It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for defamation over Russia remarks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Ahabstar
Don't trivialize Hillary Clinton's firsts by grouping her with women "who also ran".
None of those woman won their party's nomination for President of United States.

Hillary won the DNC nomination and the popular vote. That's 2 firsts for one woman, and for women in US history.

She bought the nomination, she didn't "win" it. When she lost the election it bankrupted the DNC temporarily. That is a first for a woman in America too.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

a reply to: Ahabstar
Don't trivialize Hillary Clinton's firsts by grouping her with women "who also ran".
None of those woman won their party's nomination for President of United States.

Hillary won the DNC nomination and the popular vote. That's 2 firsts for one woman, and for women in US history.

She bought the nomination, she didn't "win" it. When she lost the election it bankrupted the DNC temporarily. That is a first for a woman in America too.

She paid almost 17 million primary voters to put her nearly 4 million votes over Bernie? Wow, maybe I should switch party registrations because that sounds like a hell of a deal to vote in.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I didn't say she paid cash for the nomination. Just going by appearances at the time, but it looked like a lot of favors promised in return for favors provided to her. Was speaking of the nomination, not actual votes from voters.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She was also part of two impeachments. But three presidents that have offended her have been impeached.

Amazing history.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

She is still the first woman to win her party's presidential nomination and the popular vote. That's something, as far a Democratic women are concerned.

Personally I feel her getting the first candidacy is more of a stain than something to celebrate. A far better woman could have done it, won, and been celebrated.

So? Are you against gender equality? Only men can play dirty?

I'm against gender equity, male or female... And I won't support someone just because of their gender.

As for only men playing dirty... I don't want either to play dirty. If you can't win by selling your platform, you don't deserve the job. She didn't deserve the job.

Really? Is that why Trump supporters have been so mercilessly ridiculing Hillary supports for the past 3 years?

Probably because she called them deplorable because they wouldn't support her.

Bad move when you're trying to win independents... "you're either with me, or you're a piece of sh**", just a bad play really.

BTW, She would have been better than Trump is.

Impossible to know, but I sincerely doubt that. She is like an Obama or Bush, and we all know where that got us.

We need different candidates on both sides. America is fed up with the status quo. They've only voted for who promises change post Bush. If it wasn't for the media giving her far more coverage than Bernie even though he was leading polls... He would have swept her. I don't know if he would have been good, I highly doubt it... But the left went against their own peoples wishes.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

The DNC official, Donna Brazile, now a political analyst, wrote in Politico Magazine on Thursday that she discovered an August 2015 agreement between the national committee and Clinton's campaign and fundraising arm that gave Clinton "control (of) the party's finances, strategy, and all the money raised" in exchange for taking care of the massive debt leftover from President Barack Obama's 2012 campaign.

www.vanityfair.com... y-clinton-bernie-sanders

Days earlier, on the eve of the Democratic primary in New York, the Vermont senator had accused the Clinton campaign of improperly subsidizing the former secretary of state’s presidential bid through the Hillary Victory Fund, the joint fuy vehicle her campaign set up with the Democratic National Committee and 32 state party committees.

"If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead," Brazile wrote. "This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party's integrity."

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Hillary did not win her party's nomination.

She garnered 3,700,000 more votes, from registered Democrats, than Bernie won. I know it's fun to say she stole the nomination or brokered the convention, but she flat out won the numbers game against him and won the off-numbers game
with the Super Delegates and by all measures the party has ever used won the nomination.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I didn't say she paid cash for the nomination. Just going by appearances at the time, but it looked like a lot of favors promised in return for favors provided to her. Was speaking of the nomination, not actual votes from voters.

The issue is, as I said earlier, by ALL previously and currently employed metrics used by the Democratic party to select their candidate, she won. She won the popular vote which used to soley determine the candidate, she won the superdelegate (bought) vote which is presently used to determine the candidate, and she won the "most likely candidate to win with the nomination" test that determined the candidate back in the days before actual primaries were used. You can argue that she "bought" the position by promising favors, but seriously... when your party's platform largely consists of "if I am elected you, the people who voted for me will get free healthcare/college/welfare/GUI/etc" then ANYONE "winning" the nomination has essentially bought it with promises of favors.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
She's a witch.

