It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 links with IBCS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
A December test at White Sands demonstrated the F-35's ability to downlink targeting information ro ground defenses through a ground station and IBCS adapter. The F-35 detected, tracked, and targeted multiple air breathing targets, and the Army IBCS engaged the targets using that information. The integration will allow targeting of low flying targets, such as cruise missiles that are masked by terrain.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wonder if this can be expanded to be used with other types of indirect fire like Excalibur or the Abrams MBT.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The F-35 is so much more than a fighter bomber. It deserves its own unique classification and its capabilities are continuously advancing. Now that the F-35A’s flyaway cost is $78 million, other nations must decide whether they want to procure it or conventional aircraft that often cost more. For example, the Typhoon has a flyaway cost of $100 million. In 2013, the flyaway cost for the Rafale C (the single-seat, land-based variant), was a little more than $76 million, so I assume it now costs at least as much as the F-35A. I’m not sure what the Gripen NG’s cost will be. Also, I haven’t looked into the respective life cycle costs of the F-35A, Typhoon, Gripen NG or Rafale.

new topics

join