It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More democratic insanity. No, really.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
1. The Governor of Michigan just cut $350,000,000 from Autism treatment initiatives.

2. Nancy Pelosi says Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is the perfect choice for delivering the Democrat's "message of progress", after President Trump delivers the State of the Union address next month.

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

US Title code 2 Chapter 17b sections 682 though 688

The president does NOT get 45 days per the law, congress does as outlined in section 682

§§682. Definitions
For purposes of sections 682 to 688 of this title—

(1) "deferral of budget authority" includes—

(A) withholding or delaying the obligation or expenditure of budget authority (whether by establishing reserves or otherwise) provided for projects or activities; or

(B) any other type of Executive action or inaction which effectively precludes the obligation or expenditure of budget authority, including authority to obligate by contract in advance of appropriations as specifically authorized by law;

(2) "Comptroller General" means the Comptroller General of the United States;

(3) "rescission bill" means a bill or joint resolution which only rescinds, in whole or in part, budget authority proposed to be rescinded in a special message transmitted by the President under section 683 of this title, and upon which the Congress completes action before the end of the first period of 45 calendar days of continuous session of the Congress after the date on which the President's message is received by the Congress;

(4) "impoundment resolution" means a resolution of the House of Representatives or the Senate which only expresses its disapproval of a proposed deferral of budget authority set forth in a special message transmitted by the President under section 684 of this title; and

(5) continuity of a session of the Congress shall be considered as broken only by an adjournment of the Congress sine die, and the days on which either House is not in session because of an adjournment of more than 3 days to a day certain shall be excluded in the computation of the 45-day period referred to in paragraph (3) of this section and in section 683 of this title, and the 25-day periods referred to in sections 687 and 688(b)(1) of this title. If a special message is transmitted under section 683 of this title during any Congress and the last session of such Congress adjourns sine die before the expiration of 45 calendar days of continuous session (or a special message is so transmitted after the last session of the Congress adjourns sine die), the message shall be deemed to have been retransmitted on the first day of the succeeding Congress and the 45-day period referred to in paragraph (3) of this section and in section 683 of this title (with respect to such message) shall commence on the day after such first day.

(Pub. L. 93–344, title X, §1011, July 12, 1974, 88 Stat. 333.)

Codification
Section was formerly classified to section 1401 of Title 31 prior to the general revision and enactment of Title 31, Money and Finance, by Pub. L. 97–258, §1, Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 877.

683 and 684 outline what a president can do. (only 683 copied over, not enough text room for both sections.)

§683. Rescission of budget authority
(a) Transmittal of special message
Whenever the President determines that all or part of any budget authority will not be required to carry out the full objectives or scope of programs for which it is provided or that such budget authority should be rescinded for fiscal policy or other reasons (including the termination of authorized projects or activities for which budget authority has been provided), or whenever all or part of budget authority provided for only one fiscal year is to be reserved from obligation for such fiscal year, the President shall transmit to both Houses of Congress a special message specifying—

(1) the amount of budget authority which he proposes to be rescinded or which is to be so reserved;

(2) any account, department, or establishment of the Government to which such budget authority is available for obligation, and the specific project or governmental functions involved;

(3) the reasons why the budget authority should be rescinded or is to be so reserved;

(4) to the maximum extent practicable, the estimated fiscal, economic, and budgetary effect of the proposed rescission or of the reservation; and

(5) all facts, circumstances, and considerations relating to or bearing upon the proposed rescission or the reservation and the decision to effect the proposed rescission or the reservation, and to the maximum extent practicable, the estimated effect of the proposed rescission or the reservation upon the objects, purposes, and programs for which the budget authority is provided.

(b) Requirement to make available for obligation
Any amount of budget authority proposed to be rescinded or that is to be reserved as set forth in such special message shall be made available for obligation unless, within the prescribed 45-day period, the Congress has completed action on a rescission bill rescinding all or part of the amount proposed to be rescinded or that is to be reserved. Funds made available for obligation under this procedure may not be proposed for rescission again.

