It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Audiokat
a reply to: SpartanStoic

This is the first person I have heard about dying from it outside of China. [EDIT: 22 yrs old]

I think that is the first outside of China.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

From my research, Ironically, the Majority of face mask production is located in the Hubei Province, China - And I believe they aren't making any since this is ground zero for the Lock Down ..... It also puts into motion the thought of are these man made or machine made ? Can anyone disprove this because I''d like to think the thing needed most for them is available.

Seriously tell me I am wrong, and I'll feel better

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

There is a lady in a private group I belong to on FB. She lives in SE Asia. She just posted saying they were finally advised to wear masks and use hand sanitizer but, masks are all sold out.

She asked her American friends coming over to Asia next week to bring some and they told her the masks were sold out in their town also.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

You also need gloves and goggles and hospital grade antiseptic and may I suggest charity starts at home

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

From my research, Ironically, the Majority of face mask production is located in the Hubei Province, China - And I believe they aren't making any since this is ground zero for the Lock Down ..... It also puts into motion the thought of are these man made or machine made ? Can anyone disprove this because I''d like to think the thing needed most for them is available.

Seriously tell me I am wrong, and I'll feel better

I have a cunning plan that avoids the need for a mask.

I'm simply going to stop breathing until all of this blows over.

Deep breath now, and hold......

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Contrasting the front page news on msn.com / cnn.com / foxnews.com with the guardian.com / apnews/apl-intlnews this morning is sobering.

There seems to be a full-court press to distract Americans with Koby Bryant and the impeachment and to ignore world news altogether -- at least the news that pertains the virus (a fully-loaded Carnival cruise lines vessel Costa Crociere "contained" in Rome as officials perform checks on 6000 passengers) seems to be the big story out of Europe right now.

I'm not in full-panic mode yet but I am absolutely disgusted by the corporate American "news" system at the moment.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

You also need gloves and goggles and hospital grade antiseptic and may I suggest charity starts at home

Oh, I am prepared. 5 months of food for my family of 5. Well water. 6 Tyvec suits, 50+ pairs of nitrile gloves, goggles, 18 N95 masks, respirator with P100 filters, head covers, tyvec booties. And Vital Oxide disinfectant and fogger on the way.
edit on 30-1-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Just giving an update: All 4 suspected cases in Texas tested negative. Good news for us.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

From what I'm reading, Malaysia has a good healthcare system, but that means nothing without knowing more about the deceased. Sounds like they were in their early 20s

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
How long before we in the UK see each other wearing masks? I have zero clue what kind of mask is even suitable. I have dust masks for spraying but that's hardly going to be effective. I don't even 'get' how effective masks are, err.....effective. So a virus isn't small enough to pass through them? They're not solid down to microscopic level are they....More chance with one of those giant water dispensers. Not seen any clarification on effective precautionary steps in regard to this

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Military grade mask factory a ways from here. Going to see if I can get someone to see if there hiring or anything.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Audiokat

I don’t think we’ve seen confirmation of any non-Chinese officially dying of it outside China yet. Healthcare in many countries is better than China.

I post what I see, but links not available. Some are supported by TV screenshots but people want links to media which is understandable.

The truth could be hidden from us as well. In US lots of us think govt knows much more and there are more cases or suspected cases.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Some info on the cruise ship..

.. i hate cruise ships - id never go one another one!

More than 6,000 people have been prevented from disembarking from a cruise ship in the Italian port city of Civitavecchia after the vast liner was placed on lockdown over two suspected cases of the deadly coronavirus.

Samples from a couple onboard were sent for testing after three doctors and a nurse boarded the Costa Crociere ship Costa Smeralda to tend to a woman with a fever.

The 54-year-old woman from Macau was put in isolation overnight in a hospital ward on the ship. Her husband, who did not have any symptoms, has also been tested by doctors from Rome’s Spallanzani hospital and quarantined.

kinda sucks for all the other tourists...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Well done I have a feeling we are all going to have to self isolate sooner or later

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Let us know how this works for ya!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

n95 or n100 I have some but the government has now conficated them for emergency personnel in Australia

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

n95 or n100 I have some but the government has now conficated them for emergency personnel in Australia

I'm presuming you mean they have confiscated remaining stock and not your personal masks??

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Really - they've just confiscated them now or some time ago?

EDIT - ah - for the bush fires?
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 30 Jan 2020 07:07:39 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0107 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Some info on the cruise ship..

.. i hate cruise ships - id never go one another one!

More than 6,000 people have been prevented from disembarking from a cruise ship in the Italian port city of Civitavecchia after the vast liner was placed on lockdown over two suspected cases of the deadly coronavirus.

Samples from a couple onboard were sent for testing after three doctors and a nurse boarded the Costa Crociere ship Costa Smeralda to tend to a woman with a fever.

The 54-year-old woman from Macau was put in isolation overnight in a hospital ward on the ship. Her husband, who did not have any symptoms, has also been tested by doctors from Rome’s Spallanzani hospital and quarantined.

kinda sucks for all the other tourists...

Had to look it up but Macau, where the 54-year old is from is a Chinese "administrative zone" on their Southern Coast. Yikes

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

I don’t think we’ve seen confirmation of any non-Chinese officially dying of it outside China yet. Healthcare in many countries is better than China.

I post what I see, but links not available. Some are supported by TV screenshots but people want links to media which is understandable.

The truth could be hidden from us as well. In US lots of us think govt knows much more and there are more cases or suspected cases.

Article here is reporting his death due to the virus. www.ndtv.com...

If you go by that alone, it suggests his death was due to the virus, apparently he's from India and had been in Malaysia. I guess more info on that will emerge. ( Hopefully )

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join