It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi crown prince 'hacked Jeff Bezos's phone with WhatsApp message'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

As i understand it, once the video was clicked on it ennacted the spyware. Now i am not saying that Kushner is definitely involved but i am saying it is certainly possible (as another victim). For example:

inane message, inane message, inane message, oh look - a dancing camel video - and then, low and behold, spyware is activated.

I wouldn't limit it to Kushner though. I would say every person in the higher echelons that has had private messages via Whatsapp from Bin Salman will be panicking today.

ETA:

Embarrassing personal information of Trumps son in law could be very useful to have.
edit on 22-1-2020 by Flavian because: clarity

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is just more evidence to me that we have slipped into a weird parallel universe.
We now have brutal dictators dividing their time between murdering dissedents/infidels,funding jihadis and sharing "funny"videos on whatsapp with strange billionaires and high up members of the US governments inner circle.

Can someone unplug me from this surreal nightmare matrix we called modern "reality" please?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Are you kidding me? WhatsApp was/is probably infiltrated by one or more intelligence agencies and had/has no intentions to close that hole without opening a new one.

There are talks that the backdoor holes were built in. Though I got that from reddit... So take it with a deer lick of salt. There are a lot of coders in the communities there though, and the premise isn't out of reach.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The head of the NSA under Obama was defending said practice of backdoors....into everything.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
The head of the NSA under Obama was defending said practice of backdoors....into everything.

www.theguardian.com...

One of the rare times I'd defend Apple is when they told the feds to kick rocks on having special access to iPhones after San Bernardino.

We can all want to fight terrorism, and we could all revel in the fantasy that we could give the authorities an upper hand. But many know the reality is criminals are often on par or one up on LEO. Make a backdoor for government, and it's there for others as well.

You fight for privacy against feds so that it protects you from even more nefarious critters.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Whatsapp is owned by Facebook?
So you’re basically discussing just a single branch of NSA/CIA/FBI data mining software.

Google is in on it too...
Macbooks have built-in firmware level backdoors for alphabets to use. This a fact..
So your windows computers are probably worse..

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Check this out...a recently released FBI report on how SA extradites its peeps from the US when accused of crimes.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
To be honest even 2FA can be brute force at some point think about it a modern gpu can try to brute force password with over 50 millions try a seconds (and im talking 256bit long ! ) sadly there is thousand of gpu farms

edit on 22-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join