It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

The death toll from the coronavirus outbreak has risen to 170, and a confirmed case in Tibet means it has reached every region in mainland China.

Chinese health authorities said there were 7,711 confirmed cases in the country as of 29 January.

Infections have also spread to at least 15 other countries.

The World Health Organization (WHO) will meet on Thursday to again consider whether the virus constitutes a global health emergency.

"In the last few days the progress of the virus, especially in some countries, especially human-to-human transmission, worries us," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Wednesday.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
OH MY GOD -
They have probably already lost the ability to test people, so I predict the official numbers will soon stop because they can't keep up with demand for tests, and also it will be self evident from the number of ill people just how bad it really is.

THE REALLY IMPORTANT PART: The nearly 8000 people infected - this is not the actual number of infected people, just those confirmed.

But there's a 2 week delay from getting the disease to starting with symptoms, then a delay while those early patients got into a hospital and the tests came back.

That means that the delay from getting it to being confirmed is 2 to 3 weeks.

SO THE 8000 CONFIRMED CASES IS A SNAPSHOT OF THE SITUATION 3 WEEKS AGO.

If you project out 3 weeks from 8000 with the growth rate, then the true number of people in China with the disease is between 10 million and 15 million right now!
Power Semi this exact same thought has been rolling around in my head for a few days I just didnt have the words to express it as well as you did with out sounding like an utter nut case. Now everything makes absolute sense, the mass quarantines, building new hospitals the black outs.. EVERYTHING!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I am starting to think this all was not done by amateurs but professionals.....God damn execution more or less...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Yes Im thinking

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
In typical cognitive dissonant form the Australian media is condemning conspiracy while also supporting it, truth in plain sight?

As health authorities scramble to stop the spread of the disease amid fears of a global pandemic, the coronavirus panic has generated a flood of misinformation, dubious claims and conspiracy theories online.

Many, such as the claim that coronavirus was “patented”, have been debunked by websites including Politifact, FactCheck and HealthFeedback – but there’s no denying several strange circumstances surrounding the outbreak.

link

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

China's NHC just released another up . China now admits to 7,771 cases across the country, Adding nearly 1,800 from 5,974 yesterday. The death toll has climbed to 170, and 170 patients have been cured. Some 31 cases were labeled "severe" and nearly 82,000 are under observation. What is perhaps most shocking is that the number of suspected cases soared by nearly 3,000 overnight from 9,239 to 12,167.

In another major development, state media reports that the first case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Tibet. It was the only region in China with zero confirmed cases, though that streak is now over.

In a disturbing development, three of the Japanese citizens rescued from Wuhan aboard Japan's evac flight Wednesday have tested positive for cornavirus - so now the Japanese government is essentially importing the virus on the evacuation flight. We hope all those on the flight will be quarantined for a while given the virus's reputation of spreading asymptomatically.

Here's a breakdown of all the revisions...

Confirmed cases +29% (from 5974 to 7711)
Suspected cases +32% (from: 9239 to 12167)
Severe cases +10% (from 1239 to 1370)

.and here's a copy of the announcement from China's National Health Office, translated into English via Google:

At 04:00 on January 29, 31 provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities) and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps reported 1737 new confirmed cases (the first confirmed case in Tibet), 131 new severe cases, and 38 new deaths. (37 cases in Hubei and 1 in Sichuan), 21 new cases were cured and discharged, and 4148 suspected cases were added.

As of 24:00 on January 29, the National Health and Health Commission has received a cumulative report of 7711 confirmed cases, 31 cases of severe cases, 170 death cases, and a total of 170 patients who have been cured and discharged. There were 124 cases with 12,167 suspected cases.

At present, 88,693 close contacts have been tracked. Of the 2,364 people who were released from medical observation on the same day, a total of 81,947 people are receiving medical observation.

A total of 25 confirmed cases were reported in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 10 in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, 7 in the Macao Special Administrative Region, and 8 in Taiwan.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
At least with this style of home barricade you`d be able to get supplies delivered by family or friends I guess, though I doubt the authorities care.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

Dont forget the old bag and her cat 'Snopes'

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

India will get hit hard.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Damn big cat that one

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
2019-nCoV is like MERS in its symptoms and like SARS in its spread.

I have gone through a few things detailing the exact origins of a few coronaviridae.

MERS

SARS

I will get back to MERS and SARS later, not to mention why they play a big role in whats happening right now.

Many uninfected checking themselves into hospitals in fear that they might have 2019-nCoV unintentionally actually expose themselves to the virus.

Imagine being afraid for your life thinking to yourself, "oh god.. I cant stop coughing" your first reaction is to seek medical help if you haven't already been thrown back into your home or the nearest room and boarded up like a rabid zombie.

This raises concern for a very good question you should ask yourself should we ever find ourselves in this type of situation, will you be going to the hospital should you suspect you have been selected by the virus?

