It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Kenzo, check, my intake of Elderberry juice has mysteriously gone from zero to two shot glasses a day ...

Cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

Ok thanks. And Nepal still the same situation, only one and that was Jan. 24 ...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I've got to say one thing for the Chinese...bars or not, they built a two (2) 1,000 bed hospitals in 10 days! That's pretty impressive by any standard!

The average hospital in the US takes 5 YEARS to complete! And they built one in 10 DAYS!

Granted, it's probably more like a shell, but still.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Don't know if this has been posted - the Japanese Govt official responsible for looking after the isolated Chinese from Wuhan has apparently "committed suicide" (well he's definitely dead anyway).

If he did kill himself, is it odd that he's chosen to do it now, or did he learn something that made him decide to end it all?

english.kyodonews.net...

Yep, I just saw it on the news. Its a bit unusual . I think they said he just jumped out the window. If he had his phone with him and took pictures, we'll be seeing them somewhere in the tabloids soon. Personally, I don't think he just wanted to jump, but the police are very thorough in suspesious suicides here. Tomorrow we should get an update on his life style.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

This WuFlu has bring new dimensions to daily habits , this migh even keep the common flu away

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

Someone up thread was saying they commonly use those for construction site offices and similar in China and the bars come standard because they are an anti-theft measure. So if they're knocking together pre-fabs out of what they have, the bars would be there.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Has it been mentioned how this virus started? Is it related to the pig virus that gangs were purposely infecting farms with?

Two lines of thought:

1. It was a bat virus that passed through some other critter and then got eaten or contaminated others via the Wuhan Wet Market.

2. There is a level 4 bio containment lab about 20 miles away, and this was something they were working with there that somehow got out.

Given the timeline being constructed by genetic analysis of the strains sampled worldwide, the curious rash of arrests related to bio-espionage and this particular lab, China's extraordinary reaction to this, etc., the second scenario seems to actually be as plausible as the first. Although either one could produce this kind of virus in reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tarifa37

Someone up thread was saying they commonly use those for construction site offices and similar in China and the bars come standard because they are an anti-theft measure. So if they're knocking together pre-fabs out of what they have, the bars would be there.

Good point...let's hope you are right....but I doubt it somehow given they are on the inside windows as well

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Philippines health official (I assume) just gave an tv statement and account of the death

He said the victim developed sevre pneumonia, then appeared to recover for several days, then suddenly his condition deteriorated and he died within 24hrs

He also had more than just the coronovirus too.

As deep as this thing goes in your lungs, if you don't keep the goop it produces well lubricated and moving, it will be easy for secondary infections to get setup, and that's likely what got this guy.

How many times have you gone to your doctor sick with something only to have him tell you that you have a viral infection, treat the symptoms, and then if you get worse after feeling better (usually within a timeframe), to come back? That's because if you get worse, you likely picked up a bacterial secondary infection that's the cause of you getting worse. Bacteria love warm, slimy plugged up conditions.

Anyone who has this and has the viral pneumonia whether you know it or not, will have a higher risk of picking up secondary infection.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Tonight on the news (Tokyo)
They showed some pictures of the hospital. Yes, the hospital has bars on the inside also. It appears to be 4 beds to a partition type of rooms.
Around 4 thousand workers on the project.
An interview of a nurse said, the one doctor has 7000 people waiting to be tested and that is just one doctor. Shown was the halls in some hospital were jammed packed with frighten people only to be told they can't test at the moment.
I understand now 20 corona virus patients are now being watched. I think by this Friday the numbers we see/hear about will either explode or tapper off here in Osaka or Tokyo.
I don't know about continued JAL flights into China to pick up more Japanese nationals. I don't think it was mentioned this evening. One thing is for sure, Japanese journalist are not beating around the bush with their reports of what is going on.

Although those of us that have been, or in the military know that our network of space spy in the sky can and is picking up the horror that is going on there. Its just not being shared publicly .

Well that's about it for this Sunday evening 2-2-20

The news here shows no panic here, not yet. But I'm in panic "buying " mode. Wife agrees and she completely understands what they say on the tube. So, yes, we are stocking up for at least 2 months of food, water and whatever else she wants to buy. pet food also.

Stay calm everyone and listen to your gut feelings. So what if it may in the end be wrong, but I'd rather be right in the beginning of civil disorder here.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Correct Ket, was me. Still they did throw that together impressively.

I’ll ask around about the to fam and friends but doubt they’ll know about this. But wife’s fam is quite big so I’ll give a try and report if they answer.

No way on this Earth CCP would ever invite Japan to help them. No way. They still utterly hate Japan and they regularly stoke that hatred in the populace to keep it there. Younger Chinese people have taken to anime, manga, and cosplay so that type of thing is weakening over time,

I remember first learning that my kid students loved Ultraman and Pokémon, I was quite surprised it was allowed on TV under Hu Jintao’s regime but it was. Nowadays under grand Winnie Pooh Xi it’s not on TV but cable TV only which most city dwellers have.
edit on 2-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling, where’s my morning coffee?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

That's because events like this happen rarely in history, even back when sanitation was crappier.

There are accounts of wars fought around disease. WWI was impacted by the Spanish Flu. There were ancient wars of the Classical Greek era impacted by the Plague - an unknown disease they only assume was bubonic because it happened so long ago they're merely working off written accounts of it.

This type of thing only happens every 100 or so years at most, and we are honestly about due.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Doc Cottrell is telling it as it is.
Manhattan area in New York: attention!

Stay safe.

edit on 2-2-2020 by ahamarlin because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2020 by ahamarlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Greeks regularly appealed and sacrificed to their gods to give plague to the bad guys and keep it away from the good guys. Parts of the Iliad are true,

China has always had disease problems especially during wartime. There are allegations of plague during cultural revolution and I believe it.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Whatever the source may be, the genetic analysis of the virus in the wild indicates a single source of infection or a patient zero. Based on how slowly it is mutating, they are confident it was a single animal crossover source that started to spread out of Wuhan.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

And none of that is before you even talk about the common diseases in army camps like dysentery and others which killed soldiers all the time. Every war was fought around those thanks to poor camp sanitation.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Can anyone point me to any general information comparing H1N1 to nCoV? There's a lot of people in my circle starting to disregard this new virus and ignore safety advisories mainly because of efforts to compare virus X, Y & Z such as H1N1 in particular. The premise is that H1N1 was far more contagious and claimed a lot more lives, yet nobody made a big deal out of it, and the thing eventually died out anyway. I'm concerned about misinformation... as it affects all of us here.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

BETSY!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirnoffsky
Can anyone point me to any general information comparing H1N1 to nCoV? There's a lot of people in my circle starting to disregard this new virus and ignore safety advisories mainly because of efforts to compare virus X, Y & Z such as H1N1 in particular. The premise is that H1N1 was far more contagious and claimed a lot more lives, yet nobody made a big deal out of it, and the thing eventually died out anyway. I'm concerned about misinformation... as it affects all of us here.

"The pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza virus has a R0 of 1.2 to 1.6"

nCoV has a R0 of 2.5-3.5, and therefore is far more contagious. This mere fact renders their argument invalid.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ahamarlin

Thanks again. Great stuff. I’m watching his longer 45 min Q&A on the virus now.

new topics

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join