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

She was also part of two impeachments. But three presidents that have offended her have been impeached.

Amazing history.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Yeah, and the guy who came out of the GOP primaries had the ENTIRE party's money and muscle doing everything they could to stop him, but he still kicked ass and won the party's popular vote to secure the nomination. Bernie loves excuses, but the bottom line is voters who actually earned their money and paid their taxes fled from his economic model in droves even within the Democrat party.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Part of that reason is that Gabbard is not the darling of the Hawaiian Democratic machine.

It's not just Clinton, it's damned near the entire Dem National machine. Which tells me she's doing something right...she's got all the right enemies.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'll ask you the same question I asked you several times before... which you side stepped rather adroitly. Maybe this time...

Who started this? Who fired the first shot. Here's a hint...it weren't Gabbard.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, sirree-bob. That's exactly what they do. The high muckity-mucks have any number of "useful idiots" to do their work for 'em.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

...and that is where you're so very wrong.

Stupidity like is, has, and will continue to cost the Dems. More moderate voices like myself have left the party after many years of support.

Unlike yourself, by all appearances, my support was never blind. Yours, however??

Gabbard is a fresh new voice for the moderate, or at least, more moderate Dems. Which makes her a definitive threat to the status-quo. Only willing blindness doesn't see it.
edit on 1/22/2020 by seagull because: your, you're...sigh.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'll ask you the same question I asked you several times before... which you side stepped rather adroitly. Maybe this time...

I have no recollection of ever having this conversation with you.

Who started this? Who fired the first shot. Here's a hint...it weren't Gabbard.

I think it was Gabbard.

Gabbard is a US Representative that is running for President of the United State. Hillary Clinton didn't mention Tulsi Gabbard's name in her comment. Tulsi jumped onto the fray and assumed the role. "It is I whom she's speaking of! How dare she!"

She could have been a thick skinned politician and ignored it, or taken it with a grain of salt. But, she didn't. She was gearing for fight with Hillary, and all her pent up frustration, from not being able to run against Hillary, exploded all over Twitter.

If she thinks she can stand up to Donald Trump, that little soldier better toughen up!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com... 1/democrat-primary-elections-need-reform

This repeated itself in other states. In Indiana, Sanders won the vote 44 to 39, but, after the super delegates had their say, Clinton was granted 46 delegates, versus Sanders’ 44. In New Hampshire, where Sanders won the vote by a gaping margin (60% to 38%) and set a record for the largest number of votes ever, the screen read “16 Sanders, 16 Clinton”.

This is another way she stole the primary, new rules were written just for Hillary.
Hillary also had the media and, as we have learned, the intel community among others helping, lying for her.
She had it all before Trump came along, I am grateful he did.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Yeah, and the guy who came out of the GOP primaries had the ENTIRE party's money and muscle doing everything they could to stop him, but he still kicked ass and won the party's popular vote to secure the nomination. Bernie loves excuses, but the bottom line is voters who actually earned their money and paid their taxes fled from his economic model in droves even within the Democrat party.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Gabbard is a fresh new voice for the moderate, or at least, more moderate Dems. Which makes her a definitive threat to the status-quo. Only willing blindness doesn't see it.

She's very unpopular in her own state. She was going to lose her own primary, so she dropped out, and announced she won't be seeking reelection.

I doubt we'll be seeing her much around the Democratic Party. But, she might score a job a Fox News.

edit on 22-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Tulsi seems like such a decent person, I hate that she will probably wind up dying at such a young age.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Most liberal Democrats, who voted for and still support Hillary Clinton as an icon and a hero, don't read your posts, here on ATS. They read, post and make threads of appreciation to her on liberal web sites and Reddit.

edit on 22-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Gabbard dared question Maize Hirono, and Hirono is a huge fan of vengeance. Funny thing that, Gabbard did not directly name Hirono in her critique of politicians using weaponized religion in their quest to avoid seating a judge that wouldn't kiss their party's ass 24/7, and Hirono was the first to her feet to exclaim victimhood of Gabbard's criticism.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

She's very unpopular in her own state.

Sounds like Hillary. She got slobberknocked in Arkansas in 2016.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join