It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Close Disneyland and 70,000 cinemas but not airports. Makes sense.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: celltypespecific

Your first post didn't say predicted 100,000 cases. It said 1000 cases, and you said it's actually 100k. I was asking for a source for your claim it is actually 100k and not a prediction (which is what you should have said if that is what you meant).

There was a video floating around this morning purporting to be a doctor in Wahun and he cited 90,000 cases as of whenever he put out the video.

I don't think we have any idea of the numbers here, especially with Wuhan hospitals at capacity and rejecting newcomers.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ok, since this is a conspiracy site, I will just throw this out there. The Chinese communist regime sees the political insurgency in Hong Kong, fears it spreading to the mainland, and releases a bioweapon the cull the population down to a more "manageable" level. Yes, I think they would do this, they are psychopathic enough to be harvesting organs and God knows what else. One other tidbit, based on the mortality rate of those infected in China, looks like this strain has a kill rate of around 3 percent. The Spanish Flu of 1918 was about 2.5 percent. So yes its serious.
edit on 24-1-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's a bit morbid but maybe this is why they have built all the ghost cities, leave the dead behind and move into a brand new city or vice versa take the bodies to the ghost cities. Feel bad for the Chinese people because I don't trust the government over there at all. I don't think it is a stretch to say they would hide the real numbers at any cost

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

If we're talking conspiracy, I liked one i heard earlier.

the BS-4 lab in Wuhan was testing this virus on monkeys.
They didnt dispose of the monkey corpses properly.
Someone in the wet market knew they could get a cheap source of monkey meat
Stolen, Sold, Eaten, Infected
edit on 24/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: celltypespecific

Your first post didn't say predicted 100,000 cases. It said 1000 cases, and you said it's actually 100k. I was asking for a source for your claim it is actually 100k and not a prediction (which is what you should have said if that is what you meant).

There was a video floating around this morning purporting to be a doctor in Wahun and he cited 90,000 cases as of whenever he put out the video.

I don't think we have any idea of the numbers here, especially with Wuhan hospitals at capacity and rejecting newcomers.

I remember that video being posted earlier, although I did not watch it.

Point is, the official number is a little over a thousand, so to claim it's *actually* 100k better be backed up by something more than a Youtube video.

I agree about not knowing numbers, because we haven't confirmed the cases we suspect.

With the death toll at 41 in China, and at least that many more considered "critical," anything is possible.

And then I'm reminded of Diary of the Dead, lol, in addition to 12 Monkeys.
edit on 24-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's quite clear the official numbers infected and deceased are not exact despite what the claimed numbers media are reporting. There are however outsourced media popping up all over social media platforms, Reddit and Twitter purporting information that exceeds the claimed numbers to well in to the Thousands infected and that the infection ratio is about 1:14, this however is not officially confirmed.

I feel the exact source of the virus is not definitely known, but I also feel that infections in small cases could have been happening a couple of months prior and there could be people already infected well within the virus incubation period which I believe is 14 days.

I feel that containment has somewhat failed, there are going to be many more cases in other countries but hopefully they marginally small and controlled cases if they ramp up the screening methods. At the moment they are screening those coming from Wufan and other suspected regions but if virus spreads on a much larger scale we could be looking a epidemic event with maxed out screening.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Welp. This looks like it’s going to be real. Got another case in chi-town. Um that’s a metropolis, supposedly the infected person, did not go anywhere after from coming back from China, but there was the plane, and those exposed along the way home. Why? Are we still accepting flights from China? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ So ya governments never fix anything. Taking this seriously now, not getting chicken little over it but definitely paying attention. Keeping an eye on this thread also.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
It's quite clear the official numbers infected and deceased are not exact despite what the claimed numbers media are reporting. There are however outsourced media popping up all over social media platforms, Reddit and Twitter purporting information that exceeds the claimed numbers to well in to the Thousands infected and that the infection ratio is about 1:14, this however is not officially confirmed.

I feel the exact source of the virus is not definitely known, but I also feel that infections in small cases could have been happening a couple of months prior and there could be people already infected well within the virus incubation period which I believe is 14 days.

I feel that containment has somewhat failed, there are going to be many more cases in other countries but hopefully they marginally small and controlled cases if they ramp up the screening methods. At the moment they are screening those coming from Wufan and other suspected regions but if virus spreads on a much larger scale we could be looking a epidemic event with maxed out screening.

How are they going to screen people tho? It was reported that some cases didn't have fever at all. Maybe if we didn't spend so much on wars we would already be able to do bloodtests literally on the fly onboard the airplanes and other mass transport to quickly pick up those affected.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I like how the msm are downplaying the 2nd case found in CHICAGO. As if it’s contained. Just saw a report from pbs. They did not even report the location of the 2Nd confirmed case.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: butcherguy

It's a bit morbid but maybe this is why they have built all the ghost cities, leave the dead behind and move into a brand new city or vice versa take the bodies to the ghost cities. Feel bad for the Chinese people because I don't trust the government over there at all. I don't think it is a stretch to say they would hide the real numbers at any cost

Those cities are pretty deteriorated.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
CONFIRMED: nCov contagious through eyes, possibly airborne after mutation.

One official has come forward admitting he is infected and likely so from visiting a sick ward without protecting his eyes.

41 dead - 900+ infected

Unofficial: 90.000 infected in Hubei... possible new R0 of 14 after mutation.

Tibet confirms cases.
France as well.
edit on 24/1/20 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Not likely. The test involves genetic sequencing. It takes some time.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How do they come up with the ability to test so fast?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

My husband could give you a much more technical answer, but he helped create an in-house screener to test samples for about six different kinds of microbial contamination in under 10 days with one growth medium. He got an expensive toy to work faster than advertised.

It wasn't easy though.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hmm the information I am processing looks like thousands infected not hundreds.. hospitals over crowded and make shift tents, also seeing social media of Chinese people just falling over in the streets. I dunno how legit those videos are but it looks compelling...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

My husband could give you a much more technical answer, but he helped create an in-house screener to test samples for about six different kinds of microbial contamination in under 10 days with one growth medium. He got an expensive toy to work faster than advertised.

It wasn't easy though.

thank you

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Well you do have a good point there the question is how? I cannot answer that one as much as the next person.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I did see a video of a small monkey head in soup. (Shudder)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Have they censored or shut down social media in Wuhan Why isn't there more from the citizens ?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join