It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico: Reynosa man who flew to China possible victim of Coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I heard of something going in in Mexico. Its only one case and its explainable. However, think of all of the Chinese students who attend College or University here in the USA and throughout the world who may have returned to China over Christmas break and are now back in the USA and other countries abroad. Keep an eye on the WHO. I just wrote this thread so all know how fast this can spread. Hope the guy makes it. Actually keep an eye on the WHO as this stuff is really spreading fast throughout much of ASIA.

Mexico News Daily

The university professor flew to Wuhan in December Published on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 265shares A professor at the National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) campus in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, may be the first case of the coronavirus in Mexico, according to state Health Secretary Gloria Molina. After a recent trip to China, the 57-year-old molecular biologist was hospitalized after showing symptoms of a cough and runny nose.

World Health Organization

edit on 23-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Chinese government won't be able to control it. Let's face it.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Waterglass

Chinese government won't be able to control it. Let's face it.

They may not want to.

In a war of attrition they have the numbers to win, after all.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

For Coronavirus there's no difference between humans of one country or another.

If it's a weapon, it's a global population control.

This thing seems to target mostly old people with health issues. The less productive individuals of the society.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This thing seems to target mostly old people with health issues. The less productive individuals of the society.

You said it yourself - They can't control it. It targets everyone. If it's mainly the very old or very young who are dying? Well, that's just like most standard respiratory infections like the cold and flu now isn't it? They drag down the very old, the very young, and the immuno-compromised. That doesn't mean they're the only ones getting ill though.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And don't forget to check the kind of cure they'll offer and its side effects. A Trojan horse for sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm quite aware of that.

All I was saying is that with a population of 1.4 billion, China can not only weather a global crisis like that, it could also cull its weakest members at the same time.

Win/Win for their government.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

And don't forget to check the kind of cure they'll offer and its side effects. A Trojan horse for sure.

Pfft! At some point, the disease will be worse than the cure. Pretty sure you'll take the polio vaccine over a lifetime of iron lung.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I haven't been vaccinated for anything so many years. My immune system is not too good and those shots could make it worse.

Zombie apocalypse made in China sucks.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I'm quite aware of that.

All I was saying is that with a population of 1.4 billion, China can not only weather a global crisis like that, it could also cull its weakest members at the same time.

Win/Win for their government.
The problem with that logic is the unknowns associated with the virus, for all we know there isn't an easy vaccine for it.

Furthermore, ground zero would deter future investments as well as stigmas associated with the links of the virus.

It would do them more harm and honestly I don't think they can weather something of that nature.

However, we're still not even at SARs level, but nonetheless, caution is chinas best friend, assuming this is clear cut and nothing nefarious is happening.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Whats with that constant comparison with sars??

CV has been a month..... sars did even report that many cases after three months.

Dont compare an end result with start of something.... look at equal time lines.

Where was sars at 1 month.... we cant day because they waited 3 months with alerting the WHO. 305 cases after 3 months
Where is CV at 1 month.... over 600 cases......

In 3 months we can do the same.... and in 6.

So explain.... why is Sars worse than CV?
edit on 23/1/20 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

known as the virus’s reproduction number

I don't know who you are writing to but here's a comparison to SARS and the whys.

One big uncertainty: how infectious is 2019-nCoV, really? Read’s models estimate that the number of people one victim can infect—known as the virus’s reproduction number—is between 3.6 and 4.0. SARS, by comparison, was between a 2 and a 5, and measles, the most contagious disease known to humans, is a whopping 12 to 18. The higher the number, the less wiggle room public health officials have to break the chain of new transmissions before an outbreak gets out of control. Anything above 1 is bad from a containment perspective.

Scientists Predict Wuhan's Outbreak Will Get Much Worse

new topics

top topics

join