It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest
a reply to: tanstaafl

I am with you. I have never taken the flu vaccine and don’t trust it (oddly, I trust other vaccinations but not the flu for some reason - gut instinct?).

Flu vaccines are a really good business! They make them like 8 months in advance, the chances that they actually work are really low, they're just guessing which virus it's gonna be the next season, not taking any mutations into account. Odds are like 1 to 10, idk but low.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: blackrabbit1

India worries me too, the hygiene is poor. Monkeys on the street. Typical Hindi Funerals take one to two days. This all and huge areas of slums without decent sanitation.. Its a ticking Bomb !

Not to mention all of the human bodies floating in Ganges river.

pics or didn't happen

Warning: Horrible pics to be found at the link!
Yahoo Images

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

India worries me too, the hygiene is poor. Monkeys on the street. Typical Hindi Funerals take one to two days. This all and huge areas of slums without decent sanitation.. Its a ticking Bomb !

pics or didn't happen

Yahoo Images

Good Lord that is awful!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

pics or didn't happen

Yahoo Images

ah that, meh... nothing unexpected... probably the leftovers from the Pyres of Varanasi...
edit on 30-1-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
For those interested in doing a little prep but can't find or are fearful masks are not available .....

Found a supply of masks (USA based company) for those interested from a 3M related site (MSCDirect.com) – Keep in mind I say available because they are NOT shown as SOLD-OUT…. The prices have not been raised - and to add - I have ZERO interest or affiliation with said website.. just thought I'd pass along

All Varieties N95 / Respirators / Disposable etc ..... gloves suits you name it

I'm seeing a number of items that say "country of origin: China".

Would love to know more about particulate respirators versus just the mask and what the best options would be overall. It appears N99 masks filter more than the N95, but you'll also want goggles and other items (the mask alone won't do much, if anything without other precautions)

Godspeed

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

pics or didn't happen

Yahoo Images

Good Lord that is awful!

Who's the girl in your avatar, I like her nipples... not gonna lie.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
I want to run my own poll.

1) Don't you think that "2019 novel corona-virus" is BORING?

2) Should we rename it to "Hong Kong Fluey, no.1 Super Virus"?

I think it's far more catchy and in our dumbed down societies will probably have more chance of getting people's attention.

It's already got a ready made catchy tune, which will save time and money.

1) Is that a trick question ?
2) Have started calling it the WuWuFlu™.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Flu vaccines are the bane of my existence, they’re mandatory in the military. I have to give them out every year, my personal record for getting it is 3 vaccinations in 3 months because, paperwork + military + government = lost.

They seem to work, I get the pneumonia one too. Hopefully the give partial immunity at least. I feel like they always pick the wrong strains though.

The only time I have gotten sick was from the swine flu vaccine, as soon as they finished it and delivered it, we got it. I think it was a coincidence though, we have more of the crap in vaccines naturally occurring in our bodies and we could theoretically respond to millions of vaccines each day, no risk of immune overload unless you develop an allergy to one of the ingredients. No autism risk either, the guy who promoted that “evidence” lost his license, he was paid by a lawyer to investigate the risk, that lawyer was suing a pharmaceutical company in the UK.

Comparing the mercury based compound that used to be found in vaccines to the mercury compound that actually can cause autism is like comparing ethyl alcohol to methyl alcohol.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Eunice Yoon from CNBC just Twitter’d expect links shortly appear...

#WuhanVirus impact on global supply chain. Closed until..

PROVINCES
Feb 2: Jilin
Feb 9: Anhui, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Liaoning, Inner Mongolia, Shandong, Yunnan, Zhejiang
Feb 10: Heilongjiang
Feb 13: Hubei

CITIES
Feb 8: Suzhou
Feb 9: Beijing, Chongqing, Shanghai

They closed whole provinces down and largest cities in China.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

pics or didn't happen

Yahoo Images

Good Lord that is awful!

Who's the girl in your avatar, I like her nipples... not gonna lie.

