It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the U.S. Senate Acquits President Trump He is No Longer Impeached.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

So the question is whether there is a form or process in place that Trump is aware of and that Johnson and Clinton did not follow through on?

No. Since Alan Dershowitz just made it up his defense theory from whole cloth.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Rudy Giuliani will be posting a link to documents today about NOON. (Eastern time?)

Anyway, they should result in a quick acquittal of President Trump....and more.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: carewemust
Donald Trumplethinskin

Didn't your momma teach you to not call people names because it's bad manners? Shame on you.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It is sad that he had to request a foreign entity to find illegally deleted e-mails isn't it. Did you read them as it is your right since she was a government official when they were written (on our payroll.) aAnyone who has taken the time to do so and can still vote for a D is beyond logic. anyone who has not taken the time to read them should not comment on them.

FTR I have been taking notes ever since High School when I refused to vote for Bill (grew up in D household) after having researched his shenanigans in High School.

a reply to: smurfy

edit on 25-1-2020 by CrazyFox because: for clarity

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Donald Trumplethinskin

Didn't your momma teach you to not call people names because it's bad manners? Shame on you.

Leave SookieChaCha's mommy out of this. She's 18 and thinking for herself now.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
All the proof one needs of power grabs and abuse of power can be seen with Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Nadler and Chuck Schumer. Mostly Nancy Pelosi. Listen to her talk and POWER GRAB oozes out of her mouth. Trump may be brash and rub people the wrong way but in no way is it over use or abuse of power. Find your safe rooms libs YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The sad thing about this whole thing is when the GOP regains the congress they will go after the next Democratic president as payback for all this. As has been shown from all this, you can conjure up charges from fake news and then when you try to defend yourself from said fake news that's "obstruction of justice". Anybody will fall victim to that, with this new set of standards. Meanwhile real crimes don't get investigated and go unpunished. That's why people have tuned out.
Why watch irrelevant political theater.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Donald Trumplethinskin

Schifty Schiff, nervous Nancy, crooked Hillary, mini Mike, lyin' Ted Cruz, etc.....

You're just jealous because Trumplethinskin is so much more creative. But alas, it's not mine.
www.urbandictionary.com...

PS Didn't your momma teach you not to hold people to higher standards than you hold the US President?

President Trump, just this morning!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Our case against lyin’, cheatin’, liddle’ Adam “Shifty” Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, Nervous Nancy Pelosi, their leader, dumb as a rock AOC, & the entire Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrat Party, starts today at 10:00 A.M. on @FoxNews, @OANN or Fake News @CNN or Fake News MSDNC!

twitter.com...

edit on 25-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

being impeached is like being indicted, but not convicted. look at this way the house was the grand jury, schiff was the da looking for a indictment from them which he got. now it's court time and the senate is the jury schiff the da and trumps lawyers.

he will always will have been impeached but not convicted. just like hill was, i meant bill, and johnson.

Bill was convicted though, he wasn't removed from office.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BTPowers

Bill was convicted though

No, he wasn't.

Clinton acquitted
edit on 25-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

you beat me to it, you would think people would check their facts before they post. i mean it's common knowledge that he was acquitted.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You have no idea how much I hate doing this . Lol

But I’ve got to agree on your view along with Dershowitz’s.

A acquittal or dismissal in Senate does clear trumps name . ( Dershowitz )

But

A Impeachment is nothing more than a charge. When you’re found not guilty in a court of law you are innocent of that charge . But that charge still stays on your record .

Any cop that runs your name through NCIC or any private firm that does a background check.

Will see that arrest and allegation .

His only relief would be the supreme court .

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

If you are acquitted in a court of law does it mean you were never indicted in the first place?

I asked first

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

If you are acquitted in a court of law does it mean you were never indicted in the first place?

A quick search shows that acquitted indictments can be expunged and removed from the official records.

Sep 20, 2015 · As Davidson County District Attorney Glenn Funk observed, “Consequences for criminal activity should be reserved for those who are guilty.” However, unless those arrested fill out the proper forms and petition the court to expunge their record, it remains. Forever.

USA Today Source

So the question is whether there is a form or process in place that Trump is aware of and that Johnson and Clinton did not follow through on?
or did that form not exist then, maybe? Definitely not a thought I had considered when I asked the question, thank you for that.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
He could be found not guilty/acquitted, but he still would have been impeached. That's just like a person who was indicted then acquitted. That person might have been acquitted, but he was still indicted.

The impeachment/indictment still happened; it's just that the "not guilty" verdict rendered the indictment or impeachment meaningless. By meaningless, I mean it carries no sanctions or censure. It becomes just a word.

Bill Clinton was impeached for perjuring himself. He was found not guilty of perjury (the senate accepted his explanation that he truly didn't feel that oral sex was the same thing as "sexual relations", so he didn't willfully lie about it). Bill Clinton's acquittal made the perjury impeachment charge meaningless, but he was still impeached.

edit on 2020/1/27 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Feb 7, 2020

In addition to finding that the impeachment process was started due to a Schiff-Ciaramella-Vindman LIE, Impeachment can be expunged from the records, if a Republican-led House chooses to do so.

While House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., continues to insist President Trump will remain impeached "forever" despite his acquittal at his Senate trial, Republicans could attempt to erase impeachment from the president's record if they take back control of the House in November, Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, said Friday.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Bill Clinton was impeached for perjuring himself. He was found not guilty of perjury

No he wasn't. He was found not guilty of committing high crimes or misdemeanors. The Senate found that perjury, in this case, didn't rise to a high crime or misdemeanor that was such a clear and present danger it called for removal from office.

The same is true for Trump. The Senate did not convict for, or find Trump guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors. Trump was found not guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors. He is not cleared of the impeachment charges, just like Bill Clinton is not cleared of his impeachment charges.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
All Mrs.Pelosi has accomplished is:

1) Every American child for the next 200 years will read about Trump.

2) Kids will learn about how an impeachment must be bi-partisan.

3) Also, how not to rely on the Senate to do the House’s work.

4) How in 8 short years Trump drained the swamp.

5) How Trump bought Mt. Rushmore and added himself.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join