It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Its normal. Even the coronavirus is a good comrade and follows the ccp party policy of not infecting more than 2000 a day and only kills around 20.

Virology. Who knew it was so ordered.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
We got 9 in the US now 2nd case in the Bay Area California

source

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this story from the NYtimes.com has been posted yet. I don't put much stock in them, but nevertheless, the story they wrote about nCoV being at a Pandemic level soon is interesting to see.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Looks like not good for my state.

www.nbc4i.com...

Let's cross our fingers for Negative.

Let's see if was correct about them holding the results for some time before confirming positive.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Yep..
When those people ( military) keeping those cities in lockdown get sick themselves.. then SHTF globally.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Mainstream Media is Finally WAKING UP.... Glad I am not the only one!!!

New York Times:

www.nytimes.com...

The statement coming form the official below is quite stunning (he is not one for hyperbole)

“It’s very, very transmissible, and it almost certainly is going to be a pandemic,” said Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 2-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
This is what Finnish ministry of foreign affairs knows about Flights landed in France, the evaquation.

total of 258 passengers,
64 of them French, landed on an Istres military base near Marseille on Sunday afternoon.
Other evacuees are said to represent 29 different nationalities. Of the non-French, 45 continued their journey to Brussels. According to Belgian media, they come from Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

There were also 3 finns, we don´t know yet are they going to be in quarantine in France or are they coming to Finland
Iltasanomat

There were 3 Flights from China to France today

There were 12 Belgians on board of the plain.

It landed on a military airbase, all 12 are in quarantine in a military hospital.

Belgian media is saying that all of the passengers were tested twice before boarding the plain. Those who had symptoms were placed in a separate area away from the other passengers.
So they already had symptoms when still in China!

I think Belgian media is hinting that some of the Belgians are possibly infected and placed in a separate room....

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
California tested positive- a female went out twice to the doctors.
9th in US
link

That makes 4 in California- all of whom traveled before January 24.

A week from now, I predict we won't like what we see.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
I don't know if this story from the NYtimes.com has been posted yet. I don't put much stock in them, but nevertheless, the story they wrote about nCoV being at a Pandemic level soon is interesting to see.
www.nytimes.com...

Excellent article please read it people from the New York Times Article

But various epidemiological models estimate that the real number of cases is 100,000 or even more. While that expansion is not as rapid as that of flu or measles, it is an enormous leap beyond what virologists saw when SARS and MERS emerged.

And remember the 100,000 or more is made by scientist and not random internet conspiracy folks

edit on 2-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neurosurgeon

www.nbc4i.com...

Let's see if was correct about them holding the results for some time before confirming positive.

It seems like they are really taking a long time with these two cases. It just adds to my worry when the local news makes an announcement that the CDC test results will be made public tonight, unless that's just the news station trying to bolster ratings. I agree, with other people posting here that they probably want to get the Super Bowl out of the way and then share any potentially bad news.

I had read on one of these pages last night they were also looking into two more college students who had returned from China recently who attend Kent State University in Ohio, but there is nothing listed on MapHub about any suspected cases there.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Yes I was wondering when someone would raise that point. If the Army gets it who will enforce the rule of the CCP? A bit early to work out the eventualities . But if it gets to the point where its everyman for themselves it could get nasty.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm just marking my territory:

In China, 45 More Die Due To Novel Coronavirus Infection, 2,590 New Confirmed Cases

www.outlookindia.com...

All the deaths are in Hubei Province, according to China's National Health Commission, Xinhua news agency reported.

Chinese health authorities on Sunday said it received reports of 2,590 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 45 deaths on Saturday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps. All the deaths are in Hubei Province, according to China's National Health Commission, Xinhua news agency reported. Another 4,562 new suspected cases were reported on Saturday, said the commission. Also on Saturday, 315 patients became seriously ill, and 85 people were discharged from hospital after recovery.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
This is not to be extreme and racist, but has a Caucasian been infected yet and has one been in an ICU?

Yes, the Germans and Spanish are Caucasian, none of them severe sick.
Also some of the people on the evacuation flight to France, not sure of the nationalities yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Chinese stock markets open in around 3 hours.

What is the trigger for a halt on the market? 7-8%?

