It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Scientists May Have Found Cure For Cancer - By Accident

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
If this is an actual cure, it will never see the light of day. Big Pharma will not allow anything to hurt their multi billion dollar a year "treatments".
Remember folks, when it comes to cancer, it's NEVER about curing it, it's about how much they can charge before you die.

I agree Big Pharma is more interested in long term management of a disease than in curing it.

But with that said - if it truly does prove to be a cure for one or more cancers, Big Pharma gets NO VOTE on the price as they did not develop it. Just find a smaller pharma company with a conscience, charge enough to cover costs and make a decent living, and then let it loose on the market once approved.

I'm not sure what the rules or "laws" are in the UK regarding inventions or breakthroughs done at an academic institution, but in my opinion, they should make some money if it saves lives.

Can one of our British friends weigh in here with regards to how these things are handled in your country?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: Riffrafter

Anything other than Chemo and radiation would be a blessing for humans and well past due..

True.

My aunt & uncle are going through that right now.

It's awful.

Both of my parents passed away from different types of cancer 6 years ago - and within 13 days of each other.

They were already stage 4 when diagnosed so no chemo or radiation for either. Just a ton of pain meds.

That was a very rough month for me...

Aunt, Uncle and BOTH Parents? Dude... My condolences but sounds like you need to move! Something in your area is hella carcinogenic!

On top of that, I would be hitting the doc up every 3 months to make sure. Hell... If it's that close to home, I would be going every month.

Sorry for your loss man. Your situation would have me paranoid as hell.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: weirdguy

Used in patients in several years. Patients is not the whole planet. It will take a long time to upscale it. 10 or more and that is being generous. They are not even done testing. It could totally backfire.

ummm, not several years. Patient trials hopefully at the end of this year....

The Cardiff group hope to trial this new approach in patients towards the end of this year following further safety testing.

www.cardiff.ac.uk...

Everyone has cancer in some form. It may not be killing them but they have it. The ones that it is killing, even if it was approved today, not enough resources to treat everyone. There will be a waiting list.

Just look at the process in the basic form. It involves several processes involving taking blood, modifying blood, transfusion of that blood, observe effects on the patient. Only so many facilities. It would have to be upscaled. More doctors, staff, equipment...meh. But ok whatever you say.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It's impossible to say right now. It does indeed look very promising to offer hope to numerous cancer patients. They claim they have tested it already on numerous types of cancer and it was effective. We don't know anything about 5-10 year survival rates though, we don't know about long term will the cancer come back.

From what I am reading this is an amazing find, but we have to temper that optimism by accepting there are too many unknowns to claim what we actually have yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

general guidelines :

if any claim says " cures cancer " - without specififing what cancers - suspect the claim

the " big pharma " excuse is not valid in UK acedemia

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Everyone has cancerous cells. Our body naturally fights and wins the battle usually. It is only those who lose the battle that would need these treatments. The number is around 0.5% of the US population every year.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

general guidelines :

if any claim says " cures cancer " - without specififing what cancers - suspect the claim

From the article.

Immune cells from the new treatment have killed lung, skin, blood, colon, breast, bone, prostate, ovarian, kidney and cervical cancer cells.

They did specify.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

exactly.

my ENTIRE life, you hear of 'cures' for cancer.

yet, its still here.

it sucks, the inter-nationalists who own the world worship power and profit above all else.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Everyone has cancerous cells. Our body naturally fights and wins the battle usually. It is only those who lose the battle that would need these treatments. The number is around 0.5% of the US population every year.

Basically just repeated what I said. Everyone has cancer. Not all die from it. Agree. The .5 just on face value though, that's almost 20M. So to my second point, and I will make this very simple...

Let's say 20M in the US need a Toyota Corrola right now. Like today. Great. Only problem; Toyota only made a little over 300K for the US in 2019. Oh, and one wrench in this, it's .5 of the entire population, not just the US.

Do you see a problem here at all? It could be done but it will take time, years to upscale this operation. the 300K or so yeah, they will get the car. Everyone else get in line.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is a new type of T-cell that I have not yet read about yet, but it may be similar to the one I read they discovered in the US recently, maybe just a little different or maybe the same cell but it has a different name or is being named because of what properties it can have as related to cancer. The same cell can be activated to do more than one thing, so this cell may be known of but not have been connected to cancer.

We eat lots of food chemistry that can block our immune system on specific types of responses. Stimulating the immune system to fight one thing that is not much of a threat can lead it to ignore something else also. If you boost the immune system too much with diet, it can overreact to things that it shouldn't. If you block symptoms with medicines, it can also mean that your body will not detect something and be susceptable to more damage sometimes.

Doctors treat symptoms, symptoms are shared by many diseases. This is well known. If you take immune system suppressants to stop some symptoms it can lead to it not detecting something much worse. We need to start focusing on identifying food and environmental chemistries that are actually causing the symptoms on a personal basis, not going to a doctor and getting broad forms of meds that block our immune system from over reacting to a symptom. Yes, these meds do work often, but all meds have side effects that should be considered by both the doctor and the patient.

