It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Impeachment Thread

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: toolgal462

No, the defense is doing exactly right concerning Bolton. If they can prove the prosecution's case shows the exact opposite of what is being claimed (as they are doing very well), Bolton is irrelevant.

Bolton is a shiny coin tossed in the street to divert attention. Nothing more.

TheRedneck

I know that but the typical lefty wont care. Hell, even Romney is now changing his tune and would like to have Bolton testify.

Romney was always looking for an excuse to screw Trump.

He wants to badly, he just wants enough cover where he can still win reelection.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

As far as I know, Bolton has yet to personally confirm what the NY Times reported. But...

The “House Bolton Maneuver” was a pre-planned operation to use a timed NSC ‘resistance’ leak to frame a new demand for testimony in the Senate. From the beginning the House intentionally constructed an impeachment process to avoid the judicial branch because the construction of the articles was dependent on an unconstitutional creation: impeachment by decree of the Speaker.
More at: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Joe and Hunter Biden must be really stupid.

Is that even in question?

I knew they were greedy, but joining a company that is being investigated by governments for being so corrupt, is downright stupid.

Her timeline 100% puts to death the conspiracy theory argument they have been pushing.

Bet this isnt talked about once on NBC or CNN tonight. Will show them for what they really are!

Now Herschmann is asking who debunked the Bidens are corrupt theory.....?

Lolz🤪

This is the tip of the iceberg.

I am pissed they didn't go over any of the stuff Rudy has found out. Like the testimony of the fired prosecutor and the fact someone tried to kill him with Mercury poisoning.

Or all the other deals Biden has made for other members of his family.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

a reply to: Scepticaldem
Kobe's death is keeping the MSM from making Trump's defense the #1 story tonight.

The muppet Bolton is #2 as far as I can tell

The Corona Virus is now off the radar here in the U.S., apparently. No mention of it at all on the nightly network newscasts.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

exactly he could easily give an interview but he has not as of yet so it seems he just wants book sales

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Robert Ray is super boring

Let's move on

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why does the backdrop look like an underwater shot of a swamp?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
will we get an actual vote any time soon?

no way there are 67 votes to remove

tho the drama of getting 66 would be pretty funny

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

execute order 66

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

As far as I know, Bolton has yet to personally confirm what the NY Times reported. But...

The “House Bolton Maneuver” was a pre-planned operation to use a timed NSC ‘resistance’ leak to frame a new demand for testimony in the Senate. From the beginning the House intentionally constructed an impeachment process to avoid the judicial branch because the construction of the articles was dependent on an unconstitutional creation: impeachment by decree of the Speaker.
More at: theconservativetreehouse.com...

I honestly don't think Bolton matters.

Impeaching the President on what the House BELIEVES his intentions were, without clear evidence of those intentions, is fundamentally flawed.

The House is arguing that the Biden's corruption was a "cover" for the President to investigate to sway the election in his favor. Modis Operandi has only been assumed against the President and inferred, not proven by a shred of direct evidence.

This entire thing is based on inference and speculation, not facts. The facts I've seen presented from both sides has not changed my opinion on the Constitutionality of this, or lack thereof. Abuse of Power is completely subjective, and the House is using the testimony of bureaucrats that don't make policy decisions, so their opinions are worthless unless they witness the President committing and act that violates his oath, and I have yet to see that presented in any argument that has been made.

This would be a dangerous precedent to set for impeachment and would forever change the way our government works, giving the House power over the Executive. That simply cannot happen, and I am thankful the Senate is run by Republicans right now.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I just found out recently (might have been a link in this thread) that the call transcript was moved to a classified server specifically over fears that Democrat operatives would hack in and change it.

Not sure what you read, but that is BS. It was because of the ongoing leakage problem.

As to the OP question, the reason the Rs don't want witnesses is because many of them, possibly even Lyndsey himself, are implicated as well.

Seriously, do you really believe this corruption stops with the demwits?
edit on 28-1-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I know that but the typical lefty wont care. Hell, even Romney is now changing his tune and would like to have Bolton testify.

Romney the RINO sides withe demwits - surprises you???