I'm guessing we'll see that in the first 5 minutes

another 2000 infections and 50 deaths... its been roughly the same for 3 days now

that sounds like the limit of their testing

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I was just going over the Michigan press release for the suspected cases (before they came back as negative)

Is this normal procedure or am I reading this wrong? It sounds like several counties reported to the Michigan Department of Health but they only "selected" 3 samples and sent them to the CDC?
Why would they do that? What about the others reports from doctors?

At this time, the only approved testing for coronavirus is available at the CDC. The Michigan State Laboratory is prepared to receive the specimens and then send them to the CDC for testing. The CDC is working with the Federal Drug Administration and state public health laboratories to make testing more broadly available.

To date, MDHHS has evaluated referrals from several counties and approved specimens from two individuals in Washtenaw County and one in Macomb County for testing at CDC. Given the number of specimens being tested nationally, no specific turnaround time is available, but results are expected within several days. Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly

source Michigan.gov

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

Here's the actual link (that the CCP censored) mp.weixin.qq.com...

Here is the article text:

People outside the statistics: They died of "general pneumonia"?
Fangong Yiliu and other financial magazines Yesterday

"Finance" interviewed more than 10 families of patients, most of them infected. They also support the elderly and pregnant women in various hospitals. Their families are on the front line of life and death.

On January 31, in Wuhan Wuchang Hospital, fever patients were queued for infusion

"Finance" reporter Fang Gongyi Liu Li Shiyun Liu Yiqin Sina Intern Ma Kexin | Text
Song Wei | Edit

On January 26, 2020, the Liu Mei family received a cremation note. Her mother-in-law, a 73-year-old man, died of breathing at home and was rushed to the hospital.

Liu Mei told the Caijing reporter that the elderly had symptoms of suspected new type of coronavirus pneumonia on January 21, and the diagnosis results showed that the lung was highly infected in the fourth hospital of Wuhan. However, the old man has not been admitted to several hospitals, and can only isolate himself at home until his illness.

After the old man was taken to the ambulance, the family never saw her again. All they received was a cremation note, indicating that the cause of the death of the elderly was: viral pneumonia. However, according to family members, the death of the elderly was not included in the number of confirmed deaths from new coronary pneumonia-because she did not qualify for hospitalization and was not diagnosed with new coronary pneumonia until her death, and could only be counted as "general pneumonia" "The unfortunate one who died.

The old man hastily passed away, no decent packing, no farewell by his family, and the ashes are still in the funeral parlour.

Liu Mei's loved ones who died without treatment were not alone. "Finance" reporters have learned from various investigations that although the number of hotspots sent by major hospitals in Wuhan has declined compared to the time when the city was closed on January 23, the designated hospitals have also opened to the third batch, but it is difficult to get a bed. The situation requested has not been completely alleviated. At the same time as the number of confirmed and suspected cases has risen, there are still many people outside the epidemic statistics.

A department director of a designated hospital told the Caijing reporter that there were about 120 fever patients a day in the outpatient clinic of these two days, about 80 of whom had lung infections, but only 5 of them might eventually be admitted to the hospital.

"We can only let the remaining 75 patients who can't get in and go home. The patients can't do it, neither can we. " The director told the Caijing reporter.

The director said that, in general, two-slice lung CT showed ground-glass lesions, which were basically considered suspicious, but only patients admitted to the hospital could be counted as suspicious and qualified for nucleic acid test strips. At least 80% of the patients who have completed the nucleic acid test strip can be diagnosed and then transferred to other designated hospitals.

Caijing understands that at least five suspected deaths at the hospital have not been diagnosed, so it does not count towards the confirmed deaths. This means that the number of confirmed and fatal cases that people can see at present does not fully reflect the full picture of the epidemic.

( Click to view the big picture of the current status of major designated hospitals in Wuhan. Information has been repeatedly checked by reporters and volunteers from Caijing.)

From the current survey, there are two main ways patients can be admitted. The first is to queue up by the community: After the implementation of the community shunting policy in Wuhan on January 24, patients need to be admitted to the hospital with a hospitalization ticket-patients first go to the community to submit CT and blood routine reports, the community reports to the street, and then according to the priority of the new hospital Bed; Second, go to the designated hospital with nucleic acid test strips, get the results 48 hours, after the diagnosis can not be rejected by the hospital.

