It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One year anniversary Covington Never forget! Media and left defend adult racists attacking children

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well one year ago Monday, the Covington story broke on the national media.

I even did a thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope to spend every anniversary of this incident reminding everyone that those people in the establishment, the moral superiors that judge everyone as racist, the engage in cultural marxism and identity politics; they cheered on racist adults shouting racist and homophobic slurs at kids because the skin colors of the parties were a certain wy, and the kids had red hats on.

Go back and look at the thread I posted.

It wasnt just the media smearing these kids. Some of our very own ats members were more than happy to smear these kids, many outright saying there was proof these kids were bigots. Many posters said just having a maga hat means you are supporting racism and therefore the treatment of these kids was somehow justified.

Many told us they saw video of kids chanting build that wall; a year removed and no one can post any proof that that happened. Despite there being no video, these people INSISTED they heard it.

Why does all of this matter.

Cultural marxism and identity politics are toxic. It makes people claim to have seen and heard things that dont exist. It makes people cheer for racism and homophobia as long as the offending parties are the right skin color/gender, etc. It makes people cheer for the threatening and doxxing of a kid because he smiled when a racist defending adult gets in his face banging a drum, and then that adult lies to the world and says the kid and his frirends surrounded him and wouldnt let him escape.

If these people get more power, it will get much, much worse. It is the ideology OF RACISM, not against it. It allows the most horrifc abuses to be committed based on skin color.

Never forget, the same media and dems shouting about impeachment and all of their other nonsense were the people taht endorsed the attacks on these kids.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well said Grambler hit the nail on the head as usual. I recall the day the new broke on Sandman and the media had a hay day because it fit the narrative perfectly in their eyes. White Christian racist Trump supporting teens harass old defenceless native elder for no apparent reason.

When in reality it was racist lying old man tries to intimidate teen because he is white and goes on to slander everyone involved.

a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

But nobody better DARE criticize the "other kid" Greta the Brave.

Does she know how bad her blue hair dye is for the environment?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Well, recently we found that it was the father telling her what to say. I remember the thread.

So people hate her because he made his own daughter a puppet.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That's a big HO-HUM there, good buddy. You might as well toss a rose petal off the Grand Canyon and wait expectantly for the echo...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wrote this about it last year and shared on my social media!

“In the pursuit of destroying toxic ideologies, oppressive injustices, damaging stereotypes, unhealthy belief structures, unnecessary biases, and hurtful attitudes, we need to be sure we’re not purposefully or inadvertently destroying human beings.” ✌🏼

Sometimes I cringe at my past expressions,but this I think I still stand by.

Hopefully many lessons have been learned from this disaster!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
That's a big HO-HUM there, good buddy. You might as well toss a rose petal off the Grand Canyon and wait expectantly for the echo...

No doubt you are correct.

Even on ats, many of the people who cheered for these kids to be attacked or smeared even after the full video came out continue to act morally superior and have never bactracked from their position.

We are entering a dangerous new world where racsim and even violence toward children is totally acceptable, and fight back against that is itself considered racist.

"War is peace"

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
this is the kid that got a $250 mil settlement from cnn, right?

and still has ongoing suits with other media entities?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
this is the kid that got a $250 mil settlement from cnn, right?

and still has ongoing suits with other media entities?

Im not sure what the final amount on the settlement was.

But yep, thats the kid.

Now look back at that thread i posted and see how many people said that kid must have been guilty of something because the media was all reporting it.

Wonder why the media would settle for millions of dollars if their reporting was accurate?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That fool who got in the face of an innocent child that day is a stone-broke welfare-dependant and the child is now a multi millionaire.

I hope that kid never takes that smug grin off his face.

MAGA is a slogan promoting togetherness and prosperity for all. To claim otherwise is simply to parrot a media-fed lie.

Nathan Phillips (the loser who was in the kid’s face) definitely knows that Nick Sandmann has just received millions of dollars from cNn because of their lies, and is set to receive a lot more too from other people and entities.
And he doesn’t have a dollar to his name.

That’s funny as hell

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

To be fair, the right and alt-right heavily criticized her. It's not like 90% of the country is leftist. Lots supported the MAGA kid, and many didn't.

Biases are growing on both sides. While i think leftists win the award, the right isn't so innocent.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

No, MAGA is a political slogan. Wearing that hat is like wearing any other blatant political support clothes with the exception of liberals taking it too another level.

Wearing that hat is just an attempt to trigger people around you. Like an athiest wearing "god isn't real" shirt. You're going to attract attention and possibly a conversation. Which i don't think is a bad thing as long as people are respectful.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

No, MAGA is a political slogan. Wearing that hat is like wearing any other blatant political support clothes with the exception of liberals taking it too another level.

Wearing that hat is just an attempt to trigger people around you. Like an athiest wearing "god isn't real" shirt. You're going to attract attention and possibly a conversation. Which i don't think is a bad thing as long as people are respectful.

That’s not entirely true

People wear the hat in SUPPORT of its message. NOT to ‘trigger’ other people. That’s just nonsense.

MAGA is a message of prosperity for all Americans. ALL of them.
edit on 22 1 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Is my shirt with the USA flag just triggering people?

Is my Pittsburgh Pirates hat just triggering people?

Or is it only a hat with a political party or slogan that is?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

that kid had such a punchable face, but don't you dare speak ill of Gretta.

(just to illustrate the double standard)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Im sure many do wear it in support of potus and the message. I meant to say that it is a political slogan. Political or religious shirts are bound to trigger some people. Even if that wasn't the intent.

MAGA is like Obama's slogan. They both mean well, but both originate from a political campaign.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Politics trigger people in today's climate. It's not the pro-usa thing, but rather because maga comes from Republican president Donald Trump.

I personally don't get triggered by it, but it's obvious many do because a MAGA hat shines attention to politics. A Go USA shirt does not.

And im fine with people representing politics in public, but they are going to attract eyes and attention in today's divisive left vs right political madness.
edit on 22-1-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Many people think wearing the us flag is a provocation

The discussion seems misplaced to me

Racists yelled at kids

Any discussion of whether or not their clothing triggered those racist is near the bottom of concerns I have

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Really? That smirking $hit-grinning face again?

Wasn't he scolded enough last time? For being a smug, stupid, annoying as hell brat?

And I didn't even care about political views on this one, anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The black racists there were the ones claiming that they heard the kids chanting something, then you had Nathan Phillips the indian who said they were mean...

That's all the media needed. One side, of their choosing, and the other story matters not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join