It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

We may rest assured the last thing the "authorities" want is a mass panic. They'll play it down until they can't anymore.

Even so, Spanish Flu - grade lethality is an attention grabber.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

People from Wuhan are being bashed and hunted down,infected are being barricaded in their houses there has been civil disturbance in Fujian province,5 million Wuhan residents got out...there was no public education,the public is not getting updated...and this clown from the Who is telling us what a great job they are doing,Ive seen dark web material that suggests a Stephen King novel scenario not through infection or death but through panic and poorly managed uneducated masses.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I have been mentally gaming this like Spanish which means it will be rough, it will kill more than we're used to, but most of us will survive.

The problem will be in how many are sick and for how long. Medical infrastructure may be overwhelmed, between fear and illness in the rest of the populace, you're risking disruption to supply chains although I don't expect that to be long lasting.

After that, you're down to how well society can hold together.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hi, a 10 year lurker, but only signed up today. Have followed this thread with fascination, horror and concern. I'm in the UK and currently not overly worried but I am keeping a close eye on it. From all reports it certainly seems like this virus isn't much worse than a cold, but China's reaction and the worlds following reactions don't tally up with the numbers and symptoms we are being spouted.. so i do believe there is something more/something else 'they' aren't telling us (yet) the barricading people in their homes (if indeed real) and building walls around villages all screams that people in China are terribly frightened... but from the outside I cant see 'what ' they're frightened of, iyswim.

Here in the UK, the media have been reporting since early hours this morning that 5974 are infected..not over 6k, so slightly confused by those numbers!

Anyway, nice to meet you all!
edit on 29-1-2020 by BowBells because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
WHO conference = China ass kissing competition.

They are doing a wonderful job,and being totally transparent apparently,so nothing to worry about folks.

Thank you for posting this... so SAD.

They all look PAID and Bought by CHINA

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

That’s not exactly a good breakdown due to age ranges.

When you drill down to marriage timeframes, customarily 24 to 28 in China the gender imbalance is magnified.

Also China has the shortest generation gap in the world, 3 years last I read. What’s happening now is younger Chinese people are marrying later due to costs and lifestyle.

I don’t think the virus targets one or the other more, there’s simply more men out and about able to catch is more easily.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BowBells

People get scared when what they're told doesn't match what they see.

The US government provoked a similar response during the Spanish Flu because the didn't want to cause panic, but their lack of candor caused people to distrust what they heard and fear the worst and panic. People starved because no one would bring them food out fear of the disease for example.

I think you're seeing that in China right now.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Good god I've never seen so many comments in a single post. It's going to take half of my day to review all of this.

S & F

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

This is something we have not seen in over 100 years, look up some primary sources from the Spanish Flu and how afraid people were with first hand accounts.

They also have a different government, cultural values and beliefs than we do in the west, we’re going to handle it differently.

Don’t forget that the numbers in China will look scarier than they will over here. They have increased population density, poor public health programs, and significant underlying disease like respiratory disease. This will increase morbidity and mortality in their population compared to ours.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BowBells

Welcome Bow. I share your sentiments about the information coming out of this thread.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

At least it’s not US politics and we’ve all been quite civil in our disagreements!

Big
to everyone!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Suspected cases in Newport, Wales
as well as Ottawa, Canada

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Times India reporting a suspected case in Tibet. No confirmation from Chinese Govt yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is the ATS I miss ! I've been a member for over 10 years.

I've been following this thread closely - I def feel the Chinese government has contained a lot of info. This is certainly something to be monitoring very closely. All the links other members have been posting are great. Keep them coming and let's all stay safe.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Look`s like my time is up...

Wait...when ? ?

Now?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I’m really thinking the Us Govt is holding back information.

I noticed since moving back into US last year all levels of govt are more cagey about information. My local govt sometimes puts simple crime info on total lockdown for a few days.

Wasn’t like this when I moved to Asia 20 years ago.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just a couple related Vids

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Some crime details are not politically correct, so they don't get reported. Sometimes the press picks and chooses what news is. Everyone plays CYA because someone is always looking to sue.

It all adds up to "sanitized" news one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
As far as the people coming into the US from China, we are still within the two week period, for seeing secondary infections.

You think no one came here from China in October, November and December?

Really?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
a reply to: tanstaafl

I trust their evidence more, science is our friend!

Except when it disproves pure unadulterated bunk - like the myth that we are anywhere near 'over-population'.

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join