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm bored when do we get to vote? and will there be charges to my bill?

Oh, this isn't american idol?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I just found out recently (might have been a link in this thread) that the call transcript was moved to a classified server specifically over fears that Democrat operatives would hack in and change it.

Not sure what you read, but that is BS. It was because of the ongoing leakage problem.

As to the OP question, the reason the Rs don't want witnesses is because many of them, possibly even Lyndsey himself, are implicated as well.

Nope, I tend to agree with your interpertation.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have heard of Jay Sekulow for some time... never got to see him in action before. I have to say I am impressed. He is using facts and evidence from the prosecution to drive home the fact of how ridiculous it is that anyone would want to impeach a sitting President for a policy difference in an election year, and he's throwing around a lot of charisma doing it.

The others had great points, but some didn't exactly seem excited about them as they made them. I missed Dershowitz last night (WWE RAW, you know) so I am hoping to find him on YouTube this evening.

Tomorrow starts the Q&A session. It will be quite interesting to see what questions are being asked. I hope (haven't consulted the rules myself on this) that we also get to know which Senator asks what question. I do have my decision in a Senate race riding on this.

Then we'll find out about witnesses... probably Friday.

a reply to: tanstaafl

You've contributed in threads with me long enough that you should know better than that. Context, man, context.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"Seriously, do you really believe this corruption stops with the demwits?"

You've contributed in threads with me long enough that you should know better than that. Context, man, context.

Actually, I apologize that I didn't word that to be a bit more clear, as that wasn't directed at you.

It was, as I said in the prior para, directed at the OP... I said:

"As to the OP question,
Seriously, do you really believe this corruption stops with the demwits?"

But, yeah, the para disconnect could make it look like that part was aimed at you too since I was quoting from your response.

Again, my apologies for the confusion.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I missed Dershowitz last night

here it is

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

OK, got your context now. It's all good.

Looking like another early day today. One presentation to go? I think?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

here it is

Thank you! It was all the talk on Fox this morning, but I'd like to see it for myself, you know? CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC/CBS/XYZ are not the only ones that push an agenda.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have heard of Jay Sekulow for some time... never got to see him in action before. I have to say I am impressed. He is using facts and evidence from the prosecution to drive home the fact of how ridiculous it is that anyone would want to impeach a sitting President for a policy difference in an election year, and he's throwing around a lot of charisma doing it.

The others had great points, but some didn't exactly seem excited about them as they made them. I missed Dershowitz last night (WWE RAW, you know) so I am hoping to find him on YouTube this evening.

Tomorrow starts the Q&A session. It will be quite interesting to see what questions are being asked. I hope (haven't consulted the rules myself on this) that we also get to know which Senator asks what question. I do have my decision in a Senate race riding on this.

Then we'll find out about witnesses... probably Friday.

TheRedneck

There have been far fewer dull moments with the defense presenting their case than the House, for sure.

I think Jay Sekulow has been phenomenal as an attorney, he is the type everyone wishes they had in their most dire legal circumstances. I would hire him in a heartbeat. He knows how to capture the attention of the observer and command a room. I agree that he presented a more digestible case and timeline of facts.

Dershowitz was on fire IMO, I don't care what anyone says. I listened to him and felt that everything I have ever read or understood about the Constitution on my own, was resonated in his testimony. His depth of understanding of the Constitution in my opinion, far exceeded anyone else I've heard with exception of Turley, who I would say is second to Dershowitz.

Notice that there are two admitted Democrats - Turley and Dershowitz - who have both openly said that they did not vote for Trump, both defending the Constitutionality of these Trumped up charges and saying the same things about the basis for them and the looming destruction of our Founders intent if they are allowed. Neither of these guys wanted Trump as a politician, but they can clearly see that he shouldn't be impeached and the charges / allegations are said in a way that sets a dangerous new precedent for the House to overstep the separation of powers. Any House majority could potentially bring the government to a functional halt by "forever impeaching" a President so that their entire terms is spent in litigations and what we've experienced for the last 3 years.

The great Thomas Jefferson said:

The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

~Namaste

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join