

with a 24 hour head start a 2 week incubation period and a passport an infected person could be anywhere in the world infecting people by the plane load.

its the ones that flew out that have me concerned, I used to take apart the 737 and those things are disgusting it could be 110 in the hanger and I was wearing long pants, long sleeves, and gloves and a mask at certain points of the depot work.

Sometimes those planes have a short turn around time before new people are loaded up, depending on how long this virus can live on a surface that second load could be at risk.

IF we make it to the 10th and their isn't a spike in cases outside china the rest of us can probably relax a bit, hopefully new cases in china plateau soon as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: redpassion
Is it game over for the Coronavirus?

Coronavirus: Thailand has apparent treatment success with antiviral drug cocktail

amp.scmp.com...

Reposting. What do you think? Seems it will be under control in zones where few have it and where still the virus hasn't arrived. Unless those drugs are expensive.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
A Japanese cruise liner docks at 7:30 pm tonight. One passenger with the virus . I don't have an update on it, I missed the 9 pm news. I just checked the Japanese newspapers, nothing yet.
Earlier when I watched the news the liner visited Hong Kong, Vietnam and other countries in the area.
Stay tune for this one. Should be breaking news in the world soon. I heard that the ship will have the necessary procedures in place. That is all I know at the moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
When you compare this situation to Ebola a few years back, we never had so many cases around the world. Ebola scare did not worry me because it didn't spread easily when precautions were taken. This seems to be spreading easily just look at the string of cases in Germany. Do not simply look at the numbers and say it's just few cases detected here and there. For every detected case there are dozens of undetected ones spreading it around, hell even the test is not 100% accurate. Analyze the virus based on the facts we know, extrapolate to other nations and you will realize you can't stop it around the world it's already spreading in many nations. I do not write this to incite panic or anything, calmly prepare that's all. We are not going to dodge this bullet it seems

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Is it game over for the Coronavirus?

Coronavirus: Thailand has apparent treatment success with antiviral drug cocktail

amp.scmp.com...

Reposting. What do you think? Seems it will be under control in zones where few have it and where still the virus hasn't arrived. Unless those drugs are expensive.

I think it is eminently controllable and treatable in small numbers. If the numbers stay small outside China we have a fighting chance. If the numbers start to escalate we don’t really have much of a chance.

The numbers appear to have steadies in China, but that is ONLY because they are at the limits of their testing abilities. No one knows. They don’t know. Theys have to test most people in Wuhan just to get a handle on the infection rate in that one city alone. Not going to happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

A cluster of #coronavirus infection case was seen in a #Beijing hospital, as nine patients included five medical personnel and four hospitalized patients were infected. As of early Monday morning, a total of 212 cases reported in the capital city. (File photo)

other patients.. damn, hospitals are like incubators

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: confiden

Ebola wasn't a big deal because it didn't spread easily. Ebola is deadly as hell (50-90% mortality). This isn't really a big deal even though it spreads. Yeah you might get it but unless you're one of the unlucky few percent at risk, chances are, you'll be alright. Now what could make this bad is if it spreads too quickly and overwhelms the medical facilities and those who need care and would be fine with care, cannot get it. Then you could see a massive uptick in deaths that would otherwise not happen. Slowing this down until we find a treatment method or vaccine is the key to keeping this thing from becoming a major problem.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Also if I may add, any cases that currently get it in the western world are not deadly because they get VIP care in the hospitals. Imagine when swarms of people come to the hospital of course it's going to be much more deadly. Do not assume people of certain ethnicity won't have it as bad as others. When everyone catches it and they are told to self-quanrantine at home in the western world and to only come to the hospital if you cough blood, you will not be getting the same level of treatment as the individuals who are currently taken in charge by the best medical staff after first signs of fever and travel history to Wuhan.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Bejing today was almost deserted. The train station only few were seen. So Bejing is also feeling the pinch. I notice hardly any info about Bejing. I get my news from the Japanese TV and they still have reporters in China at the moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I don’t know where some of the non-infection related numbers are coming from.

There are at least 60 million quarantined, not 10 million. And realistically that number is probably about 80 million as Zhejiang was put in quarantine yesterday and many other towns and counties are also.

Also I strongly doubt the CCP would spend the money required to use AIDS drugs to cure people.

The fact that the army is now on the ground in Hanyang and Wenzhou is concerning, They would have chemical and bio warfare gear. I can’t tell in the current crop of videos if they do though.

Also 5G theorists I think you folks need to start another thread about that. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Sounds like a shortage of medical equipment is to blame. Having to reuse contaminated gear.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

#CruiseShips To Ban Recent China Visitors - Global Industry Body

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm not feeling panicked at all, but have calmly been adding a few more tins to the weekly shop etc as they'll get used whatever, but I do feel real concern for Wuhan. If what we've been watching on videos is real then I cant imagine the terror. Is China going to lose a city of 11 million residents and then we, the world just conveniently forget about it? They're blocking off bridges, bringing in the military, burning all the bodies (evidence).. people apparently collapsing in the street, people being sealed in their homes like tombs. Are they (CCP) writing off Wuhan and saving the rest of China? My mind cant compute, I really cannot accept this *might * be happening... I'm at a loss at what to think, but i do think of it spreads outside of China that we will all survive it in much the same way as normal flu. Theres clearly something more in Wuhan..

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
footage like this makes me think its much worse and China knows it..
they're not man handling sick people for nothing

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
# I forgot and just ordered something from amazon coming from shanghai.

It doesnt appear to be in the quarantine zones

it should be ok eh

Im going to have to blast the box with chlorine or something

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yes lots of those going around. It’s like they know that almost everyone from Wuhan is infected pre-Spring Festival or are making an assumption they are.

Starting to wonder was there a mass contamination possibly, several million getting infected by air or water? Just a pre-caffeine thought.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
footage like this makes me think its much worse and China knows it..
they're not man handling sick people for nothing

twitter.com...

twitter wants your phone number when you sign up? Why?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Here is a Japanese that returned from Wuhan.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
One other thing to note here (and it's been alluded to before) viruses evolve rapidly and an evolution that kills the host tends to weed itself out of the mix. The seasonal flu was much like this coronavirus when it was in it's infancy but as it evolved it got less and less deadly. Viruses spread wider and further by not being deadly. So, if this does break out of china, it's highly possible that the version that escapes will be far less damaging than the initial version we are seeing now.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

A few reasons;

Censorship
Password retrieval and authentication
Face scan

In China these days, it’s very much your phone is your life,

top topics

<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join