It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Darned Millennials

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

One hundred percent agreed. One can study hard, but to be able to understand the nuances of the heart and human interaction is one that can only be gained through trial and error and a lot of emotional pain. Well, for the most part.
edit on 2312020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Yes, but would you want to?

My body does. But yeah man the older I get the the better women my age look.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I always felt like it would have been rad if I was a teenager or in my early twenties in the 80's.

I was a teenager in the 90's. It was still the great adventure of my life.

These days are very different.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

The thirty-something girls I know are like that to though.

There's a 38 year old after me who has a # buddy and a singer in a band that she sees.

There's a girl I've known my whole life that sleeps with me whenever she has no one else.

Honestly I've never known any body that didn't sleep with tons of people all the time.

Except me. Lots of offers but I only said yes 4 times. Well 4 different women not just 4 times lol.
I have standards. Standards and regrets lol

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BlissSeeker

So if 26-40 year olds are in the same generation does that mean my 39 year old ass can date a 26 year old?

Sure, give it a shot if you want to, you never know how well it could turn out. I'm 40, my wife is 29, we've been together 10 years and we get along perfectly. We agree on so many levels, from politics, child-rearing, entertainment, spirituality, etc......and the beautiful part is she initiated the entire thing. I've lucked out hardcore, practically hitting a jackpot in life.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I’m a Gen X. I loved growing up in that time, jobs were plentiful, relationships were in, there was plenty to do As a teenager - roller skating, discos, drive inns. You could buy a decent used car for 1,500, rents were affordable. You only really needed one job, and you could afford a vacation at least once a year.

I remember when $800 a month was a good amount.

Stupid politics always bleeding into everything! Now I'm thinking about how great it would be if someone, anyone in government would end the fed!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Internet ruining futures and relationships, people getting fired over comments on fake book.

I don't blame the tech. It's all in how humans choose to use it. People don't have to treat each other that way. It's a choice.

I think tech will eventually set us all free. We just need to have more discipline and control our egos.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Internet ruining futures and relationships, people getting fired over comments on fake book.

I don't blame the tech. It's all in how humans choose to use it. People don't have to treat each other that way. It's a choice.

I think tech will eventually set us all free. We just need to have more discipline and control our egos.

I agree with the discipline and ego part; not seeing the set us free scenario.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Me either.

I think the only thing that sets is free is learning not to be bound by technology.

Finding ways to live largely without it. And I don't mean ditch it all, but not to be dependent on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The major one lacking these days is emotional intelligence

Agreed. maybe because there isn't a parent in the house enough to teach it?
At work all the time.

Maybe we need a school that teaches this or a class in school?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Me either.

I think the only thing that sets is free is learning not to be bound by technology.

Finding ways to live largely without it. And I don't mean ditch it all, but not to be dependent on it.

Is there an App for that?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
In my world things are much more simple. Youll fall into one of these categories :

dead dumbass
dying dumbass
plain ol dumbass
dumbass highschooler
dumb dumbass
infant dumbass
potential baby blob of random cells potential dumbass ( its not 100% but you can come to a high degree of certainty of the potential dumbasses dumbassery by assessing the dumbassedness of its parents.)
and
non-dumbass

Basically youre a dumbass of some sort or youre not... and the year you were born doesnt matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Me either.

Is there an App for that?

4k fireplace app, only 1.99

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

At work all the time.

I'm not sure.... It's hard to say to be honest.

For myself, I've decided to take full accountability for what happens in my life. My parents aren't perfect, but who's are? I have a innate skeptism towards people teaching me "the right way". Not because of their intentions, but because we're all different.

I think part of the battle of the human experience is we have to figure a lot of it out ourselves. I think anxiety is a defense mechanism, it's our bodies way of telling us something is wrong and we need to address it.

There's no shortage of things to try and blame things on. But at the end of the day what good does that do us?

That's where I'm starting to lean personally, but we'll see how that works out for me, lol. Just kind of how I've been trying to change my mindset... Not trying to cast shade on anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Being able to change is good.

Those that can't change have the hardest lives.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
In my world things are much more simple. Youll fall into one of these categories :

dead dumbass
dying dumbass
plain ol dumbass
dumbass highschooler
dumb dumbass
infant dumbass
potential baby blob of random cells potential dumbass ( its not 100% but you can come to a high degree of certainty of the potential dumbasses dumbassery by assessing the dumbassedness of its parents.)
and
non-dumbass

Basically youre a dumbass of some sort or youre not... and the year you were born doesnt matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

At work all the time.

I'm not sure.... It's hard to say to be honest.

For myself, I've decided to take full accountability for what happens in my life. My parents aren't perfect, but who's are? I have a innate skeptism towards people teaching me "the right way". Not because of their intentions, but because we're all different.

I think part of the battle of the human experience is we have to figure a lot of it out ourselves. I think anxiety is a defense mechanism, it's our bodies way of telling us something is wrong and we need to address it.

There's no shortage of things to try and blame things on. But at the end of the day what good does that do us?

That's where I'm starting to lean personally, but we'll see how that works out for me, lol. Just kind of how I've been trying to change my mindset... Not trying to cast shade on anyone.

We think a lot a like. If you ever swing through Tennessee first round is on me

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

LMAO!!!! Good one!!

My husband calls me the female Red off of that 70's show...

That asshole has to sleep sometime.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Before Red there was Fred!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

37, so late millennial. I think the older side of it got the better deal in some cases. Almost everyone + or - 2 years is in a good spot. Working on house payments, decent paying jobs, retirement plans, better cars, having additional kids. May just be my peer group, I don't know, it just seems like we're doing much better than those 5-7 junior of us.

I too find myself looking more for the simple life away from the city. Working on just now, as I can work remote and enjoy living where I would want.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join