It is not easy to follow these two paths, and each one may be endless waiting. But for the severely ill, every minute can be a torment of life and death.

"Finance" recently interviewed more than 10 families of patients, most families infected with the whole family, they also help the elderly, pregnant women in various hospitals. "The hospital told us that we can only save ourselves. " Several family members of patients told the Caijing reporter that their families were on the front line of life and death.

As of 24:00 on January 31, 2020, Hubei Province has reported 7,153 cases of pneumonia caused by new coronavirus infection. Among them, 3,215 cases were in Wuhan.

There is a saying on the Twitter page of the WHO: Remember, these are not numbers, but real people. Unfortunately, there are still some people who are not included, and their life and death stories are outside the statistics.

Difficult survival

"My father kept saying that he did not die on the battlefield 70 years ago, but may have died now that the deployment of medical resources is out of control. "

"The doctor made it clear that his father was a new type of coronavirus, but the diagnosis could not be confirmed because there was no test box. " Sun Chen told the Caijing reporter.

Sun Chen said that on January 26, his father who was isolated at home suddenly coughed up blood. Sun Chen hurriedly sent her father to Tongji Hospital of Huazhong University of Science and Technology for examination. The examination results showed that the lungs were severely infected. However, the CT scan did not allow the father to be admitted to the hospital because there was no complete confirmation process.

The hospital asked Sun Chen's father to be isolated and take medicine at home, but Sun Chen realized, "The examples around me are very serious. I must send my father to an isolation bed. "

What does a bed mean? Because there was no bed, Li Kaimeng, who lived in Hanyang, watched his father breathe hard for one night at home, and eventually took a breath. His father was a soldier-turned cadre during his lifetime, the pillar of his family. After the unfortunate death of his father, the car at the funeral home arrived more than ten hours later. They were also very busy and had to pull several times in one trip.

The grandmother of the railway employee Chen Li, who lives in Wuhan, also sat in the outpatient hall of Hankou Hospital for three days because she had no hospital bed, but she did not hold back, and the rescue died. Grandma also did not go through the diagnosis process and was not included in the statistics.

A doctor at a designated hospital told reporters that there is no specific medicine for new crown pneumonia. For moderate and mild patients, the treatment of outpatient and inpatient treatment will not be much worse. But for critically ill patients there is a big difference. For those patients who have been isolated at home but have difficulty supporting themselves, going to the hospital is their last hope.

"The doctor advised my dad and I to find a way to go to the hospital, especially my dad can't drag it on. It may be life-threatening at any time. "

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Doomsday virus cometh... Front page of NY Times.

Coronavirus update:
- 16,758 confirmed cases worldwide
- 19,544 suspected cases
- 361 fatalities
- 2,148 in serious/critical condition
- 408 in China recovered
- Vast majority of cases in China
- 24 countries reporting cases

edit on 2-2-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neurosurgeon

www.nbc4i.com...

We did not hold a press conference here in Texas for our negative results. Sounds like they're getting all protocols in place before announcing Ohio has coronavirus.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Chinese stock markets open in around 3 hours.

What is the trigger for a halt on the market? 7-8%?

I'm guessing we'll see that in the first 5 minutes

another 2000 infections and 50 deaths... its been roughly the same for 3 days now

that sounds like the limit of their testing
Yes it is no surprise that they’ve hit the testing limit. Equally no surprise that others are starting to question those figures - people in the field of virology. I think the real figures from China would be truly shocking.

I said earlier that my sons friend from Hubei Province speaks to a nurse he knows in Wuhan. She said everyone has got it, the whole city is infected. Now I take that as a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly shows that people on the ground there know this is far far worse than is being reported.

Add in the CCP reaction in closing down entire cities and quarantining 60+ million people, dramatically impacting their economy and possibly the world economy and you have to wonder what they know that made them react with such terror. If this was just a bad flu then why such measures. There are serious unanswered questions here. I’m not sure we will know the answers until it is rife outside of China and it is heading that way now.

top topics

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join