(Pub. L. 93–344, title X, §1012, July 12, 1974, 88 Stat. 333; Pub. L. 100–119, title II, §207, Sept. 29, 1987, 101 Stat. 786.)

Codification
Section was formerly classified to section 1402 of Title 31 prior to the general revision and enactment of Title 31, Money and Finance, by Pub. L. 97–258, §1, Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 877.

Amendments
1987—Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 100–119 inserted at end "Funds made available for obligation under this procedure may not be proposed for rescission again."

SORRY, NOT SORRY, FOR SPECIFIC WORDING PER YOUR INSTRUCTIONS.

Per the law the executive must notify congress when it determine a hold is done (see section 683(a) linked above and 684(a)) Not 45 days after, not the next day, but the moment they decide to withhold funds they must take steps codified in sections 683-686 to notify congress.

Title 2 Chapter 17B

So does your opinion still override my facts?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well, you can be as cynical as you want. You have my political views completely wrong though, like every other assumption you have made about me. However, unlike you, my viewpoints are documented on this very site over a time span of almost 13 years. And I am not, admittedly, very good at holding my tongue.

All of those lives have been jeopardized by every single President we have had in my lifetime. I would actually place Nixon, of all people, he of the Watergate fame, as the President who cost us less in human lives. Carter? He set up Saddam Hussein in Iraq. Reagan? A lot of little skirmishes and a lot of interference where we should have kept our big nose out of it. Bush 41? Yeah, there was that Desert Shield thing, plus the skirmish in Granada. Clinton? He kept things going in the Mideast. Bush 43? Oh, hell, there's you a warmonger! Obama? A lot of talk, and a lot of backing down, which led to the ISIS caliphate. Trump? I give him a 'C' at best so far on getting our military out of other people's business. We'll see how his administration works out.

1) The U.S created ISIS. When ISIS even came about they were bits and pieces of what remained from Al Queda.They had no weapons no money no one even knew who the hell ISIS was. Until they provided the weapon, funds and the training to ISIS forces.
2) When Obama backed out of the country after getting Osama Bin Laden the power vaccuum effect took place. (Also created by the U.S.)
3) Obummer ran his campaign on "getting Osama Bin Laden". And he did.
4) I provided you with another source where it was reported that Trump left all doors open on cuts to entitlement spending on SS and Medicare.
5) If i didn't know what I was talking about I wouldn't sit here and keep talking about a very real threat to everyone's primary source of living in the elderly community.
6) I would rate Trump a -D for increasing aggression on IRAN, bombing Syrian oil fields and then going on national T.V and admitting to the war crimes, Not protecting the rights of the LGBTQ (as he ran his 2016 campaign on), Withholding aid from Ukraine (even though most don't even agree with the aid) in exchange for a QPQ(Quid pro quo)(another term that was never used as much as it has under this administration), Has done nothing to safe guard the American citizens against hate crimes, Has demonized and slandered minorities(identity politics aside this is still a matter of protection regardless of who that being is), and much more.
7) Trump has also lied about people wanting guns to be banned. No progressive in the U.S wants a ban on guns that tarnishes what the 2nd ammendment prohibits. They are more focused on increasing the provisions that Americans follow the law and get permits for these weapons. Alt-lefties the only ones who wanna ban guns.

I could go on and on and on. And yet you still wouldn't get the message. If you cared about change as a whole you wouldn't be supporting someone who signed against the bill that would have allowed a 50% cut on pharmaceutical prices (which he ran his 2016 campaign off of). Trump Backs Out Of Drug Price Pledge

But hey lets not try to uphold ourselves to a better standard am i right?
You can stay wanting the American people gettig dicked over but the rest of America is tired. So here I digress any further.

It is amazing that i don't know what I am talking about @Christosterone~ Because you haven't given anything in addition to refute all the articles and sources I provided. It's a hard pill to swallow.

edit on 25-1-2020 by JQUINN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JQUINN

The U.S created ISIS. When ISIS even came about they were bits and pieces of what remained from Al Queda.They had no weapons no money no one even knew who the hell ISIS was. Until they provided the weapon, funds and the training to ISIS forces.