It's nice to know...that in these troubling times...we can all come together and agree about nipples.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

Flu vaccines are the bane of my existence, they’re mandatory in the military. I have to give them out every year, my personal record for getting it is 3 vaccinations in 3 months because, paperwork + military + government = lost.

They seem to work, I get the pneumonia one too. Hopefully the give partial immunity at least. I feel like they always pick the wrong strains though.

The only time I have gotten sick was from the swine flu vaccine, as soon as they finished it and delivered it, we got it. I think it was a coincidence though, we have more of the crap in vaccines naturally occurring in our bodies and we could theoretically respond to millions of vaccines each day, no risk of immune overload unless you develop an allergy to one of the ingredients. No autism risk either, the guy who promoted that “evidence” lost his license, he was paid by a lawyer to investigate the risk, that lawyer was suing a pharmaceutical company in the UK.

Comparing the mercury based compound that used to be found in vaccines to the mercury compound that actually can cause autism is like comparing ethyl alcohol to methyl alcohol.

For adults it's probably fine but bombarding the underdeveloped immune system of infants with vaccines is crazy imho.
If it's not mercury, we still have aluminium hydroxide there

It'd be great if you could skip a year or two without any vaccines to see often you get sick. I'm a pharmacist, but I don't believe flu vaccines work ... it's just ...a good business.

PS: I'm not getting into an argument here, just stating my opinion

edit on 30-1-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest
Interesting article about 30 viruses, previously unknown to man, discovered in 15,000 year old ice on a Central Asian mountain top and the theory that melting could release them.

The Weather Network

I remeber seeing that headline aswell a few weeks back, also that headline about the mummies being disturbed in Eygpt could release some virus

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So for those who are following the trajectories and figures, are we still looking at hitting 11k tomorrow inline with the projections?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The artist who drew that has produced some interesting fantasy work. Some of his work can be seen here.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
So for those who are following the trajectories and figures, are we still looking at hitting 11k tomorrow inline with the projections?

I'd also be curious to see the projections some members shared (looked like a screenshot of an excel table) compared with what the "official" numbers are currently at
A lot of members staying vigilant and providing great updates, thanks for everyone's contributions

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

yes sir, 11090 is the projection for today, so far we had a higher actual number than projected every day so if we are still following the trend, then it should be around 11500...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Update official numbers from China only !

#Updates: As of 11:20 pm Thursday, total confirmed #NovelCoronavirus cases in China reached 8,149 with 171 deaths: official data

twitter.com...

Waiting the real info update for their next morning update !
edit on 30-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I would be interested to see, I would expect autoimmune disorders to go down. Certain vaccines with kids could be pushed back a little, there’s also some like epiglottitis and whooping cough that should not be pushed back.

I know they are working to reduce some of the amounts in vaccines and amplify the antigen. We are on the brink of DNA or genetic based vaccines and mAbs so they could be phased out eventually.

If this does become a pandemic, I could see them trying a couple vaccines, attenuated and inactivated that they would provide for free. I also see them developing a mAb treatment that they could easily charge 7 figures for in emergency situations. While they do provide services that help people, they are also a business and they have shareholders to answer to after this is all over.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

We should hit 11k today!!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is directly from the uk government site, its looking promising for the uk so far. However it's gone quiet about the Birmingham guy and been a few days with no update on that.

Situation in the UK

As of 30 January, a total of 161 UK tests have concluded, of which 161 were confirmed negative and 0 positive.
1,466 passengers and 95 staff arrived in the UK on direct flights from Wuhan between 10 and 24 January.

162 of the passengers have already left the UK

760 are now outside of the incubation period

Public Health England are working to contact the remaining passengers.
The Department of Health and Social Care will be publishing updated data on this page on a daily basis at 2pm until further notice.
There are currently no confirmed cases in the UK or of UK citizens abroad, and the risk to the public is low. The government is monitoring the situation closely and will continue to work with the World Health Organization (WHO) and international community.

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join