I used to take the meds the doctors gave without even thinking it over, I still will consider what they give but know a lot about how the meds work now and have identified many medicine reactions I have had now and I do pay attention to side effects way more now. I have had different doctors over the years and most of them were good and if you explained to them reactions you have had in the past they did listen. I have also had some pill pushers and overconfident idiots for doctors too. They believed their knowledge of pharmaceuticals Trumped your concerns and would prescribe meds that they should not have prescribed, ignoring the history written by other doctors. I have had three such doctors over my lifetime, one that I kept for many years since I did not need doctors much. I went to the outpatient clinics most times anyway, but because everyone dumped that doctor, she wound up working the clinics more and she would not listen to anyone, if I saw her name as the doctor, I went home. I had more bad side effects from meds she gave than all the side effects I ever had. My conditions and intolerances to meds were listed on my records, intolerances that were told to me by other doctors. But she always seemed to choose a different name of a med in the intolerant class and prescribe it. How can a doctor screw up all the time. I am not the only one, she always has openings, patients can see she is bad, everyone else in her office group has longtime patients, the only way you can get in with them is if a patient dies and because they pay attention less patients die.

Sorry for turning this into a rant.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If this is an actual cure, it will never see the light of day. Big Pharma will not allow anything to hurt their multi billion dollar a year "treatments".
Remember folks, when it comes to cancer, it's NEVER about curing it, it's about how much they can charge before you die.

What makes you think this new breakthrough will be free? Someone needs to prepare it and make it widely available for the general public.

Oh don't worry, anyone who makes under 250k/yr and net worth 3.5 million
won't be offered any type of cure.

And definitely not getting offered if you've ever posted anything negative about any product or service anywhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Don't worry about this, Pharma companies will patent cheaply made medicines to stimulate the activation or increase production of these special T cells, and will charge ten to twenty grand for FDA approved meds to treat the cancer. Then they will design follow up meds to take every day at a cost of a grand a month to make it so you are now vaccinated against cancer. Of course, the government will buy into this and make a vaccine that everyone will be required to take to activate these cells so they can eat away at our bodies good cells and make us all into creatures that look like little greenish gray aliens.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

And definitely not getting offered if you've ever posted anything negative about any product or service anywhere.

Oh, yeah, because large, profitable businesses like to limit their targets to a select market segment. If you ran a business with that mentality you'd be broke in no time.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

What makes you think this new breakthrough will be free? Someone needs to prepare it and make it widely available for the general public.

To say that would suck would be the understatement of the decade.

For now, I'll choose to believe that although there would be some profit-making, if a patient really needed it and would clearly be helped by it, someone would find a way to make sure they get it.

But I've always been a glass half-full kind of guy...

Your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Oh, yeah, because large, profitable businesses like to limit their targets to a select market segment. If you ran a business with that mentality you'd be broke in no time.

I said cure.

Treatments will be for everyone below the bracket I mentioned.

And I do run a buisness. But it's not tech or social media dependant, so I'm fine.

Good old logging and carpentery. Chainsaws, trucks, sawmill...

have guys I work with that don't even know how a smartphone works.

It's a beautiful thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

At this present time, I think cure for cancer can be put on backburner if this conovirus takes hold

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I said cure.

The thread is about a cure.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

At this present time, I think cure for cancer can be put on backburner if this conovirus takes hold

I hear you...The coronavirus does seem a little scary. And it certainly put Wuhan, China on the map.

Added to the fact that TPTB are going out of their way to say it really isn't scary, definitely makes it scary in my opinion.

And here we were all thinking we dodged the SARS bomb a few years ago...

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

I hear you...The coronavirus does seem a little scary. And it certainly put Wuhan, China on the map.

Added to the fact that TPTB are going out of their way to say it really isn't scary, definitely makes it scary in my opinion.

And here we were all thinking we dodged the SARS bomb a few years ago...

The scarey part is that the CDC says that is no problem because those people coming from China are asked if they coughed and have their temperature taken before unboarding the plane. The Chinese are locking down their cities but won't stop Americans from going in or out, they are worried about it spreading within their country, not to America. The CDC should limit Air travel to China somewhat, restricting unnecessary travel and vacations for a while. We only need to fear the idiots we got in charge of our health agencies, I am not afraid of this virus, if I get sick I get sick, I am not afraid of dying. I don't really want to catch it, I am not someone who loves feeling like Sh..

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
sigh... another one for the record....
big pharma will NEVER allow an cure against cancer !!!!!!!!!!!!
an bilions ore by time trillions dollar buizznis cant be destroyd
not only big pharma even also the so called charaty cancer fundations are ruined than

dont fool youreself they dont want to cure the diseace only give you some moore time for an lot of money
big pharma is moore corrupt than oil company's !!!!!!!!!!!!!
youre life there money !
edit on 23-1-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join