It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whispers in the Headphones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yesterday night (8/03/05 – UK format) everyone in my house was sleeping and I was watching television so to be nice I plugged in my headphones to the television so I could listen without disturbing the rest of my family.
I was checking the teletext and the football was in the background so I turned the volume down to 0 but still had the headphones in my ears.
I then took teletext off and went to flick to BBC2 but I instead flicked to EXT2 by mistake which is not a television channel but a channel for satellite television, but being as my television is not connected to the sky satellite the channel is blank.
I was about to flick back towards the normal channels when I heard a whispering sound, I removed my headphones but the whispering sounds had gone, I then replaced my headphones to discover the whispering sound, I tried this a couple of times and found the sound was coming from my headphones.
The sounds weren’t static but sounded like whispers to me, I’m a very skeptical person but it kind of freaked me out a little as I could hear the whispering enough to tell it was whispering but not enough to tell what the whispering was.
Could it have just been my mind playing tricks on me, is it just a different type of static or was it something more paranormal.

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
UK,
It sounds like EVP Electronic Phenomena as featured in a recent movie called "WHite Noise" Check out this nlink for the movie. Note, there is also instructions on how to best records such.
whitenoisemovie

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
UK,
It sounds like EVP Electronic Phenomena as featured in a recent movie called "WHite Noise" Check out this nlink for the movie. Note, there is also instructions on how to best records such.
whitenoisemovie

thanks

I've see trailers for the film before but never really knew what it was about, i've have to do some reading.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I guess that means just like in The Ring, you're going to die soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen

Well that was comforting

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
More likely you just had some RF interference. (Radio frequency)

My surround speakers do the same thing, and only at certain times during the day. If I have the TV off but my receiver is on, it sounds like there are whispers all over my living room, but it's just the speakers picking up some light interference.. (a radio station in my case, although it can be anything, cell phones, cordless phones, CB radios, walkie talkies, etc)

If you've ever put together a surround sound home theater, you've probably had to choose between buying cheapo $5 wires, or $50 audiophile wires. The $50 wires offer better shielding from interference, while the cheapo ones don't. It also depends a lot on where you live, and who your neighbors are. The mere use of an OLD radio or a Ham radio can cause interference all over the block. In my instance, at my old address, cheapo wires worked fine. I moved to my new place, and even with the best wires, I still hear voices and what not coming from my speakers.

Anyway I'd be willing to bet it wasn't ghosts or anything paranormal, in fact what you are describing is a fairly common problem.. (if you wrap the wire going to the headphones around a magnet (all in the same direction) it should go away) BTW that movie was just dumb, imo.

Now if everything was OFF and you were hearing voices, THAT would be a little strange.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by njspeed]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen

Thats hardly a nice thing to say your scaly majesty. You might freak the poor guy out.

White noise is often used in hypnosis and/or meditation I think. This could have some unusual uses?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
thanks njspeed, I think you've explained whats going on, although the house is new I have heard buzzing (not the whispers) before both down stairs and up stairs when i listen closely to the speakers.
I'm guessing the whispers are related to the type of headphones, where i am in the house and various other factors that effect the sound.

thanks

[edit on 9-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

new topics

top topics

join