It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37
Video apparently showing a lorry trying to break through and escape quarantine zone full of people although there's nothing in the video to really show that is true but what it does show is what bad shots the police are. I don't think they play cricket in China.
twitter.com...

I thought this (sorry answered wrong post):

edit on -06:0020200America/ChicagoSun, 02 Feb 2020 13:37:50 -0600_ndAmerica/Chicago0237 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
294 people have apparently died in Hubei province (includes Wuhan) with a population of around 60 million. On any given day how many people do you think die of natural causes/unfortunate accidents in that ONE province alone?? NYC has around 8.4 million. Number of deaths reported in 2010 with pop of 8.175 million was 52,575 or 144 per day.
Population & Mortality NYC [PDF]

So, a pop 7.5 times larger would be somewhere around 1080 deaths per day.
The mortality rate in China is probably higher vs US or NYC alone.

Considering this, the capacity to dispose of dead bodies should also be proportionally larger. This makes the reported number of deaths even less believable. One would assume that provincial resources could be put to use even if the majority of the 294 deaths lived in Wuhan City.

So, what is the big deal with only 294 deaths? Around 4 million people worldwide die per year due to pneumonia (viral + bacterial) so an extra 300 or 1000 is barely a blip on the radar.

To me the reported coronavirus deaths in China is either very low; skewed numbers or it's a crisis psyop to push a hidden agenda within China such as another tactic to control the sheeple or another Big Pharma money making scam while giving the world a sideshow distraction.

Along with all the shutdowns in China even for a week let alone 2 weeks or longer will have a Huge world economic impact forthcoming. This may likely be worse for the USA than the virus itself. Supply chains & inventory - Amazon, Walmart, Big tech industry, medical industry, factories, etc. just to name a few. A sense of urgency?
China sneezes and gives the world Pneumonia in more ways than one.

Recall...
Bill Gates thinks a coming disease could kill 30 million people within 6 months — and says we should prepare for it as we do for war.

But "there's one area though where the world isn't making much progress," Gates said, "and that's pandemic preparedness."

And the disease that next takes us by surprise is likely to be one we see for the first time at the start of an outbreak, like what happened recently with SARS and MERS viruses.

If you were to tell the world's governments that weapons that could kill 30 million people were under construction right now, there'd be a sense of urgency about preparing for the threat, Gates said.

Business Insider

USA: "China buy our pork, corn and chicken!"
China: "No trade deal."

Months later:
* African swine fever, killed millions of China pork
* Bird flu killed chicken
* Armyworm ravaging corn

Added bonus:
* Coronavirus, shutdown China manufacture and society.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Earlier today I found myself having a DP moment over this, thinking 'this can't be really happening'... sometimes feels like watching a movie unfold before my eyes
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

This is where alot of people are mentally... its surreal.... Every few hours I hear myself say "this can't be happening" "this does not make any sense" "what the hell is going on"......

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The China "reporter" is back

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

USA: "China buy our pork, corn and chicken!"
China: "No trade deal."

Months later:
* African swine fever, killed millions of China pork
* Bird flu killed chicken
* Armyworm ravaging corn

Added bonus:
* Coronavirus, shutdown China manufacture and society.

To be fair, swine and chicken have been hit there hard for that last several years and they have been tossing the corpses in the river. This is of their own making.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Yes, you are very correct. My crazy Sunday sarcasm didn't quite come through.

I think Wuhan (probably many other Chinese mega cities) is like a giant petri dish where a virus was mutating lying in the shadows just waiting for the opportunity to strike.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Yeah, I missed the sarcasm.

I am still on the fence whether it was man-made or "naturally" occurring, but that fact is really moot. Hopefully people can see the bigger picture here before it finds another mess to play in.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Have results been released for the two people who "fell ill" at london paddington yet?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
Have results been released for the two people who "fell ill" at london paddington yet?

