It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Impeachment Thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
edit wrong link
edit on 24-1-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
You can tell how dead on arrival this Impeachment is by the lack of Progressive Members of ATS on this thread trying to Pump it up.

Even they know........

NO - - it just got boring in here - - with the same blind repetition via Trump supporters.

There's very little point in posting.

But, check out the amount of stars on some of those posts. We're still here - - reading.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

If it got boring, why do you keep visiting the thread and comment on it?

Blind repetition of Trump supporters? I was born and raised in a Democratic house, old school Democrat, not this progressive liberalism that the party has become. I don't draw a party line, I have voted both ways locally, state and country. That's the problem, is with people who are loyal to party even when they know it goes against their core values. There is one set of people that appreciate how America got this way and the original Founders' intentions, and a group that wants to change it far faster than it allows for. That creates friction in the middle. The people that are more aligned with the way the country was founded aren't against change. The people that want change don't want to wait for it to happen. I hear all of this talk of racism, yet, it was only 60 years ago that we still had major segregation and racism was rampant. To change a nation of hundreds of millions of people in 60 years is a major cultural feat all by itself, and only our system could allow for that, because every other country doesn't have the same tolerance and flexibility, which is why many have fallen.

I am not actually a Trump supporter by what most would consider, I think he can be a real douche sometimes... but I am a true American in every sense of the word, and what I do support is the structure of the system and have a profound knowledge of the Founders, I've even recommended in other threads a series of books to help people educate themselves on the Founding Fathers, from their own words, rather than snippets taken way out of context like what's happened in the last 4 days. I don't believe this impeachment should be happening, it goes completely against what the Founders believed were impeachable offenses (read for yourself if you don't believe me) and is a masked attempt to take power away from the Executive branch and to influence the 2020 elections as well as Senate elections.

You can comment on any thread you like of course, I am glad you're here and you should keep reading,

I have not blindly repeated anything, if anything has been blindly repeated, it is the theme of the impeachment by the House and the media.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
They’re starting to make a lot of noise about Michael Atkinson again .

I’m just wondering why Trump can’t declassify his testimony .

Because it sure looks like Schiff hiding exculpatory evidence .

Rep. Adam B. Schiff, California Democrat, and other impeachment managers repeatedly talk about the 17 witnesses interviewed during the House’s secretive depositions. But they do not mention an 18th witness, Michael Atkinson, the intelligence community’s inspector general who has firsthand knowledge of the origins of the whistleblower complaint that led to the impeachment.

Members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence who conducted the interview are barred from disclosing details. But Republicans on the committee said the testimony should be heard at the president’s impeachment trial in the Senate.

“The reason it hasn’t been released is it’s not helpful to Adam Schiff. It is not helpful to the whistleblower,” said Rep. John Ratcliffe, Texas Republican, who took part in the October interview with Mr. Atkinson. “It raises credibility issues about both of them.”

Because it remains classified, only members of the intelligence committee have seen it and Mr. Trump’s legal team is denied a copy.

Source

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You can tell how dead on arrival this Impeachment is by the lack of Progressive Members of ATS on this thread trying to Pump it up.

Even they know........

NO - - it just got boring in here - - with the same blind repetition via Trump supporters.

But, check out the amount of stars on some of those posts. We're still here - - reading.

You're going to lose again, because you're on the wrong side of history. You align with the corrupt, Goebbels like smear merchants and propagandists thirsty for power.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
FYI:

Saturday's impeachment session—the first day for the president's team to mount its defense—will begin at 10 a.m. Eastern Time, and will last for several hours, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said as Friday's session kicked off.

The White House wanted to present some arguments on Saturday to rebut three days of charges from Democrats and to provide fodder for Sunday shows but plans to save the bulk of its arguments for Monday and Tuesday, when viewers will be more tuned in.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Even they know........

You're going to lose again, because you're on the wrong side of history. You align with the corrupt, Goebbels like smear merchants and propagandists thirsty for power.

I have chosen which side of history I want to be on.

There is very little in any of your posts that I am in agreement with.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

If it got boring, why do you keep visiting the thread and comment on it?

I used to get the best news here - - from intelligent discussions/debates.

I see the non-political threads are making a comeback.

I was a 40+ year republican. Fiscal conservative/social liberal.