Chinese horseshoe bats in Hong Kong and greater bamboo bats in Guizhou Province

These grotesque beings:

The worlds Scientific community knows these particular species are highly prone to coronaviridae that turns its sights on humanity beucase the Chinese KEEP EATING THESE FLYING MONSTERS.
They've known about a few variants of coronaviridae in these areas how is this not monitored on a daily basis, the fact that these people are consuming wild animals that WE KNOW ARE CARRYING DEADLY VIRUSES THAT ARE EVOLVING TO ATTACK US AS WELL.

2019 study confirming presence of coronaviridae in area

At one point we seemingly discovered the EXACT GROUP of bats that started the SARS outbreak in 2002. a cave in yunaan.
The scientist that conducted these studiest and traveled across asia to find caves to do anals swaps of bats found in these cave warned the world that the virus could re surface.
Chinese scientists find all the genetic building blocks of SARS in a single population of horseshoe bats.

I wonder how and what will be done to ensure the wet markets down there stop farming wild animals now that they've put the world in danger.

I mean honestly hong kong and Wuhan are both really economically sound places, Wuhan being a notably well known place for education, health, and science advancements, amongst other things.

Wuhan from a economic perspective

Expert of warns mammal-to-mammal contact, claims pets need to be monitored.

This virus can be transmitted from mammal to mammal, so we need to take precautions against [all] mammals.

www.scmp.com...

edit on 30-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Yep and to think a lot elderly people in China....grounded to home .

Would like to know how much the peoples liberation army has infected individuals.....PLA about 2 million ?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Just on a whim I searched sure enough yesterday in Wuhan province

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   
For anyone who missed this or didn't tune in on the conference call;

audio of Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Disease adressing outbreak

They took questions on air and addressed concerns.

Dr. Nancy assures this particular virus shouldn't be a concern for packages coming out of china as it has a poor surface survivability time of maybe just hours.

I remember someone asking about their package from the affected region.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

One of the new patients in South Korea had contact with the 3rd case, making it the country's first known case of human-to-human transmission

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllWait

Dr. Nancy assures this particular virus shouldn't be a concern for packages coming out of china as it has a poor surface survivability time of maybe just hours.

'just hours' is considered small in the medical community for fromites?

that seems like a hell of a long time.. I assumed ''short'' would be in the minutes or seconds.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
Face Masks in the UK are getting hard to locate. Just checked Amazon and some surgical masks are now prices at £89.00 for 50!

Just done a loft insulating job so had to buy a mask in b&q there's plenty in there all types.. I bought an extra 2 pack just in case.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
some more ugly numbers on the stock market at COB

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nothing new coming out of Europe (again!). Right now just waiting for the results of the WHO meeting later today, around 19:30 European time. Papers expect they'll decide if this virus will get the PHEIC status or not.

My concern at this time is shifting from "how do I prevent getting sick" to "what if I get infected without knowing it?"
In my case, I work in sales, in one store, which means I deal with around 100 people each day. Some of my colleagues move from place to place each day.
I often have foreign customers, including Chinese people. I had several in the last few weeks.
If I should become infected and not show symptoms, I could spread it to all of these people... and different ones the next day, and different ones the next day, my colleagues could spread it to another location, and so on...
There would be no way to track who I had contact with.
My husband has the same job...
My daughter who still lives at home with us, works in a school....

The above could be true for all the people worldwide who work in sales or large companies.

I don't get why they are still saying that the spread factor is 2.2 and not once talk about the chance of a supper spreader openly? They think it's still to early to take preventive measures...

Personally I think it's about time people, and companies,start thinking and become educated about how they themselves could become a potential spreader.

I've been overly careful for about 3 weeks now, ever since I learned about the new virus when it hadn't left China yet. Constantly been aware of what I do and who I have contact with. Being aware of how close people are standing to me, who is coughing, who is touching his face, not touching my own face, etc... Overreacting honestly! And yet, today I woke up with common cold symptoms, which could very well be common flu since flu season is peaking over here...

Anyway, just food for thought about how easy and fast this virus could go ....

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Good god, data lovers rejoice.
SCMP has compiled an impressive page with all sorts of graphs and representations for many different subjects regarding the outbreak.

The most satisfying analytic based visit of them all.

that seafood market?

Here are some things you can supposedly purchase in a market like the one mentioned :

Poultry
Pork
Peacock
Ostrich
Chinese giant salamander
Asian badger
Donkey
Wild boar
Scolopendra
Camel
Crocodile
Scorpion
Turtle
Masked palm civet
Otter
Deer
Snake
Kangaroo
Bat
Goose
Cicades
Chinese porcupine
Swan
Wolf cub
Rabbit
Pheasant
Cattle
Fox
Koala*
Dog

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join