Results not back yet. Too early isn't it?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
I thought it's a 48hour turn around, was just speaking to a friend who told me results are negative, I cant find anything about it online. That why i posted on here

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wuhan Coronavirus Looks Increasingly Like a Pandemic, Experts Say

The prospect is daunting. A pandemic — an ongoing epidemic on two or more continents — may well have global consequences, despite the extraordinary travel restrictions and quarantines now imposed by China and other countries, including the United States.

“It’s very, very transmissible, and it almost certainly is going to be a pandemic,” said Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.

“But will it be catastrophic? I don’t know.”

From the above article... "The biggest uncertainty now, experts said, is how many people around the world will die."

Summarized from the article:
- SARS killed about 10%
- MERS kills about 33%
- Spanish flu (1918) killed ~ 2.5%
- "Swine flu" killed about .02%
- 2019nCoV coronavirus may kill ~ 2%

ETA:
(SARS ~8100 infected/775 deaths)
Spanish flu killed 50-100 million people out of some 500 million infected. (Nobody really knows)
Not sure where NYTimes is getting 2.5%. Other claims state 10% to 20% of those who were infected died but nobody knows for sure.

edit on 2-2-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: Halfswede

Yes, you are very correct. My crazy Sunday sarcasm didn't quite come through.

I think Wuhan (probably many other Chinese mega cities) is like a giant petri dish where a virus was mutating lying in the shadows just waiting for the opportunity to strike.

I've heard a similar thought expressed that it's natures natual defence mechanism to control populations that have got too big.

The population becomes so large that it is in effect a great big test tube for viruses and other nasties to breed and mutate and experiment until they find the magic formula that culls the herd.

A bit like how myxomatosis struck when the rabbit population went crazy.

We're no different to rabbits, despite thinking we're special, we're just animals that need to stay in balance with everything else.

When people are eating bats and rats and insects and live mice, and digging cooking oil out of sewers to cook it in (well apart from the live mice and insects) then I think we'd have to conclude that we've probably expanded way beyond what mother nature considers acceptable.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
I thought it's a 48hour turn around, was just speaking to a friend who told me results are negative, I cant find anything about it online. That why i posted on here

This is the same thing I am finding in Canada. Lots of people under observation but no updates. And definitely no news on the weekend... like they work Monday to Friday or something... sheesh

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The graph vs SARS here is frightening:

wuhanviruslive.com...

I've seen people on other forums say "HA - it's slowing down, look at how it's tapering off"

Unfortunately if they had a brain or could be bothered looking at the numbers they'd see the "slowing down" bit at the top of the graph is just the added numbers so far today - by the time the rest are added in it'll be stratospheric yet again.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
1st death outside of China Philippines.

source

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Logical points. Perhaps Natural selection.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Evacuated French citizens from Wuhan show symptoms.

BNO Twitter

I read further they got on plane symptom free and landed with some showing symptoms.

Unconfirmed report Russia cut railway service to/from China.

There’s some concerning rumors about more deaths outside China but I won’t post until confirmed.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Evacuated French citizens from Wuhan show symptoms.

BNO Twitter

I read further they got on plane symptom free and landed with some showing symptoms.

Unconfirmed report Russia cut railway service to/from China.

There’s some concerning rumors about more deaths outside China but I won’t post until confirmed.

Repatriating anyone from China was such a reckless move. Every country that has done it has endangered their native population.

Everytime I see the mouthpiece, from the UK’s batch in quarantine, on the news, I want to give him a slap

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic
Wow 36 on 1 plane.

French health minister: 36 people on the evacuation flight had symptoms of coronavirus; 16 were transferred for return to their home country, 20 others remain on the tarmac to wait for test results - BFM

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is what Finnish ministry of foreign affairs knows about Flights landed in France, the evaquation.

total of 258 passengers,
64 of them French, landed on an Istres military base near Marseille on Sunday afternoon.
Other evacuees are said to represent 29 different nationalities. Of the non-French, 45 continued their journey to Brussels. According to Belgian media, they come from Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

There were also 3 finns, we don´t know yet are they going to be in quarantine in France or are they coming to Finland
Iltasanomat

There were 3 Flights from China to France today
edit on 2-2-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join