We are a global world. A tiny rock 3rd from the sun. The world as a whole was progressing. We don't need to be going "backwards in time" - - to an archaic mindset.

edit on 25-1-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Trump rebuttals have started this morning and much of the House "Managers" arguments and points are getting discredited and proven wrong !!!!!! 😃

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Trump rebuttals have started this morning and much of the House "Managers" arguments and points are getting discredited and proven wrong !!!!!! 😃

To be fair, the House Managers did a good job. So good that we must have witnesses. PLEASE.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Amazing isn't it, how much was "omitted" by the House "Managers" arguments and presentations 😎

Lot's on inconsistencies getting exposed already today 😎

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Speaking of "admitted", Adam Schiff is REFUSING to turn over ICIG Atkinson's witness transcript to the Senate Impeachment Trial.

www.washingtontimes.com... rce=socialnetwork

It would prove that Schiff-Ciaramella-Vindman set up an entrapment scheme (With Nancy Pelosi's knowledge), to get this impeachment circus started.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Speaking of "admitted", Adam Schiff is REFUSING to turn over ICIG Atkinson's witness transcript to the Senate Impeachment Trial.

It would prove that Schiff-Ciaramella-Vindman set up an entrapment scheme (With Nancy Pelosi's knowledge), to get this impeachment circus started.

Well that "omission" will get Schiff in deeper trouble that he's already in !! 😃

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I hope you watch the defense put up their arguments.

We are still a sovereign country, regardless of there being a "global world", and as idealistic as it may be to want to get along with the rest of the world and believe we are all human, that is not how the world operates. We still have enemies. We still have saboteurs. We still have countries that want to see us fail. We still have countries that would start a war with us or our allies. The world as a whole is still progressing, and so are we as a country. Just because it isn't happening the way you want it to doesn't mean disregard the way our system of government works and replace it with whatever the mob wants. That is not a Democratic Republic and certainly not what the Founders envisioned.

So far, the defense has shown that the President has put aid on hold for many countries, not just Ukraine. They have shown from the same House witnesses, their own testimony, that what the President did isn't abnormal. They have shown that there was reasonable cause to hold the aid. They have shown that the House has greatly taken out of context, the bits and pieces used in their presentation. They have shown that the Ukrainian President had no issue with the phone call or the aid and met with the President at the UN. They have shown that the President had legal justification for refusing subpoenas and documents due to the lack of the House following legal procedures governed by the way our co-equal separation of branches works. The House did not have subpoena power without a vote when those subpoenas were submitted, which is required and is why the House had to vote on the inquiry, which didn't happen until well after the investigation was underway.

It is obvious that some people want to follow a narrative and not do their research. What makes ATS great (and not so boring) is that most people here are intelligent enough to go dig up their own facts, a sort of ad-hoc group of investigative web journalists. That is why I come here. I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. There is the House's story. There is Trump's story. Somewhere in between, is my version of the truth based on arriving at my own conclusions. The same goes for every person on the planet. There is no "truth".

To hear members take any one thing and argue it as absolute truth shows the difference between a leader and a follower. The difference between a leader and a follower is the willingness to be wrong. When you're a follower, you ask the leader what to do. When you do this, you will never be “wrong.” If the leader's decision turns out to be wrong, your hands are washed of any responsibility.

Ask yourself... Which are you and which do you want to be? Maybe it's time to rethink which side of history you want to be on.

~Namaste
edit on 25-1-2020 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2020 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Even they know........

There is very little in any of your posts that I am in agreement with.

That makes me happy because I am fully aware of what you stand for.

edit on 25/1/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Patrick Philbin really slaughtering the House Managers' "evidence" as way out of context and cherry-picked for flavor 😃

He's showing how the House "inquiries" and "hearings" were all wrong and biased 😃

Due Process and all that jazz 😃

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well that "omission" will get Schiff in deeper trouble that he's already in !! 😃

What is this "head on Pike" Adam Schiff is referencing?

www.thegatewaypundit.com... e-lost-me/

Sounds like turning someone into a fish...or something.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Dems case was already blown out of the water with Trump's first attorneys testimony.

DEms outright lied, and lied by omission. Repeatedly.

This has been a gigantic scam and waste of time and tax payer money.

This is so unethical and illegal.

My question now, Is there no consequences for the Dems treachery? Because there needs to be serious repercussions for this

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What is this "head on Pike" Adam Schiff is referencing?

www.thegatewaypundit.com... e-lost-me/

Sounds like turning someone into a fish...or something.

Schiff used the term "Pike" in a medieval context referring to a spear weapon. What he really means is anybody's guess 😃

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join