It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: lostsock

Remember that Simpson's episode when Bart pretended to be stuck down t h e well ? The end of the show chief wiggam says he going to fix the well problem so no one ever falls in again and then knocks a sign in the ground saying " caution Well".

I can go you one better. Here in my little town in Southern Illinois, at my end of town we've had a problem with speeders for 25 years or more. The town council solved the problem - they changed the speed limit from 35 m.p.h. to 25 m.p.h. They said that should solve the problem. Ha!

Following this closely, but not stocking up on the masks and stuff like some people around here are. But after reading through the last couple pages, I decided to have stir fry for dinner. I'm cooking pork with bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, etc. Sounds like a good time to have a Chinese-style meal.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Wow,

Incredible work.

I was looking into lieber yesterday and his nano-technology based research to see if my brain would spark a connection in something happening.

Eventually something grand(in terms of discovery) might be uncovered.
edit on 30-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I found this part of the story interesting:

The individual is married to the Chicago woman who got sick from the virus after she returned from a trip to Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak.

This seems to be getting better an better in the bad sort of way. Then we have WHO finally declaring a global emergency.

www.yahoo.com...

“The main reason for this declaration is not because of what is happening in China but because of what is happening in other countries," he said. “Our greatest concern is the potential for this virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems which are ill-prepared to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
·
9 min
Today marks the biggest jump in the number of coronavirus cases outside mainland China. 26 so far, raising it to a total of 129

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X

BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
·
19s
Italy is suspending all flights to and from China, PM Conte says

twitter.com...

I suppose I'll keep an eye on this one..

edit on 30-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There is a possibility some may be carriers without any symptoms. It's good the people volunteer to stay and not bring that creeping crud home.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One of the reports said an average incubation period of 5 days and people in that same cluster showing symptoms around 7 days after the first person. This thing will spread like a nasty cold, to everyone.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

God, it's right on the schedule that many of us were talking about this time last week. With a 14 day incubation window, the people who caught it from travelers coming back from China would be starting to show symptoms right now. This weekend might be very bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Wookiep

maybe it's not the end of the world global pandemic you guys WANT it to be

Overheard:
Citizen #1 of Rome: There's Nero fiddling around up there and always spouting doom.
Citizen #2 of Rome: I know. The Roman Empire can never fall. My family is going to have a barbecue tonight. Want to come? We're gonna have a bonfire and all.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Gotcha I understand and said it wasn’t because of the reason you introduce the comparison...
However should this take hold and bloom in the USA for example do you honestly believe that Americans will obey the government as well as the Chinese? I know full well should the US see a dramatic spread like what is portrayed publicly as to its seriousness that alone would trigger martial law. Now if the truth was actual told of what’s really going on there the truth would spread a panic which in itself could bring about martial law...
Now let’s assume martial law is upon America...
How do you see this playing out? Will the masses blindly obey the will of the government?
How many people do you see being shot in the streets now?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Rome to Wuhan?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Wookiep

maybe it's not the end of the world global pandemic you guys WANT it to be

Overheard:
Citizen #1 of Rome: There's Nero fiddling around up there and always spouting doom.
Citizen #2 of Rome: I know. The Roman Empire can never fall. My family is going to have a barbecue tonight. Want to come? We're gonna have a bonfire and all.

Per Bigburgh's post above, Nero may be on his way to fiddle for the quarantined as we type.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This headline pretty much sums up what's wrong in this world.

CNBC article from 2018

Remember, these are the same psychopaths that devastated many of us back in 2008.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

woke up with a sore throat this morning

I hope its just the aircon - it happens time to time.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I don’t think you will see martial law, during the Spanish Flu outbreak most Americans were very understanding and supportive of everything the government did. This was because of honest and open radio broadcasts, regular media updates from government sources in the newspapers and open lines of communication between everyone.

I hope we see the same thing today if it starts to spread and we maintain a public health and education system with American citizens.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Not gonna lie. As I drove back from physical therapy, I started thinking about health insurance and wondering about how this was going to play out with them.

This is going to be a big, big hit to take in all across the board. You have large insurers who are going to be swamped with claims, but you'll also have Medicare and Medicaid. And to get more macabre, you're also going to have life insurance claims too.

Then you have the medical suppliers who are going to get hit with sudden demands. This will be rough on the whole medical supply chain.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

One hell of a conspiracy i an conjuring up, but what if this is man made, and is going to be used to try to change the 2020, election...

Anytime I see the name soros I cringe...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

S. Korea confirms 2 more coronavirus cases, 1st human-to-human transmission

www.arirang.com...

South Korea has confirmed its first human-to-human transmission of the Wuhan coronavirus. The patient is a 56-year-old man, who had been in close contact with South Korea's third confirmed patient,.. who had returned from China last week without showing any symptoms. The two patients reportedly dined together at a restaurant in southern Seoul. The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says because the newest patient did not know he was infected, he too may have inadvertently spread the virus.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It seems like we're getting closer and closer to something like the CronoVirus mutating into something like Ebola and retaining it's Airborne qualities. Then it will be Game Over as entire Cities, towns, villages will be dying out over night.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

You can’t compare then to now...
You are talking about people who were essentially self sufficient then to the reliant people of today....
Population
Travel
Trade
The truth of the viruses themselves
Then to now all worse for scenario
edit on 30-1-2020 by 5StarOracle because: Word

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join