It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I honestly don’t think they know. Nothing like this has happened before in modern times, they’re just winging it and hoping for the best.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Has anyone been keeping decent tabs of when the numbers seem to get updated? There are definitely a number of "lulls" throughout the day, sometimes lasting for 4+ hours at a time.

I feel like we're due for an update soon but would be nice to know when to check the various maps/updates

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Has anyone been keeping decent tabs of when the numbers seem to get updated? There are definitely a number of "lulls" throughout the day, sometimes lasting for 4+ hours at a time.

I feel like we're due for an update soon but would be nice to know when to check the various maps/updates

as far as China goes, official numbers don't mean anything. expect hundreds of thousands of infected and thousands of dead.

the only valuable info from those pages is about international cases, but those show up at random times.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

the Big report of the day from China is at 9am local time around 8pm est from usa

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wonderful!
Ame rican evacuee ordered into quarantine after trying to leave airbase

A quarantine order was issued Thursday for one of the nearly 200 Americans who evacuated the Chinese city at the center of the coronavirus outbreak and arrived at March Air Reserve Base in Riverside after officials say the person tried to leave the base.

Riverside County public health officials issued the order, requiring the person who landed on a U.S. State Department-chartered airplane Thursday to stay for the duration of the incubation period or until otherwise cleared.

"This action was taken as a result of the unknown risk to the public should someone leave MARB early without undergoing a full health evaluation,'' officials said in a written statement.

All other passengers from the Wuhan, China, flight have also been ordered to remain at the base and continue to be evaluated. Additional details on the incident were not immediately released.

That's a goddamned FAR cry from yesterday's narrative:
www.scmp.com...

Preliminary tests show that the 195 Americans brought back to the United States on Wednesday from Wuhan, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak, are all free of the illness, but they are voluntarily remaining at a California military base for further evaluation, US health officials said.

Apparently not only has the meaning of "quarantine" changed recently, but "voluntary" is also seeing its definition totally changed.

I have to say, it's very easy to read this and let the mind wander towards the idea that the CDC feels these passengers are infected or the passenger who tried to leave knows some of them are infected and is trying to get away from being quarantined among infected.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
·
19s
Italy is suspending all flights to and from China, PM Conte says

twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: FamCore

as far as China goes, official numbers don't mean anything. expect hundreds of thousands of infected and thousands of dead.

the only valuable info from those pages is about international cases, but those show up at random times.

Of course I'm not trusting the numbers from China... that's a given. It's more the spread of it and now that there is human-to-human transmission confirmed in 3+ countries, and the premise that asymptomatic carriers can be spreading it (and an estimated 2-14 day incubation period), I'm watching global stats very, very closely.

a reply to: Dolby_X

Thanks bud, very helpful!

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If they let those people out any sooner than 2 weeks, they are just ASKING to set off a biological bomb here in the US.

Christ how detached can people be from the reality of this. Especially people who are suppose to KNOW better and who are suppose to be STOPPING it.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That sounds an awful like they may be showing symptoms and that changes protocol. I figured it was more of a volun-told type situation. Quarantine can fall into a gray area I would imagine. I seriously doubt it will be like the movie Outbreak but it’s for everyone’s protection.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
These 4 Biotech Stocks Are the Silver Lining on the Wuhan Coronavirus

- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Abbott Laboratories
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- NanoViricides, Inc.

That Harvard scientist who was arrested & indicted Tuesday, accused of lying to Defense Department, National Institutes of Health about Chinese government funding has some deep connections. DARPA, MITRE, DoD, Nanoelectronics for biology and medicine...

Nanosys A development stage company focused on building nanotechnology-enabled systems. Larry Bock - president and CEO. They have an exclusive licensing arrangement with Harvard University for a portfolio of fundamental intellectual property, including nanowires, which were developed by Harvard Professor Charles Lieber.

www.nanotech-now.com...

Lieber Research Group

The DARPA / MITRE connection really intrigued me.

This is another angle to consider.

Was Leiber involved in a scheme to promote a new nanoparticle RNA vaccine for this virus?

Example:
Nanoparticle delivery system can make RNA vaccines more powerful

George Soros IS invested in a biotech lab in Wuhan and it IS located on a 666 address. Go figure.

WuXi PharmaTech Inc.
666 Gaoxin Road East Lake High-tech Development Zone Wuhan 430075, China

Proof Soros is financially involved in WuXi

An article from Debtwire speaking of his investment:
Debtw ire

You know some global elitists are going to make a killing (pun intended) off this virus crisis.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You got the part about this not being like the movie outbreak right, but not For the reason you introduced the comparison...
But because this is reality and this reality is nothing like portrayed fiction of a movie...
Every single loss of life trumps the myriad of fictional deaths portrayed in this movie infinitely....
edit on 30-1-2020 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Another case H to H transmition in germany confirm i think starting today we will see the cases outside China blooming like we all said it will happen in a couple of days.
edit on 30-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The plane was supposed to land in Ontario, CA and was suddenly diverted to March ARB. Something happened.

edit on 30-1-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Common sense prevailed and the plane was diverted to exercise better practice in effort to control probable outcome...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
It’s easier to contain a person on base than trust them to stay in a hotel off base, for this very reason.

link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I was more referring to a bunch of military units being activating running around with assault rifles forcing people to relocate and shooting people leaving quarantine.

If units are activated, we won’t have have weapons, just PPE and working within our scope of practice helping alleviate pressure on the civilian medical systems. We do it for severe storms all the time and other emergency situations. If we get tens of millions people with flu like symptoms, the system will need support.

Hollywood always makes us look all crazy, that’s why I love South Park making fun of the military.

The symptoms and length of disease look similar to viral bronchitis, not fun at all, especially if you have an underlying medical condition.

link   

At most, they aren't playing around with this.

Remember, yes, people can shed the virus while being asymptomatic, but it's impossible to get infected and then immediately turn around and start shedding virus yourself. The virus has to have time to replicate and gain a foothold in your tissues before it can start to shed.

The flu reaches that critical mass before you start to feel ill (show symptoms). Reports are that some people with this illness can do this too.

So I imagine they did test all these people for shedding and all came back negative, but they will hold them and test for the full incubation period to be safe.

It may also give them an idea of what that shedding window is if they do catch someone shedding before symptoms.

Like it or not, these people who agreed to evacuate just became test subjects for the doctors and scientists in the West.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Yep this was pretty much what I thought. That asymptomatic carriers of the virus will have spread the virus which means more asymptomatic carrier spreading it. I'd say within a week we should start to see outside cases of human to human spread to slightly spike,

I'm keeping an eye out on how we are able to deal with the influx.

edit on 30America/Chicagov02pm131 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything about uk cases doesn't seem to be much in MSM, seems silly to assume it's not here

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
a reply to: FamCore

the Big report of the day from China is at 9am local time around 8pm est from usa

8 AM Beijing time (UTC+8) is the official time for updates, but they're usually late.
edit on 30-1-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join