Of course they did! D'oh!

It's the same group that has been creating chaos by whatever name they chose... call them ISIS, ISIL, Al-Queda, the Taliban... we called them "Freedom Fighters" in Afghanistan when we backed them against the Russians. Same people.

When Obama backed out of the country after getting Osama Bin Laden the power vaccuum effect took place. (Also created by the U.S.)

And the whole time I was saying that would happen if we left the way we did.

Obummer ran his campaign on "getting Osama Bin Laden". And he did.

And it did how much good?

Trump got a couple as well... and it's still not enough. What Trump has done is to create unrest in Iran toward the present regime, without firing a shot. That's how you fix that problem in the Mideast: encourage the people to take their government back from the loons in power, establish diplomatic relations, and slowly back away. Anything else involves bullets and rockets and shrapnel flying around.

I provided you with another source where it was reported that Trump left all doors open on cuts to entitlement spending on SS and Medicare.

From WaPo, if I remember. I ran out of free articles, and I am not going to pay money to support a rag that is barely worthy of being used to paper-train a puppy. Plus, I provided you with direct facts from a recipient of disability and Medicare that countered your argument directly, which was that Trump had already made cuts, not that he might allow cuts in the future.

Someone might figure out a way to make pigs fly in the future, too. Do we need a law against flying pigs just in case?

If i didn't know what I was talking about I wouldn't sit here and keep talking about a very real threat to everyone's primary source of living in the elderly community.

And yet, here you are, still arguing with bank deposit records.

Not protecting the rights of the LGBTQ (as he ran his 2016 campaign on)

What rights are being denied the LGBTQ?

Withholding aid from Ukraine (even though most don't even agree with the aid) in exchange for a QPQ

What aid was withheld? All holds have been released for over 4 months now.

Has done nothing to safe guard the American citizens against hate crimes

What new laws do you think we need? Perhaps you should talk to the Congress about passing them.

Has demonized and slandered minorities

I would love to see those quotes. They've already been debunked seven ways from Sunday.

Trump has also lied about people wanting guns to be banned. No progressive in the U.S wants a ban on guns that tarnishes what the 2nd ammendment prohibits. They are more focused on increasing the provisions that Americans follow the law and get permits for these weapons. Alt-lefties the only ones who wanna ban guns.

Since when are the "progressives" not the "alt-lefties"? Take a look at Virginia if you want to hear anti-gun rhetoric. Or just look at the bulk of the Democratic Presidential candidates. Ask Beto O'Rourke what he meant by "YES! We're coming for your AR-15s and AK-47s!"

You can stop pissing on my leg and calling it rain. Actually, just stop pissing on my leg!

I could go on and on and on. And yet you still wouldn't get the message.

Oh, I got your message loud and clear. I just rejected it. Your message is a bunch of lies to try and garner support for some cockamamie utopian dream that cannot ever exist in reality, because somehow you have convinced yourself it can.

If you cared about change as a whole you wouldn't be supporting someone who signed against the bill that would have allowed a 50% cut on pharmaceutical prices (which he ran his 2016 campaign off of).

Oh, you are new around these parts, aren't you? We generally like to see the actual bill rather than just what someone on a website thinks about it.

Are you referring to H.R. 4913? If so, that bill only requires Part D insurers to accept generic drugs, which the vast majority already do. I can't remember the last time I bought a non-generic drug. It cuts nothing... and never even passed the House. You do realize the President does not have the power to pass legislation, nor can he sign into law legislation before it passed both houses of Congress?

You can stay wanting the American people gettig dicked over but the rest of America is tired.

You're damn right we're tired... tired of being lied to.

So please
lying to us.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

sigh

AGAIN DO YOU READ WHAT YOU POST?

no where in what you posted does it spell out when or what specific time frame funds/ items must be distributed.

when approved and what time it must arrive.

