It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

I'n no expert, but can you just 'grow' a virus?? Except the manmade ones?!

I would assume they are talking about gram positive tests, like a swab on a pitri dish yields a colony of whatever was on the swab, indicating the person swabbed did have the virus being checked for.

Gram stains are used on bacteria, it doesn't work for virus.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Perhaps China is still waking up and there is always a lag for reporting. We are still tracking to an exponential growth as per speculated forecast.

Wasn't the pattern the numbers doubling every 2 days?
edit on 28-1-2020 by Ch1m3ra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
The numbers been updated at BNO to 5484 in China.

Doesn't make sense to me - the day before the increase was 58%, today it's less than a 21% increase.

Previously it was 45%+ every day.

They will scale it back to avoid publicly exceeding SARS cases until they can't prevent admission the barrier has been breached.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I would assume they are talking about gram positive tests, like a swab on a pitri dish yields a colony of whatever was on the swab, indicating the person swabbed did have the virus being checked for.

Gram stains are used on bacteria, it doesn't work for virus.

Ah, I did not know that.
I learned something.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

My mate, Kev, said he once grew one in his back garden by accident. A very nasty affair I'm afraid. Apparently one sprouted up along side the rhubarb, he had no idea how it got there but one of the neighbours informed the local constabulary who quickly disappeared the offending infection. Kev got off with a caution but lives in fear that the boys in blue will discover the rest of the bacteria we stashed in his loft.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Doesn't make sense to me - the day before the increase was 58%, today it's less than a 21% increase.

It's just Hubei province for now, that was above 1200 last night (today 840) so yeah, it's lower but let's wait for the total number.
edit on 28-1-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ch1m3ra
a reply to: Power_Semi

Perhaps China is still waking up and there is always a lag for reporting. We are still tracking to an exponential growth as per speculated forecast.

Wasn't the pattern the numbers doubling every 2 days?

Bit less than every 2 days, was 1 and a chunk.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
iPhone maker Foxconn says coronavirus outbreak won’t affect production

The Taiwanese electronics manufacturer says its schedules aren’t changing

God forbid, they would stop the production!!

link

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Virus is detected by RNA/DNA analysis using PCR (Polymerase chain reaction). Assays have already been developed for 2019-ncov for faster results.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maybe the numbers seem low because a good portion of the population was told to stay home and no one knows the real numbers? To me it seems entirely possible that many would be infected that just never went to the hospital or to a doctor. I doubt we will ever really have a true accurate count. a reply to: Power_Semi

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

iPhone maker Foxconn says coronavirus outbreak won’t affect production

The Taiwanese electronics manufacturer says its schedules aren’t changing

God forbid, they would stop the production!!

link

What a bloody insensitive comment by foxconn..That right there illustrates the mentailty of big business perfectly.
I already knew they were scum though-imagine working somewhere where they have to install anti suicide nets.
edit on 28/1/2020 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
From NBC News: White House tells airlines it may suspend all China-US flights amid #coronavirus outbreak.

Twitter

Anyone can confirm that? Going to a meeting atm.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Suspected cases in Uruguay now (2 different locations)

Now the death toll is 131 (all in mainland China)

The next week all of these numbers and countries it is confirmed in are going to change drastically.

I do see a fair amount of "green" on the EU continent, which is good to see and still only 5 confirmed cases (officially) in the US... but I've heard that there is a confirmed case from Chinatown, NYC (but not showing up on MapHub, BNO News or the GIS map yet..)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Suspected case in Lodz, Poland about an hour ago

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

There are currently 5,572 confirmed cases worldwide, including 131 fatalities.

bnonews.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I don’t believe that. They will say the quarantine, is effective now. Might be more info blackout. Yet I will say, those becoming infected in first world countries are recovering and no one seems to be becoming a fatality. So, analyzing this data, I think, we can or I can lower the scrutiny. Yet I still, think this is going to be pretty serious for 3rd world countries or under developed country’s with allot of squalor..

But I digress, I don’t like giving quick judgements so I will continue to observe, just more optimistic.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37

originally posted by: angelchemuel
If that video of those crows is genuine....China is in a whole bigger mess than it thinks it knows......

Why its just a bunch of crows you can see that in the countryside every day in the UK.

Really? You don't know much about crows then

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

There are currently 5,572 confirmed cases worldwide, including 131 fatalities.

bnonews.com...

slowing down, should have been around 1800 new cases in Wuhan today.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Yes I expect the numbers to go up further in the next 2 weeks as many people have been travelling on planes without being symptomatic.
What seems scary to me is that some countries are pulling their people out on special flights-To me that says that the official death toll is being vastly understated(as the doctors in china have been saying).

If the death toll is as low as they are saying officially(106 people of nearly 5000 infected) why go to the trouble of getting citizens out of china on special flights?

It doesn't make sense-unless its much more serious than we are being told.

But thats how all governments operate-they will say any BS to stop panic,and keep the precious economy from droping a few points.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Was thinking that this might be a good time to go tour China.
You know: might get a good price on the tickets, especially if you only take a one-way !

Probably reduced crowds as well !
Something to think about ?

new topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join