It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden for Bolton? Schiff for Mulvaney? The battle of the witnesses gets good

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Link

Currently they are still debating the amendments/rules to be used for the trial including witnesses. We all knew this was coming but this is a road they do not want to go down.

everal Senate Democrats are privately discussing the possibility of calling Republicans’ bluff on witnesses, weighing an unusual trade in President Trump’s impeachment trial: the testimony of Hunter Biden for the testimony of a key administration official.

Publicly, most Democrats have scoffed at the growing GOP clamor to hear former vice president Joe Biden’s son testify, dismissing him as irrelevant to the charges against Trump and accusing Republicans of trying to distract from the allegations against the president.

But behind closed doors, a small group of Democratic senators and aides have begun to question that logic, sounding out their colleagues on whether they should back a witness deal that could lead to testimony from former national security adviser John Bolton or other administration officials with possible firsthand knowledge of the Ukraine controversy, according to multiple Democratic officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private discussions.

A tit for tat for witnesses. The White House knows there is nothing to hide and they are making the House seem more desperate than when they voted on impeachment. The best is now ALL of the House members are stating witnesses are needed but there were none for the impeachment proceedings themselves. It seems they are just continuing to shoot themselves in the foot.

I'll take Biden for Bolton...any day.

This is getting very interesting.
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002020-01-21T20:08:34-06:000834 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time listening to the Dem side and all of their lies and distortions. It makes me sick to hear Americans doing that to other Americans.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I'd rather have Schiff for Bolton.

Hunter was a useful idiot, I doubt he'd be of much value on the stand.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I'm having a hard time listening to the Dem side and all of their lies and distortions. It makes me sick to hear Americans doing that to other Americans.

I'm sick of the Dems too but the Repubs are proving they are no better. They play the same bs game. I'm sick of both sides.

All these people (right or left) actually believe they are "saving America" but I recognize they are both destroying it in the process.

I need to put this # in bold because I feel most are missing it:

Dems and Repubs are the same monster, two sides of the same coin of oppression.

If you truly believe one side is more dangerous to our Republic than the other, that actually means you're becoming part of the problem without even realizing it.

All news sources are suspect, it's all bs designed to brainwash. Stop believing in anything the tv says, question everything!

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Sadly, the democrats dont identify as Americans anymore.

They re as anti-American as you could possibly get without being detained.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

We will soon have to endure three days of Democrats arguing why President Trump must be removed from office. It sounds like they were doing that today but this was just a warm-up.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I honestly think that you are completely missing the point that right now in American politics there actually are two opposing sides.

Which we have not really had a lot of in the last century.

The "two sides of the same coin" mantra has normally been true in American politics.

Obama, the Bush family, the Clintons... all Progressives.

The ones that have not been?

Eisenhower... should look up his warning speech on the MIC.

Kennedy... we know how he paid for that.

Reagan... assassination attempt, then he backed off of getting back on a gold standard.

Trump... and here we are.

So you are quite wrong in that it is politics as usual.

We right now, for better or worse, have a President that actually wants to help all Americans.

You are currently part of the problem.

To the topic....

Schiff as a witless would be perfect for me.

Then Biden.

Then Obama to ask him why he was OK with what Biden did.

edit on 21-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You are making the assumption that Democrats identify as Americans.

No....

They want a different America altogether.

Which they were well on the way to having if it wasn't for those Deplorable voters.

Which is why they hate us.

edit on 21-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The funny thing is I do not think that some of the House that are so stout against Trump can even see that they are delusional. They want to win so bad that they believe heresay and opinions by people who are strongly allied to the left is actually proper evidence. I have an opinion on many things, I am decently inteligent, but I would never expect my opinion to actually be relevant at an impeachment hearing for the president of the USA.

I am more worried that the minds of some of those Democrats are messed up, that they should not have the job they have. I understand that beliefs can steer our interpretation of what we see, hear, and read. But hearing and reading things the top house democrats are saying makes me think they are looney as can be. Now what could do that to people in a group like that? Are they taking similar meds? Are they eating the same kinds of foods or drinking the same brand of wine. Wine made with wrong kind of microbes could do that. Do these people have some sort of dementia triggered by something in their environment? Is someone burning insense or essential oils that could be jeopardizing their insanity. What do the ten people have in common. Something that could jeopardize their ability to reason and cause them to be susceptible to TDS?