I read it over 5 times .

care to highlight EXACTLY WHERE it says trump had to have it distributed by what date/time?

but it does say

transmittal of special message
Whenever the President determines that all or part of any budget authority will not be required to carry out the full objectives or scope of programs for which it is provided or that such budget authority should be rescinded for fiscal policy or other reasons (including the termination of authorized projects or activities for which budget authority has been provided), or whenever all or part of budget authority provided for only one fiscal year is to be reserved from obligation for such fiscal year, the President shall transmit to both Houses of Congress a special message specifying—

so if your within the fiscal year there is NO TIME FRAME LISTED as to what is "rescinded" except for at end of "fiscal year"
As was done it WAS DISTRIBUTED before end of "fiscal year" and thus no reason to give why it was done on a particular date.

they did get the aid .

also hate to point out in your whole posting of ONLY PART of the relevant law / regulation there is NO LISTING that the president cant determine when (within the year using your listing) it can be distributed and if he cannot block it.
just if the fiscal year (again FROM YOUR OWN INFORMATION) passes he must say why.

so unless you can SHOW EXACTLY WHERE he broke the law and WHERE IT SAYS SPECIFICALLY WHAT DAY/DATES he has to have it out by then your giving your OPINION that is not backed up by EXACT WORDING.

you have proven nothing except an attempt to cherry pick regulations/law.
even when you do you dont provide CLEAR PROOF of wrongdoing.

Your ranting ignorant propaganda and providing proof of said act.

self defeating but well done self defeating.

scrounger

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Nancy Pelosi is unhappy and disappointed that so few Americans are dying from imported viruses, and terrorism.

She and her Democrats in the U.S. House will soon vote to remove the "Travel to USA" restrictions.

Source: www.nationalreview.com...

These people are SICK!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What is with people spamming fox news articles on the website?

Maybe that's why some people left. Fox news forums took over..

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nancy and gang never agreed with trump's travel ban. That was way before the virus epidemic.

You been reading too much Q.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

It says right in the area you quoted. Whenever a hold done, the president is to notify congress. That means when the executive decides to hold monies they are to notify congress. Not keep it secret and tell everyone to tell no one outside even though the laws says to notify congress.

You are confused about the fiscal year part. Its about budget money for things in a fiscal year being held and how the president can only put a hold on that one years budget and not all years. Not that he can hold a fiscals years budget and tell no one until the end of this fiscal year.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Nancy and gang never agreed with trump's travel ban. That was way before the virus epidemic.

You been reading too much Q.

They picked a bad time to try and eliminate it! But I guess they want some kind of big disaster that they can pin on Trump before November. 10,000 American deaths are acceptable losses for Democrats, if it helps them gain more power in the country.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

It says right in the area you quoted. Whenever a hold done, the president is to notify congress. That means when the executive decides to hold monies they are to notify congress. Not keep it secret and tell everyone to tell no one outside even though the laws says to notify congress.

You are confused about the fiscal year part. Its about budget money for things in a fiscal year being held and how the president can only put a hold on that one years budget and not all years. Not that he can hold a fiscals years budget and tell no one until the end of this fiscal year.

AGAIN I ask do you READ what you post?

i quoted it for you to see and others to see what a fool you continue to be..

there is NO TIME FRAME outside of fiscal year that it has to be distributed .

so ANYTIME during that "year" it is distributed it is not needed to justify when.

show me EXACTLY WHERE if it is voted on day XX when it has to be distributed?

you keep repeating "if its delayed the president has to notify congress why"

but what you posted does not give a set day from approval to distribution outside of fiscal year.

for the umptenth time....SHOW EXACTLY WHERE the timeline is?

show in SPECIFIC WHERE / WHT DAy turmp had to distribute it

scrounger

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
January 29, 2020

Elizabeth Warren is definitely a danger. As President, she wants to fine and jail people and companies who spread lies via the internet.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I read on the internet that Elizabeth Warren herself said she is Cherokee. So do I get to collect the fine?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join