It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
FOX reported 11 cases in US with a woman in San Fran being the latest. She came in from having visited Wuhan.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have read almost every page in this thread since page ~90.

Some have speculated that this virus only target Chinese. What IF it does? Could it be possible that the virus, IF it is a bio-weapon, could it be engineered to attack certain "features" that Chinese DNA manifest in the bodies like chemicals that their bodies "produce" or certain cells that are mostly present in Chinese. Also maybe it searches for a certain strand of DNA that is only present in Chinese DNA and it can only reproduce successfully this way. Could it be that the people that have gotten it outside of China have Asian ascendants? I know their genetic difference is small, but there is a difference. blogs.biomedcentral.com...

I know this is just a hypothesis and/or a Conspiracy theory, (but hey this is ATS, we can let our imagination run wild). It has a very low chance it might be true. To much of a coincidence that all the Germans that got it from the Chinese woman had Asian ascendants. Or, like I said before, maybe the virus didn't find the conditions to reproduce in a successful way inside of them because their DNA didn't "produce" the cells and/or chemicals in enough quantity that the virus was "looking" for and got mild symptoms. And that is why we haven't seen the same outside of China.

But could this, in theory, be possible?

The way I see this (because the lack of trust in institutions):

1) The virus is a bio-weapon (like the one in my hypothesis) that was being developed in China to research if it could be done OR they stole it from another country and were trying to figure it out. Also, like someone else said, maybe they were trying to develop a vaccine that only worked for the Chinese and somehow escaped before it was finished. The end would be to have something to work with if another nation tries it and be prepared, but it accidentally escaped.
- If this is true, MAYBE the numbers from China are real and they know what they are dealing with and that is why they reacted they way they did. And have no vaccine for it.

2) A Bio-weapon attack from another nation, numbers are false but they know what they are dealing with. However by this point, I think, if this were to be true, WW3 would be upon us.

3) Just a natural virus that started in China, no conspiracy, it is what it is but just a worse case scenario than SARS/MERS and they are holding the real data in secrecy. If this is true we will see the full effects outside of China in the next 2~4 weeks max. But what if we don't? Could this somewhat validate the hypothesis?

4) Chinese government has over reacted (yea right xD)

5) Chinese government is taking advantage of a natural virus to do a VERY expensive social experiment and maybe kill some of the persons they deem "troublemakers" in the process.

Damn it, I hate that institutions lie and we can't trust them. They could be telling the truth and we would never believe them.

Greetings
edit on 2/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A week ago (Jan 27th), what were the USA confirmed numbers?

A week ago (Jan 27th), what were the total non-China numbers?

I talked to someone whom is involved in the government health responses today and while I didn't have a deep conversation with him to extract details, he did mention that everyone entering the country, if they show any sickness symptoms, are being sent to one of three air bases for 14 days.

I didn't ask if everyone meant everyone from certain areas or whatever, but he just said everyone.

He also mentioned that the flu kills a lot of people every year and makes many more sick, but it's something we have just come to live with.

edit on 2-2-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: redpassion. 3/ Or it's simply a virus from a family that has been well documented to cross over to humans. But why let scientific fact spoil a good story..

edit on 2-2-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
FOX reported 11 cases in US with a woman in San Fran being the latest. She came in from having visited Wuhan.

I am just curious how many do we need to stop brushing off the "it's just 5, it's just 6, it's just 7, then 8, then 9?

I get a little comfortable in hoping its contained, but the numbers are slowly but ever increasing.

Yes it is people entering the country, but when is it not? When does somebody slip up?

This is what's troubling me. It only takes a split second for someone or something to not go as planned and the cat will be out of the bag.
edit on 2-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose
Ooff, painful

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I've been watching the German case with interest. The cat well and truly got out of the bag there, and so far, disaster has not struck. The chain of infection has been modest.

This disease looks like it spreads to close contacts after a period of time. From what we've seen, it doesn't always get serious. In fact, none of the Germans who have it have needed to be hospitalized so far. And right now, there is one in quarantine on the Canary Islands who is positive for the virus who has no symptoms and has been stuck in close quarters with his four traveling companions and has not yet passed it to any of them.

It's weird.

It's also the only real situation we have to study.

I guess there is also the husband who got it from his wife in Chicago.

So far, we've not heard of any transmission beyond that case of human to human in the US. That can and likely will change. But we've also not heard of serious illnesses or critical ones either in any of the domestic cases.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic
Africa already has the clouds of locusts atm

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

6, now there are 9.

A week ago (Jan 27th), what were the total non-China numbers?

87, now there are 187.

Here's what I'm watching. The recovery time for this is roughly 7-21 days. 14 days ago in china there were only 278 cases. Yet there are 362 recoveries as of today. So over the next week or two we will be able to get an accurate estimate on death rate. It might only be a percent, it might be five. Either way we are getting more and more information with each passing day and week and that only helps us to beef up our defenses and better combat the spread.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thanks, this thread is getting so repetitive and boring detailing every little inch of info.
Lets get some real news instead of rambling on about the same old bizzo.

by the way your new avatar is really freaky if not outright disturbing at best kind of like the CV itself.

The numbers are fudged all over the globe, China in particular are full of it with their admissions so far, its now a crime to discuss it on social media in china. Australia putting theirs at Christmas island - now that's containment and lockdown just like Wuhan but disguised as a precaution.

Wake up people and prepare to accept the mark.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

I talked to someone whom is involved in the government

That's your biggest mistake - relying on so called people in the know because their Government or Government affiliated.

I have a friend on the outskirts of Wuhan who told me this morning he could not be evacuated because he simply could not get into Wuhan to access the airport due to noone in/ noone out containment lockdown. Now hes forced to stay in china until its all dealt with he reckons? what a crock.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Getting "no data" on the John Hopkins page. They may be undergoing system maintenance.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The more I see these presentations the more I feel something really really screwy is going on,this the latest from China it has English subtitles to tell you what is going on

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Is it game over for the Coronavirus?

Coronavirus: Thailand has apparent treatment success with antiviral drug cocktail

amp.scmp.com...
edit on 3/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
P anic in MP After 2 Youth Suspected to Have Coronavirus Go Missing from Hospital

Couple of suspected cases in a hospital in India vanished

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Feb 3 SPECIAL: Corona Virus Pandemic Update

The Youtube channel Boxmining has been doing some good consistent reporting on this issue. Looking at it from an international perspective and trying to look through the cloud of censorship going on. Trying to make sense of what data is available and find a realistic perspective to it all.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum
Can you translate please?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
?!? Pakistan resumes direct flights to and from China
www.pakistantoday.com.pk...
edit on 3-2-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Getting "no data" on the John Hopkins page. They may be undergoing system maintenance.

Cheers

Ya been like that for over 1 hour now
will not look good if it don't come back

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Now this is interesting

hmmm reminds me of

The Chinese communist party would think nothing of killing countless numbers of folks if it suited its objectives,what if,what if they were introducing weaponised 5g and passing it off as the flu,just a thought.

top topics

<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join