It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Some eerie footage of wuhan here. Looks like people are isolating themselves effectively which will really help to stem new infections.

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

i have to say I cant recall having seen such a display of panic as china is displaying. nothingburger?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
new suspected case in Jamaica (per the maphub map): maphub.net...

The BNO News tracker didn't update for 10 hours or so yesterday. I'm noticing that both BNO News and this other GIS map seem to be updating much less frequently than the maphub map (but this doesn't give you easy-to-read numbers or data, more of just the geography and cases being evaluated):

GIS Map
BNO News Updates

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scyther2286
Yes I agree, but there is still a LOT of unknowns to be so arrogantly confident. And to keep saying the same thing over unnecessary imo.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Dbl soz

edit on 28-1-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

link   
Wow treble, wtf?
edit on 28-1-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

link   
Now this embarrassing, so sorry.
Quad post!?!
And I used to be a software Engineer 😐

edit on 28-1-2020 by FinallyAwake because: I am a potato

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Or imagine it getting into the California homeless camps ... or any city that allows "urban camping" really.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Or imagine it getting into the California homeless camps ... or any city that allows "urban camping" really.

All it takes is one sneeze in Manhattan..

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
New "presumptive case" in British Columbia maphub.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
More Wuhan footage:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Don't know if you have all been following the ongoing civil disobedience in most cities in France for about a year now but today it was the firefighters out en masse clashing with the riot police.

There are large scale protest occurring in many countries around the world now and I don't know if you have ever been on/part/near a protest but when that many people are in such close proximity and often breathing heavily/coughing due to tear gas etc if anybody there is affected by this they are going to spread it to a lot of people.

just a thought especially in HK where refugees from mainland China have been flooding in.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
and more on the boston lab ties to wuhan lab with arrest.
link

Prosecutors said Lieber had a contract with Wuhan Institute of Technology. He also ran a group which had contracts with the Department of Defense and National Institutes of Health.

Federal agents said Lieber lied about his ties to China when he bid on those contracts.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
and one for toys

bloomberg link

The ink was barely dry on Wall Street’s 2020 outlooks when the first case surfaced in Wuhan. But what began as a single patient suffering pneumonia-like symptoms on Dec. 12 has morphed into a deadly virus that’s sent global markets reeling.

A quick tally shows the coronavirus has wiped $1.5 trillion off the value of world stock markets since Jan. 20, when a slide in Hong Kong shares kicked off concerns among traders. Yet with Chinese and Hong Kong exchanges shut for an extended holiday, that’s a lowball figure.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

This is true, however, we essentially have no way of tracking illegals coming across the border. No way of knowing who they've come in contact with or anything. That's whats frightening. Same with homeless camps pretty well.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth

This is true, however, we essentially have no way of tracking illegals coming across the border. No way of knowing who they've come in contact with or anything. That's whats frightening. Same with homeless camps pretty well.

I'm not talking about illegals. Normal people from China can fly to the states, show no symptoms and walk the streets freely. One sneeze, 4 people catch it, they sneeze and so on.. Done!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

This is scary. How long has this been happening? Dr Lieber has been there since 2008. Who else has tried and didn't get caught?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth

I'm not talking about illegals. Normal people from China can fly to the states, show no symptoms and walk the streets freely. One sneeze, 4 people catch it, they sneeze and so on.. Done!

They don't even need to sneeze to spread it.
They can just breathe.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I suspect that if we get infections in the uk, the government will be forced to take action on housing standards and overcrowding, so many towns and cities have lots of homeless people and very overcrowded homes. Gaining access to medical treatment can be difficult to.

There are so many countries where living standards are even worse, if this takes hold it will spread like wildfire.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eccentriclady
I suspect that if we get infections in the uk, the government will be forced to take action on housing standards and overcrowding, so many towns and cities have lots of homeless people and very overcrowded homes. Gaining access to medical treatment can be difficult to.

There are so many countries where living standards are even worse, if this takes hold it will spread like wildfire.

My heart stopped on Friday when I saw two suspected cases in Mumbai for this reason. My heart breaks for the poor and marginalized who will be disproportionately impacted by this disease continuing to spread.

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join