Maybe one of the major players is alpha and is linked subconsciously to a bunch of people there, their craziness is felt by the rest. I believe there is a linking of minds, a communication where people think the same as one and it only takes one crazy to make the whole group crazy if that person is an alpha.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Next we hear
"Got any 3s"
"Go fish"

Damn , I am glad I am an old man and have seen this country at it's greatness .

I say we ship about 535 of em to NK , and start again...

edit on 1/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It’s the first day and I already don’t care. This is going to go on for months. SMH.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I am not going to bash all the Those in the house for being stupid. One can see that they jumped in and the elites advised them that they are simple sheeple. Do and vote as we tell you to and enjoy a most rewarding career like us or else, we will ensure you regret stepping out of line and your term will be short.

I am sure it happens everywhere in government here and abroad. I just keep hoping those who have not been tainted by greed or blackmail stand up as a group and say no more! I know I am a dreamer....but perhaps voters will be the voice come 2020, since their elected reps seem to only hear another's agenda.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I would ambush the Democrats. Go get the head of the the UK corruption agency that hunted down Burisma for years for money laundering and other crimes. I would love to hear their take on Burisma. They have a treasure trove of facts on how Burisma went about getting board members and the depths of their corruption.

Don't even need Joe or Hunter. He'll string up both of them. Who goes work for a company that is well known for corruption and who fires someone looking into them. That would be people just as corrupt.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I was happy with everything Chuck Schumer said in his opening statement. I don't disagree with any of his opinions on the impeachment. I think he did a great job:

This is not a Senate trial. This is a Senate covering up Trump's crimes. The Republicans don't want any documentary evidence or new witnesses to testify because they know it will be incriminating. The Senate Republicans are part of the obstruction of justice.

edit on 21-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Chuck did a good job of drawing firm conclusions before hearing all the facts 😎🎯

And he told a few lies too while he was at it 😎🎯

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The House managers passed these Impeachment articles stating that they had a shut and close case to impeach Trump. Pray tell why would the House even need anymore witnesses...let alone risk the defense to call forth their own actual witnesses?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: rickymouse

I am not going to bash all the Those in the house for being stupid. One can see that they jumped in and the elites advised them that they are simple sheeple. Do and vote as we tell you to and enjoy a most rewarding career like us or else, we will ensure you regret stepping out of line and your term will be short.

I am sure it happens everywhere in government here and abroad. I just keep hoping those who have not been tainted by greed or blackmail stand up as a group and say no more! I know I am a dreamer....but perhaps voters will be the voice come 2020, since their elected reps seem to only hear another's agenda.

I am sure that the majority of the Democrats in the house are just going along with the top bunch of unstable people because they feel they have to. Trump is no angel, he is boastful, rude sometimes, and very bossy at times. But I wonder how the Democrats keep picking conspiracies that are totally wrong all the time. Maybe Trump is not actually doing wrong things they can use to impeach him instead of all the hearsay and opinions of what he may have possibly done.

Evidently they can't charge him with things politicians do on a regular basis because it will definitely turn on them.

I don't know why, just that some of those running this investigation are twisting things all out of proportion and turning things around to make it look like Trump is a bad orange man that needs impeachment. They will never accomplish that, peaches are not orange.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I was happy with everything Chuck Schumer said in his opening statement. I don't disagree with any of his opinions on the impeachment. I think he did a great job:

We know you do buttercup.

No run along and play while the adults talk.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

the assumption that Democrats identify as Americans.

At least you're not subtle about it.

That's part of the problem, and the division.

And precisely why you're not taken seriously.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Lumenari

the assumption that Democrats identify as Americans.

At least you're not subtle about it.

That's part of the problem, and the division.

And precisely why you're not taken seriously.

Quoted for a rather epic level of irony.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join