It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Huanggang City just placed in stricter lockdown. That’s a city of about 6-7 million near Wuhan. 1 person allowed out every other day to buy food. Confirmed on WeChat and it’s hitting Twitter now.

Apple just closed everything of theirs in China. Links available.

Hong Kong medical staff will strike on Monday if border and flights are still open.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I like to look at history and see if, from a behavioural standpoint, we have learned anything. This Coronavirus situation lead me to start reading about how the Spanish Flu of 1918/1919 unfolded and was handled by governments, the media and the average citizen.

This article from the Smithsonian has some interesting tidbits.

What proved even more deadly was the government policy toward the truth.

Each day the disease accelerated. Each day newspapers assured readers that influenza posed no danger. Krusen assured the city he would “nip the epidemic in the bud.”

People could believe nothing they were being told, so they feared everything, particularly the unknown. How long would it last? How many would it kill? Who would it kill? With the truth buried, morale collapsed. Society itself began to disintegrate.

I wonder about any historians advising the government about where they may be going wrong (again).

www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

I wondered what will it be like in here 2 weeks from now?

28 Days later...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I thought we already had a death outside of China?

Or was it just outside of Wuhan?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

28 Days later...

Hey that's me, with what's left of my shopping.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Been to the supermarket today, came home with 4 big bags of tinned beans, soups, etc, noodles, big bags of rice, big bags of pasta, toilet rolls (thanks for the reminder whoever it was) and kilo packs of minced beef for the freezer.

People just pottering around, not a care in the world.

Rice is your friend. Cheap, and lots of calories.

I started prepping in 2014, when the Ebola scare started. I have 5+ months of supplies for my family of 5.

I can give some tips if you are interested.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

The Chinese government has failed (us) THE W.H.O FAILED (us). this virus is literally on the cusp to be a full fledged pandemic. In that case pretty much all of us will get sick, unless you have some bunker with tons of food and some serious air purification.

Sadly I have been hoping the media and government would be honest with us but sadly, history is a good teacher..

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

WHO was in China’s pocket. They helped build the virus lab in Wuhan and touted it as world class. IF this is man made WHO would help cover it up because fingers would get pointed at them.

I don’t know what’s sadder, the fact that it’s basically worldwide and may have serious ramifications because of the lies or the fact that CCP refused outside help and lots of people may die and needlessly suffer because of that.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 11,972 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

My sons friend has received a message from the nurse he knows in Wuhan. She told him the whole city is infected. It’s everywhere and they cannot cope. She told him quite frankly that people are starving in their homes.

That is somewhat exaggerated. There are many people in Wuhan who give normal interviews to TV stations.

I hope this is heavily laden with sarcasm.

This is China you know, freedom of speech is not guaranteed and people will not publicly speak bad of the state/government.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: Bicent

WHO was in China’s pocket. They helped build the virus lab in Wuhan and touted it as world class. IF this is man made WHO would help cover it up because fingers would get pointed at them.

I don’t know what’s sadder, the fact that it’s basically worldwide and may have serious ramifications because of the lies or the fact that CCP refused outside help and lots of people may die and needlessly suffer because of that.

I posted about the man from WHO, I don't think it was taken too seriously. I think you already read the post, but it maybe about 3 pages back?

It's Sunday now here, a bit after midnight. We common folks need to really take this serious. At least I am. The Morons has about 80000 missionaries worldwide and if Romney knows something, we might be listening to the Mormons a bit . What do you guys think? They don't have missionaries in China, but in Hong Kong they do.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Been to the supermarket today, came home with 4 big bags of tinned beans, soups, etc, noodles, big bags of rice, big bags of pasta, toilet rolls (thanks for the reminder whoever it was) and kilo packs of minced beef for the freezer.

People just pottering around, not a care in the world.

It will be the same as today

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was just thinking. What if this starts getting into the Chinese military? How will it be handled . Really, if this is really going to be a pandemic, then one has got to think of the worse scenario .
People are way too dependent upon city living these days. I've never watched any of them doom and gloom movies but if it turns out to like one of them, yikes. Maybe living on a boat is best now.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

It will be an excellent argument against Globalism if people would only stop and think.

It's too bad that the usual suspects will come out and tell us, "If only we'd had more power ...", "If only we could have acted at a global level ..." and people will believe it.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Doctor recorded yelling...A doctor was filmed saying the media does not dare to report the true figures of infections in the city of Huanggang, which is near #Wuhan, repeating that 3 local hospitals were filled with patients presented with fever.

t.co... twitter.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Twitter
edit on 1-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Spot welding a family inside their house, this is a typical 70s era compound styled house for a mid rank communist family, location unknown but most likely someone in house from Wuhan

Twitter

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I am to the point along with my gift of intuition, this already is a pandemic and or will be one shortly.

Meaning we all get sick. Looking at the data down playing this is a mistake. People tend to notice the deaths over the serious or critical condition of patients. Also it will mutate, for better or worse. In this current scenario we are in it is safe to say we are all going to get sick 1 in 5 of us will get pneumonia, this illness knocks it’s hosts on their asses for at least 2 weeks. The panic may be more dangerous than the virus, riots violence maybe even wars etc.

Again China failed us, The W.H.O FAILED .

In a month from now if I am wrong I will HAPPILY EAT CROW.

Stay safe my Far East fella 😷

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

In a month from now if I am wrong I will HAPPILY EAT BAT SOUP.

Fixed that for you.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Remember those guys walking around with guns in open...? Well they weren’t doctors.

Twitter

Wife and I have accounts on WeChat of armed doctors checking quarantine zones but thought it was cops.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

I’m partial to civet cat, need my yearly dose of SARS to stay healthy.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

I am to the point along with my gift of intuition, this already is a pandemic and or will be one shortly.

Meaning we all get sick. Looking at the data down playing this is a mistake. People tend to notice the deaths over the serious or critical condition of patients. Also it will mutate, for better or worse. In this current scenario we are in it is safe to say we are all going to get sick 1 in 5 of us will get pneumonia, this illness knocks it’s hosts on their asses for at least 2 weeks. The panic may be more dangerous than the virus, riots violence maybe even wars etc.

Again China failed us, The W.H.O FAILED .

In a month from now if I am wrong I will HAPPILY EAT CROW.

What westerners don't really know is that "Japan is not a country that gives its citizens many privileges. Notice I didn't say "rights". Everything here is well structured. Due to the culture that it is "group thinking". What this will lead to is that the 2.4 million foreigners living here will be last . (I'll stop what I want to say) There's a saying here, "the police patrol the streets, but the yakuza own the streets". I hate to see evil set in, if it does, it will spread like wild fire in the big cities.
There is only one way to escape the big cities and that would be walking on the railroad tracks. And in my opinion, its the safest way to get out of the city. Of course, a bicycle would be handy, but one has got to think of the family also. In the countryside, the people are more grouped together and survival will become tribal. They know where the drinking water can come from and the fruit trees and rivers and how to fish them rivers. Sadly, not too many city folks know a lot about survival these days.
I'm going to start somehow to find out about making a crossbow. I just don't know where I can buy one here. A bow is fine, but a crossbow I think is better.
We live where a mountain is about 10 minute walk from the house. River, our backyard. Railroad tracks only 20 minutes away. But the question, why should we run. Won't know till the time comes. And it does snow in the mountains.

new topics

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join