It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden for Bolton? Schiff for Mulvaney? The battle of the witnesses gets good

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You a pattin yourself on the back again , Charles ?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
All I hear is that the House didn't do their job to establish impeachment so they want the Senate to do their job for them. Remember that the House did not let a single Republican pick a witness to testify. Let me repeat that... ZERO

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This whole action is so odd.

DEMs: we want the House and president to be able to call any relevant witnesses.

GOPs: No witnesses unless you want to trade one for one.

Something seems off with the Senate GOP.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

edit on 22-1-2020 by Pyle because: Double post.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Who's Biden their time, waiting for a witness to come Bolton on the scene and Schiff the entire impeachment narrative?

Cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   

You say the white house knows theres nothing to hide?

Why hide so much then? Executive privelage only goes so far.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Or even Putin himself on the back.

In soviet russia...back pats you

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

DEMs: we want the House and president to be able to call any relevant witnesses.

They haven't done so , so far .
Words have no meaning without action.

edit on 1/22/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Arent there 3 branches co equal?

Please feel free to educate my ignorance. Or deny it

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wow. Imagine having no option to change the channel or watch what you want.

I would go postal if i had to watch fox. Those poor people forced to watch. The humanity.

/sarc/ channel dictatorship
edit on 22-1-2020 by sunkuong because: Sarcasm

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

I love beer too!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: DanDanDat

Arent there 3 branches co equal?

Please feel free to educate my ignorance. Or deny it

Yes three; Congress, Executive and Judicial.

The House, being 1/2 of Congress (the lower half), is not a co equal branch as dfnj2015 was lamenting over. The House requires the Senate (the upper half of Congress) to be considered co equal. As I said this is where house Democrats made their mistake and over stepped their authority. Knowing full well that they did not have enough support in their co equal branch of government for impeachment and removal forced the issue anyway for political gain. As a result they are damaging the country for many politically cycles to come.
edit on 22-1-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Yea its called politics; its the same thing that was off with the House Democrats when they refused to let the GOP participate as they wished during the impeachment inquiry.

Politics; why call witnesses when they could never help your cause no matter what they say...

Bolton gets up there and says "The President is completel innocent, I never saw him do anything wrong" and he quickly became just another man who covers up for the President in the eyes of all the people who "feel" the president is guilty.

Bolton gets up there and says "The President is guilty as sin; not only did he try to extort the Ukrainian government but he also stole my Twitter account" and than the president is guilty.

Either way there is no upside for the President or Senate Republicans. Its a no win situation and like any good politician they are choosing damage control over prolonged pain.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

You say the white house knows theres nothing to hide?

Why hide so much then? Executive privelage only goes so far.

The answer to your question is also politics.

Executive Privelage does only go so far; you are correct.

The problem is you, I or Nancy don't get to decide how far that is. There are only 9 people in this world who get to decide how far Executive Privelage goes ... they haven't been asked ... probably because the Democrats are also playing politics and are afraid the answer might not be kn their favor.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: XCrycek

You do understand that few people on ATS take you seriously

That's the biggest compliment one can get here after ATS has become a right wing shrine for Trump worshiping.

On a website filled with intelligent people who strive to deny ignorance and think rationally, you feel complimented by the fact that you don't fit in.

I would ask you to think about the implications of that for a moment but I don't think you are capable of it.

Yeah. That Q thread and hundreds of other "bombshell" threads are the benchmarks of that intelligence on ATS.

Especially that thread about Connor McGregor endorsing Trump. Yuuuge intelligence
edit on 22-1-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

That's the biggest compliment one can get here after ATS has become a right wing shrine for Trump worshiping.

On a website filled with intelligent people who strive to deny ignorance and think rationally, you feel complimented by the fact that you don't fit in.

I would ask you to think about the implications of that for a moment but I don't think you are capable of it.

Yeah. That Q thread and hundreds of other "bombshell" threads are the benchmarks of that intelligence on ATS.

Especially that thread about Connor McGregor endorsing Trump. Yuuuge intelligence

I've never met Connor McGregor; why do you feel he's not intelligent.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Your leftist mindset enables you to justify your judgemental compartmentalized way of thinking.

You're putting people into a box that your mind created because one person wrote a thread that you didn't like.

You have the audacity to insult pretty much most of the ATS community with your accusation that we are sub par intelligence yet you yourself are evidently void of critical thinking.

Very sad.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Executive Order 11110.
Your lack of knowledge on the topic is... suspicious.

That's the tired old one I was referring to and shows your knowledge of the topic is lame and unfactual. That Order allowed the Treasury to stop printing Silver Certificates and to print more Federal Reserve Notes. Maybe you can explain how that curtailed the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

No
That's a flat out lie.

Nadler specifically said he would rather accept no witnesses rather than have Hunter or Joe Biden testify.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

No
That's a flat out lie.

Nadler specifically said he would rather accept no witnesses rather than have Hunter or Joe Biden testify.

Cool, but Nadler isnt one of the Senate Democrats who were pushing for the amendment to allow both sides to call witnesses.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join