It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More democratic insanity. No, really.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. You and I and everyone else has the benefit of attorney client privilege but Donald John Trump somehow doesn't? Regardless of the attorney and his position, whether to the office of president or Trump as an individual, how is it possible, legal or otherwise that the attorney could be compelled to testify against his client?

Yes, that is insanity.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

No, he isn't wrong.

They've, the Dems, have failed, utterly and completely, to identify any crime. Much less one the rises to the level of impeachment.

Obstruction of Congress--??? What the actual F does that even mean? Presidents since ol' George Washington have "obstructed Congress" hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands of times. Their hurt feels are not grounds for impeachment. It's that whole checks and balances thing, you might want to read up on it.

Abuse of power?? For doing foreign policy work? Isn't that the Presidents damned job?? The President gets on the phone and calls up the leader of another country. They chit chat, then the President asks him/her "What's up with this?" Then they discuss it.

That's called diplomacy. Which is an aspect, rather a large one, of "foreign policy"--which is the Presidents job. Not Congress'. Certainly not the House. The Senate approves any treaties that might come about through the Presidents actions while doing his job, which is, again, foreign policy.

Those charges are laughable. Certainly they are not high crimes and misdemeanors.
edit on 1/21/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

That about describes it...yep.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: network dude

can anyone explain - why anything mr cipollone knows is not protected by client privelidge ?

For the same reason it wasn't when they raided that one guy's place during the Mueller investigation - Democrats want ORANGE MAN ousted bad. Too bad they aren't in charge of this circus at present.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

He would also be covered by executive privilege .

A double gavel denial .

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

A double gavel denial .

Sekulow read Schiff's and Nadler's own words in defense of Eric Holder and executive privilege as part of his opening case today.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Article 4 of the impeachment charges in the House for slick Willy.

Charged him with Obstructing Justice (Congress) and Abuse of Power . For interfering with the impeachment process by not releasing information under executive privilege .

It was rejected (148 to 285 ) meaning 81 republicans voted against it .

I did a hard scan of the impeachment transcript . The argument seem to be the same as it is now. You can’t obstruct justice by exerting executive privilege .

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: Lumenari

If thats the case please let me know how they are not constitutional and why there is now currently an impeachment trial starting in the senate?

let me repeat that in case you didn't get the memo

The first article (Obstruction of Congress) is the result of the House demanding information that the Executive branch thought should be covered under Executive Privilege. Per the Constitution, a difference of opinion between the two branches needs to be resolved by the Judicial branch.

House Democrats decided to not follow the Constitution and instead make it an Article.

The second charge (Abuse of Power) is merely the House attempting to redefine the Executive branch's Article 2 powers.

Something that also needs to be brought to the Judicial branch for interpretation if there is a difference of opinion between the Executive and Legislative branches.

Neither Article, therefore, is Constitutional.

Because Democrats in the House did not follow the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

A double gavel denial .

Sekulow read Schiff's and Nadler's own words in defense of Eric Holder and executive privilege as part of his opening case today.

Awesome

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I think you could if you defied a direct court order. In other words, had the Democrats gone through the courts and the courts ordered the Admin to cough up what they wanted and Trump refused, they might be able to get away with it.

But they didn't do that, likely because they knew the courts weren't likely going to rule in their favor.

The excuse given was that there wasn't time to go that way because Trump was too much a menace, but that was undermined by the month-long wait before sending the articles to the Senate.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

know it's cheesy, but best i could do in 5 mins.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Schiff should be the first witness called to find out the extent of his lies. But as with most things democrat, accuse the other side of that which you are guilty of.

Smug arrogance will be the downfall if these tools.

Trump vs. Schiff.

Pistols at dawn.

Now *that* I'd pay to see.

It amazes me that the Dems can't see what utter morons they are turning themselves into. What ever happened to the instinct of self-preservation? Why have they just gone full retard? I am truly perplexed...

Apologies for the non PC reference.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Why McConnell? The Democrats don't have a case, they never did. They were calling for impeachment before Trump was even sworn in. Their only prayer is to try to complain that the Senate vote is fixed. Nobody is going to buy that.

Their best choice was to never impeach in the first place and just use it as a narrative for 2020 elections, but then they saw their top 4 front runners and said "oh sh!t, we are in trouble!" In the end they might even lose the House too in all this as Trump starts his next 4 years.

I think the wall is going to get built...just saying...

edit on 21-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
CNN is livid because all of the documents Schumer requested were voted down.

ZERO Republicans sided with Schumer.

The shoe is on the other foot and Democrats can't handle it. The Best Is Yet To Come!

edit on 1/21/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

A double gavel denial .

Schitforbrains tried to say that Trump's refusal of the calls for testimony from the Whitehouse officials did not meet the level of executive privilege because he didn't proclaim executive privilege when he said they wouldn't abide by their requests.

Just to dot Is and cross Ts I wish Trump would have done that, but in the end he doesn't need to as far as I know. The Dems screwed themselves royally on the Impeachment process.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Fallingdown

I think you could if you defied a direct court order. In other words, had the Democrats gone through the courts and the courts ordered the Admin to cough up what they wanted and Trump refused, they might be able to get away with it.

But they didn't do that, likely because they knew the courts weren't likely going to rule in their favor.

The excuse given was that there wasn't time to go that way because Trump was too much a menace, but that was undermined by the month-long wait before sending the articles to the Senate.

Point, set, match. Let's hurry up and impeach the bastard so he can't expose us any further! Ok, we have the vote, now we'll sit on the articles because we really don't want this going to the Senate because we know it's a farce. They'll expose us as frauds and we'll lose seats in November! Nancy, Adam and Gerald are minor league checkers players in a major league game of chess. They have telegraphed every move and the Repubs have been way ahead of them each time. It's sad to see this happen in our government, but it's necessary to expose the rats and take away their cheese. I just hope and pray that this is what happens when Barr and Durham's reports come out. I want to see a mushroom cloud of exploding liberal heads and lots of perp-walks.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Why McConnell? The Democrats don't have a case, they never did. They were calling for impeachment before Trump was even sworn in. Their only prayer is to try to complain that the Senate vote is fixed. Nobody is going to buy that.

Their best choice was to never impeach in the first place and just use it as a narrative for 2020 elections, but then they saw their top 4 front runners and said "oh sh!t, we are in trouble!" In the end they might even lose the House too in all this as Trump starts his next 4 years.

I think the wall is going to get built...just saying...

It already is, 100 miles so far. VP Pence said they were planning or constructing another 400 before this is through.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Yeah will too bad Democrats, you can just STFU now and stop demanding stuff, your "request" ended at the House door 😌

Anyways, lets bulldoze these hacks!

Working on it...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
A few weeks ago I post4ed something to the effect of that I couldnt wait for the impeachment to to begin because of a funny thing called opening the door in "trials" like this. You open the door and it swings both ways. You dont get to tell the other side they can offer no witness testimony or submit any factual evidence to rebut the things you just opened the door to. Pelosi and company should consider returning those snazzy pens and fading into obscurity before they foolishly open a few doors they CANT shut.. and thats forever too.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think they would have gotten the data . In fact they did it with the grand jury on the Nixon Watergate tapes . The supreme court order then turned over which Nixon Ditton. That constituted another article of impeachment and was the proverbial last straw .

The Democrats would’ve had a much better case if they didn’t rush it . They would’ve probably gotten the evidence they sought along with the witnesses that were blocked . If not the House would’ve had solid articles to impeach Trump on .

I said this earlier but it rings especially true for the rush to impeachment .

Trump keeps the Democratic's mad on purpose.

Angry people make mistakes .
edit on 21-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join