It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Impeachment Thread

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Wow! Purpura knocked out that first article on Abuse of power as rediculous! I can't imagine how regular voters...not politicians cannot see the truth. Love that the Defense is using their own retrieve testimonies from the House. No need for gotchas from anyone who had not testified.

The argument for "blanket obstruction" was just destroyed.

The White House had legal counsel from the Office of Legal Counsel and Department of Justice, that the 3 closest advisors to the President asserted the immunity they are afforded by the Executive Branch, from testifying to the House or responding to subpoenas. The President's senior advisors cannot be compelled to testify through the separation of powers in the same way the House can't be subpoenaed to come testify to the White House. They are protected by the Supreme Court by the privilege that is fundamental to the operation of government for the Executive branch.

Also, the House subpoenas were not authorized by a vote from the House, which is required... otherwise, ANY member of Congress could subpoena anyone they want for any reason they find, which would violate the separation of powers and the vote of Congress.

In other words, the House sent all of these subpoenas, KNOWING DAMN WELL that the Executive could and would refuse them absent a House vote on impeachment, so that the House could turn around and scream OBSTRUCTION! And make it look like the White House and the President has something to hide, when in fact, the President and the Executive has a DUTY to respect the separation of powers and put the HOUSE IN CHECK when they overreach.

Philbin is crushing the House arguments right now... in so many ways... and showing that the House is driving a political train across a bridge to nowhere just to score points for elections and to disrupt the political stage and functional government.

What is interesting to me, is if Biden and other House members are worried about Trump finding something they did in Ukraine, what better way for them to cover their asses than to bring the Judicial and DOJ to a halt by starting an impeachment investigation and keeping their wheels turning.

I wonder...

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: UKTruth
These lawyers are absolutely shredding the Democrat process and case.

None of that matters cuz now they got BOLTON to harp on.

Bolton exonorated Trump.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Also, the House subpoenas were not authorized by a vote from the House

that was kicked around here quite a bit
funny imo that comes back to bite the house dems in the ass

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Favorite quote so far: (loosely quoting)

"Impeachment can't be used by the House as Constitutional Kryptonite"

I love that...

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
President Trump will be exonerated and unimpeached* FOREVER.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
President Trump will be exonerated and unimpeached* FOREVER.

67 votes

farce

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

No, the defense is doing exactly right concerning Bolton. If they can prove the prosecution's case shows the exact opposite of what is being claimed (as they are doing very well), Bolton is irrelevant.

Bolton is a shiny coin tossed in the street to divert attention. Nothing more.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No, the defense is doing exactly right concerning Bolton. If they can prove the prosecution's case shows the exact opposite of what is being claimed (as they are doing very well), Bolton is irrelevant.

Bolton is a shiny coin tossed in the street to divert attention. Nothing more.

TheRedneck

I know that but the typical lefty wont care. Hell, even Romney is now changing his tune and would like to have Bolton testify.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So far, Sekulow is handling this perfectly, Ken Starr... well, that's a top-class lawyer doing his stuff. Most people didn't follow it, I'm sure; he wasn't speaking to most people. He was speaking to Senators. I also loved the argument that if this investigation is now re-opened, it invites that as the new normal... precedent that can be used by the House at any time to just take a vote and make the Senate do the investigative work!

These Senators are already tired of sitting through late days without being able to talk, and now they might get to do it over and over and over and over... unless they finish this one quickly. Remember that the House has been threatening to do just that the last few weeks... impeach again, and again, and again, and again...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That was before he was told about how doing so would make him do this over and over and over and over and over...

I bet he's re-thinking that position right now.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"The House had no time to wait for the Courts."

"What that really says is that the House had no time for the rule of law."

Wow. That is match point right there.

The defense just showed that the rule of law requires that the House follow process and precedent for every previous President, and have a vote for subpoenas, and when there are disputes between branches of government, the Constitution and Founders intended for those disputes to be resolved by the Courts, otherwise it would violate the separation of powers.

They also showed how the Courts will fast track specific issues, and that they could have waited instead of using the government equivalent to a thermonuclear option.

The defense is putting up an impeccable case so far, I have listened to the entire House presentation, and between Saturday and today, they have already dismembered the allegations with EVIDENCE! Clear cut evidence that was omitted by the House... why??? Evidence that came from their own witnesses and testimony, as well as NEW evidence about the previous invitations to the Ukrainian President, evidence that clearly shows WHY the White House refused to comply with INVALID subpoenas that were not voted on by the House! That was why they couldn't subpoena Bolton and withdrew it, because he would have to violate the Constitution as it applies to the White House or his personal rights.

I'm already convinced, that the President should be and will be acquitted, possibly even have the entire impeachment expunged from the Congressional records after how the House attempted to ENTRAP the Executive and President into obstruction by how they conducted this. I also suspect that there aren't any witnesses that could come forward with any earth-shattering evidence that have not already come forward. The President may not appear smart to some folks, but I very seriously doubt that he would have specifically told someone he wanted dirt on the Biden's for something election related... but that's just me.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That was before he was told about how doing so would make him do this over and over and over and over and over...

I bet he's re-thinking that position right now.

TheRedneck

Hope so!!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Pam Bondi is going to talk about Burisma now! And why the President wanted to look into it...

Good luck proving beyond a reasonable doubt that there was no concern for the President to ask about.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nice - they are going into the Bidens and Burisma.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Nice - they are going into the Bidens and Burisma.

Wow... some of this I already knew, but the way she's going through the timeline really puts this together, with the laundering of money and the investigations happening with British fraud authorities.

After assets of Burisma were frozen and a criminal investigation started, THAT is when Burisma announced that Hunter Biden had joined the board.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All I have to say right now is it's a good thing that Dems have no shame.

"debunked" my ass...

How do Dems spin this?
edit on 27-1-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hmm, not seeing where Bondi is going.
She should be focusing on Ukraines 2016 proven interference.
By making it all about Biden, it makes it seem he was the only target - if I were on the prosecution, I could legitimately ask.... "Why the focus on Biden?".

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hmm, not seeing where Bondi is going.
She should be focusing on Ukraines 2016 proven interference.
By making it all about Biden, it makes it seem he was the only target - if I were on the prosecution, I could legitimately ask.... "Why the focus on Biden?".

Well, she is laying out a solid case as to why Trump was right to want to investigate what went on with Biden. She will probably move on to election interference, or one of the other lawyers will.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think she's tying in the significance of Burisma corruption concerns by the President to the political interests in Ukraine and possibly also why he fired the ambassador. Since the House said that there was no reason for an investigation into Burisma or the Bidens, that it was all conspiracy, and that the real reason Trump asked for it was just for political gain as they have stated... I think she's showing that the entire narrative by the House is BS, that the President had real reason to be concerned about Burisma being a hot spot for corruption and there was legitimate concerns that move away from personal political gain, thus nullifying the impeachment accusation.

If I were a lawyer... that's where I would go with it.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Because Hunter Biden is an American. We have little say in going after a Ukrainian; that's their business. We do have a reason to ask for an investigation into one of our people violating our laws.

I promise you Lindsey Graham is listening real hard about now...

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join