It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As virus spreads to more Chinese cities, WHO calls emergency meeting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Fish flu . Started in an ole fish market. Fish flu

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Viruses can also only carry so much genetic material and stay efficient too.

A mutation one way could cause changes in other ways at the same time.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Based on the symptoms this doesn't appear to be linked to the unknown virus I described here, but I find the timing awfully coincidental. Just a few days ago that student was quarantined in Barbourville with an unknown virus displaying symptoms similar to another mystery virus which forced over 40 schools to close around two months ago. The flu-like symptoms and the cough are tell tale symptoms of the virus affecting students, however another primary symptom was vomiting and diarrhea, but the symptoms of coronaviruses don't seem to include gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting. That's just based on a generic Google search for coronavirus symptoms though, what I'd be more interested in hearing is first hand accounts of the symptoms. I feel this outbreak is probably not related but the timing and the fact they think it's a new virus seems somewhat unusual.
edit on 21/1/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Viruses can also only carry so much genetic material and stay efficient too.

A mutation one way could cause changes in other ways at the same time.

Or it can piggyback. Not too long ago I was reading about the RNA and coronavirus.. and MVP... and RNA packaging.. and piggybacking of viruses. The book is called.. dun dun DUUUN.. "Coronaviruses and Arteriviruses". My review... it was not a stimulating read.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Add......

First US case of Wuhan coronavirus confirmed by CDC

(CNN)The United States has its first confirmed case of a new virus that appeared in Wuhan, China, last month, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Tuesday. The coronavirus has already sickened hundreds and killed six people in Asia.

The patient, who is not being named, is in isolation at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Washington. He is in his 30s and lives in Snohomish County, Washington, just north of Seattle.

www.cnn.com...

Full story there^

North Korea bans foreign tourists as coronavirus spreads

North Korea has reportedly shut its borders to foreign tourists in a bid to keep out the mysterious, pneumonialike coronavirus spreading in China next door.

A leading tour operator, Young Pioneer Tours, posted a notice on its website Tuesday, citing the border closure as a “precaution” against the virus that’s killed six people and sickened nearly 300 people in China. There have been no reported cases of suspected infections in North Korea.

www.seattletimes.com...

Full story there^

Disinfection in a district of Shanghai for the Corona Virus

edit on 21-1-2020 by Black_Fox because: To add

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
We will find out more than 1000 infected by Sunday.

The CCP lies about everything. They can’t be trusted.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am an American living here in Beijing for 6 years now and it's very hard to find a good mask but I did. I must say the Chinese government is all over this here they are awesome please don't believe most of the propaganda that's being spread on the msm news! a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
440 cases, 9 dead, 1400 under observation, just announced.

Stay safe Chinablast. Just back from 12 yrs in Middle Kingdom, 4 of them in Beijing.

Wife’s WeChat going crazy with people saying that there cases in more 20 Chinese cities that she counted. Several of her friends in US canceled their Spring Festival trips to China this week.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I just remember reading about Avian Flu when they were so worried about it.

It was clearly wildfire contagious amongst birds, and it had shown the ability to infect people but only after prolonged close contact.

At the time, scientists said it needed two specific mutations in order to become Spanish Flu Part Deux. It had to mutate to become easily transmissible to people which it still had not done, and then it had to further mutate to become easily transmissible person to person which it really had not done. It could make both leaps, but only if you practically breathed into a birds nostrils and then into another humans nostrils nonstop while everyone was sick ... maybe rubbed each other's snot into your eyes while you were at it.

Counting on both of those mutations to happen while not having any other mutations happen to change the virus in other ways was like winning the Power Ball ... of death.

If this can pass from person to person but not as easily as the standard cold or flu, sure, it can mutate, but the odds are not in its favor. Doesn't mean it's impossible, but it's not highly likely either.

And none of any of that helps you if you get it, it just helps you to understand your chances if it comes to your area.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chinablast
I am an American living here in Beijing for 6 years now and it's very hard to find a good mask but I did. I must say the Chinese government is all over this here they are awesome please don't believe most of the propaganda that's being spread on the msm news! a reply to: 727Sky

Yes, lying to the world about the severity is awesome...nobody is questioning that they are trying to contain it internally.
edit on 22-1-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that the United States has a plan in place to contain the coronavirus outbreak.

Speaking on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, Trump said:

“We do have a plan and we think it is going to be handled very well. We’ve already handled it very well. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) is terrific. Very professional...”

reuters

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Doctor Nathalie MacDermott of King's College London has confirmed the virus spreads in water droplets from coughs and sneezes.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chinablast

The masks people wear in China do not stop you breathing in virus. They only stop or hinder your infected (or hopefully not) water droplets from spreading.

The masks everyone wears in China offer NO PROTECTION to the wearer.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Trying to take news reports with a grain of salt - after all MSM and Hype go hand in hand - though the hype is expected some comments are worrisome

KILLER BUG Coronavirus death toll hits NINE as cases of ‘mutating’ bug DOUBLE to 440 in just 24 hours

The virus could be declared a global health crisis today after cases of the mystery bug increased from 300 in one day.

It comes as experts in Britain said up to 10,000 people could already be infected and the death rate is currently the same as the Spanish flu epidemic, which killed millions after World War I.

Wash your hands and stay safe out there !

edit on 1222020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Computer modelling suggests 1300-1700 could be infected already. Not sure where they got the 10k figure from !

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

If this is like that, then it's just a very nasty cold or flu. The danger comes from it being a new strain to our immune systems. Young, healthy people are most at risk because they have the strongest immune systems. Your immune system goes haywire nuts trying to defend against it, and that reaction is what kills you, not the virus. For anyone else, you get miserable sick and the very old and very young have the usual death rates from the flu for the same reasons as normal.

Your best bet is to take the same measures you generally take to avoid getting sick when the flu is active in your area: avoid gatherings, don't rub your eyes and nose, wash your hands frequently, don't go where sick folks are likely to be and if you must, get a mask to wear around.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The " odd thing " here is to me that it`s like they dont even trying to stop it spreading . Having any kind of thermo checks in airports dont stop it becouse some of the people who are Wuhan carriers dont yet have any symptoms.

Look at the image in this news, Flights from Wuhan planned January 20-27 . 2700 .

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Or if the planned flights are going to go as planned, the people passangers & crew should have lab tested when they arrive. Well i think it is now too late to do anything , it`s now flying up there as we speak.

So i guess this is the way in the future also , if a real pandemic starts from China they just wait few Weeks first, then do not make any hard decisions like flight ban , and millions Chinese and foreigners just step in to planes and fly all over Planet with it...

edit on 22-1-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

They are trying to stop it.

Incoming passengers from Wuhan to ALL countries will be under enhanced monitoring upon landing. Staff are actively looking for symptoms before boarding.

Heathrow airport has isolated a large part of T4 to quarantine all incoming travelers from Wuhan.

This is just the start.

Control is underway.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Let`s hope the best .

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Do we know anything about the deceased?

Were they elderly, young, or immunocompromised?

If so, the severity could be compared to common strains of influenza.

If this virus is killing healthy adults with no immune system issues, then there is something to worry about.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join