It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for defamation over Russia remarks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I am sure that she would not go there against Hillary unless she had a high priced constitutional lawyer who vetted the situation. Because just because she files a lawsuit doesn't mean it will go to trial as the sitting Federal judge in the court that received the lawsuit acts as the gatekeeper and he can toss it out upon first submission.

Plus just because Tulsi is as Tulsi does doesn't mean she will just find any lawyer to drop a lawsuit on the Clinton's. That could and would bu lawyer-cide for that lawyer as he has to uphold his credibility in front of the judges.

Filing lawsuits isn't that simple. Many times a lawyer wont touch whatever you have even if it is credible. It depends who you are suing.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

There are other reason one might have, especially a politician or public person, to file a lawsuit they don't think they can win.

Ask Devin Nunes, who's suing a "cartoon cow" on Twitter.

Devin Nunes sued a fake cow. And kept suing and suing and suing … www.latimes.com...

edit on 25-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I don't agree with Gabbard's views on Russia and Putin. But I am happy to support her lawsuit against Hillary Clinton. There is no excuse for falsely accusing someone of acting as an agent for a foreign power. Nor does Clinton's delusional and paranoid outlook equate to exercising her right to free speech. Since her long-planned grab for power/2016 presidential campaign, slander and then everyone else is to blame mentality has taken the place of taking personal responsibility for her election loss.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

There is no excuse for falsely accusing someone of acting as an agent for a foreign power.

Here is an example of another person who doesn't understand the difference between and agent and an asset.

i.e. "Useful idiots"

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Sure intel communities manage (real) assets (people) in foreign countries. But there is no evidence to support the idea the Russian intel community is operating Gabbard as one of their assets. Besides, if one wishes to go such a road, one can against their country's interests without conducting espionage or getting paid by Russia to promote their interests (as an agent?). Strictly speaking, you may have a point. Of course, since the allegations against Gabbard are false, why delve any further into the nature of Hillary's comment?

There is no evidence to support the notion Gabbard is on Russia's payroll conducting acts of espionage or just promoting Russia's overseas interests. Everything else is secondary to this point.

Now I would love to discuss your point further, but the "Cold War spy game" is a topic for another day.

edit on 26-1-2020 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

There is no excuse for falsely accusing someone of acting as an agent for a foreign power.

Here is an example of another person who doesn't understand the difference between and agent and an asset.

i.e. "Useful idiots"

Not sure you do either. An agent and an asset can be one in the same. As a general rule agents are recruited assets tend to be coerced with something. But over all its just Symantec's.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Aren't we all "assets" to someone, somewhere or some thing? I mean so who owns you? I am owned. I am someones asset and no its not Iran, Russia, China or a bad guy.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Nobody said that Tulsi was on Putin's payroll.

An asset is anything or anyone that is beneficial to any given issue, person or cause, wittingly or unwittingly.

When Tulsi criticizes US policy and praised Putins for his, she is acting, either wittingly or unwittingly, as an asset for his cause. When Donald Trump stood before the world in Helsinki and said he trusted Putin's word over his own intelligence community, that made him a Putin asset, wittingly or unwittingly.

edit on 26-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join