It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 228
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I’m seeing a graphic on Twitter occasionally, can’t find it now. It shows that the virus has mutated with many variants in China each named for a city or area.

First time hearing of this, then again the virus does mutate on a smaller scale when going from person to person.

Anything that stands out in those particular locations? Also, shouldn't countries be realizing that samples from evacuated patients and "in-country" infections do not match?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Let's see how fast we can get a vaccine with the entire world working on it. Despite all the fear mongering etc, this virus ISN'T that bad. However, with the world's full force towards the production of it. Let's hope everyone cooperates!

What suck's is this -

www.washingtonpost.com...

"When the new coronavirus genome sequence was posted to an online genetic databank in early January, Hotez immediately saw the close similarity to SARS and realized the samples sitting in storage had the potential to defend against the new virus.

“Had we been able to secure the investment, we could have done all the phase 1 trials. We could have potentially been ready to vaccinate in China, now,” Hotez said. “This is the problem with the whole vaccine infrastructure — it’s reactive, not anticipatory enough. ‘Oh, SARS is gone now, let’s move on.’"

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
So far pretty much all of the confirmed cases are Chinese people in other countries.

So the virus delivery system is Chinese tourists or students travelling all over the world.

Chinese with delivery service.

Man, I dunno about the repercussions from all of this. But I do know that I am darn glad I am not of Chinese descent. Particularly if it is discovered that they caused all this.

And if they did not, but were targeted themselves by another party, does the Chinese top brass have their finger lingering over the big red button planning to take everyone else down if they go down the toilet? Things seem to be REAL bad in China right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Found this online,
think it belongs here.
Dr Paul Cottrell thinks the virus is bio-engineered.

Pretty disturbing....

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
No Mahjiang for you!

Twitter

Wow, police taking it up a few notches. But smashing their mahjiang table that’s just rude.

It’s real and recent within last week or so.

Seriously??? Wouldn't they...the police have noticed they were being recorded???

Puzzled Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What do we predict the "official" numbers will be for China later?

They seem to me have reached the capacity for tsting so numbers aren't climbing as much.

I predict they'll say 13,972 confirmed and 305 dead - or there abouts.

Even lower, if they "ran out" of testing kits, they have to be "ran out" more than they were yesterday

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

They seem to me have reached the capacity for tsting so numbers aren't climbing as much.

Even lower, if they "ran out" of testing kits, they have to be "ran out" more than they were yesterday

Reached capacity in how many tests they can do per day, not capacity in they used all the kits.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Reached capacity in how many tests they can do per day, not capacity in they used all the kits.

Both assumptions are just that...assumptions, there are no actual facts or verifiable information so both statements are equally correct or incorrect as of now.

But, I pretty much agree with your estimates, I would say around 13600-ish confirmed, roughly 200 dead, give or take.
If we were following any projected doomsday scenario we would be looking at either 16.5k or 24k (depending on the projection) ...and that definitely is NOT the case.
....yeah yeah, I know we can't trust the official report, but we don't have any other source of information so we can't make up random figures ourselves and pretend it's better than what Chinese officials give us.

edit on 1-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Most likely from a police body cam or an officer recording it. Common when you see bad videos like this leaked in China. It’s usually someone on the inside.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am just going with this.... They are just flat out lying about the numbers.

I doubt they are testing much at all, their facilities are overwhelmed.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

First confirmed case in Boston www.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Today they said 249. Obviously BS. But the number of deaths by 9 Feb will be approx. 540 according to China.

But the real number could be 10x that, if not 100x.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ahamarlin
Found this online,
think it belongs here.

Pretty disturbing....

youtu.be...

Many articles last couple days that very subject - most are saying HIV-1 component could not occur naturally. A lack of knowledge has me a laymen understanding the HIV-1 helps virus stealthily enter lung cells. Might be part of long incubation period also.

That case being found to be true then yes its engineered bio-weapon from a lab either loose accidentally or introduced with purpose.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sen. Cotton Shreds China's Official Virus Story, Hints at 'Super Laboratory'

A United States senator is casting major doubt on the Chinese government’s official story on the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, instead hinting that a biosafety laboratory working with the deadliest pathogens in the world could be the true source.

Republican Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas dismantled a claim from China’s communist regime Thursday that pinned the coronavirus outbreak on a market selling dead and live animals.

Wonder if this claim will gain traction or die in the kettle.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ahamarlin
Found this online,
think it belongs here.

Pretty disturbing....

youtu.be...
If only Chinese people die then that points to a blood/dna group tweaked bio-weapon

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This about one of the 2 declared in the UK...
York UK

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
I would have to agree....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can't help but wondet what is the probability that because of the onset delay and the incubation period that these first few cases we are getting the world over are essentially the early December scenario in Wuhan...one or two...nothing major...seems peaceful just atypical pneumonia..

Then BOOM like an algal bloom suddenly it explodes and you have people keeling over everywhere and no one is having a good time.

Let's hope we don't have a Wuhan January on our hands anytime soon.

edit on 1-2-2020 by Ch1m3ra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Some may find this search capability useful.

Tweeplers is a real time map of tweets coming from various locations. Click the red circle to see the tweets within the area.
www.tweeplers.com...

Search hashtags on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & Pinterest.
www.hashatit.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Twitter blocked in China, people VPN to different locations usually Hong Kong or Japan so they can post. Notice China is a big no tweet zone?

Still useful to see especially in a week or 2 when we can understand more fully.

new topics

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join