It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will trump ask SCOTUS to overturn his impeachment after acquittal ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

What does that have to do with impeachment being a political process and not judicial?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
All you were doing was games anyway.

You're projecting again.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: scrounger

What does that have to do with impeachment being a political process and not judicial?

well lets see...
wasn't it YOU who stated that the courts cannot overturn a "political process"?
I just proved you wrong with logicical facts/points.

didnt you argue with falling down over this point at length?

BTW just point of FACT......
Impeachment is a CONSTITUTIONAL PROCESS... not political .

the only "political" is one side (and openly admitted they were gonna do it DAY ONE of turmp presidency BTW) is PERSUING IT.

BTW before you comment again you may want to review your previous posts starting with your first on this issue..

save yourself from being called out again.

scrounger

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're projecting again.

1: Wow I’m so insulted. A age old come back that has been around since the early years of the Internet. You sir are on top of your game . Here have a puppy 🐶.

2: At least I’m accurate. You didn’t deny playing games . 😎

You’re turn at least both of us can take it .

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

I said there's nothing to overturn since the impeachment process is political.

I didn't know I was speaking to the Supreme Court, which Justice are you and when did you author your majority opinion on the matter?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

What game is there to play? Impeachment is political and the Supreme Court agrees.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Now I understand where you’re coming from now .

In your naivete you mistakenly assumed that all supreme court judgments are forever .

They aren’t .

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I said there's nothing to overturn since the impeachment process is political.

sigh. an IMPEACHMENT is listed in the constitution... hence it is CONSTITUTIONAL PROCESS not political. which part of the constituion did you fail to grasp...or more likely dont want to grasp because it destroys your whole argument

I didn't know I was speaking to the Supreme Court, which Justice are you and when did you author your majority opinion on the matter?

um are you claiming you are?

if you would READ what you posted your ASSuming that the supreme court cannot overturn it since its a "political process" (YOUR OWN WORDS).

I am pointing out AGAIN with FACTS your argument has no merit and that the supreme court (also by separation of powers to determine what is CONSTITUTIONAL and also legal) DOES HAVE JURISDICTION.

how many times are you gonna chant "its a political process" in face of PROOF.

you however have the right (to which Ill defend) to post like an ignorant fool...
but repeating it over and over will NOT make it the truth..

no matter what propaganda class you attended

Scrounger

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't think the judicial branch has the power t overturn an impeachment.

If this was a judicial process Trump would be risking life, liberty, and property. The only thing at risk here is his job.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Liberty Aka Rights

Are the reason we have a supreme court .

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That's why I said I don't think the judicial system which includes the supreme court has the power to overturn an impeachment.

Trump's liberties were never in danger only his job.

The judicial branch had no authority to prosecute him so it shouldn't have any authority to overturn what is clearly not a judicial matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah I understand that .

The thing is the Supreme Court might [consider that the impeachment clause of the Constitution is in jeopardy .

Did you take a look at the concurring opinion ?

Here’s one of the reason they gave .

Justice Souter

If the Senate were to act in a manner seriously threatening the integrity of its results, convicting, say, upon a coin-toss, or upon a summary determination that an officer of the United States was simply " 'a bad guy,' "

It’s pretty evident the left thinks Trump is a bad guy so as an example that matches up .

The other opinions were different versions of abusing power .

I mean seriously nobody wants this to be the new norm for Impeachment . Or it will happen after every election .

I’ve never said they will take up in case.

But it is possible for them to do so .

Souter
edit on 23-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   

In your naivete you mistakenly assumed that all supreme court judgments are forever .

With your shockingly poor reading comprehension you must have assume that. I merely pointed out that it's a political process, which the Supreme Court, in your own source, reaffirmed in a MAJORITY opinion. Let me know when that changes.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

if you would READ what you posted your ASSuming that the supreme court cannot overturn it since its a "political process" (YOUR OWN WORDS).

Since you have the reading comprehension fail issue as well I just do this so you don't have to read. ^^^^^

If you do decide to read, let me know when it's overturned. Which it wont be. Since it's political.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I guess I’ll post screenshots since your memory seems to be failing you .

Here’s what you said .

Here’s what I said and I agreed with you for the current situation .

Now look at the bottom of the paragraph where I added “unless the supreme court takes up the case”. Since then we’ve been discussing whether the Supreme Court can rule on impeachment .

Now back to our debate .....

Four justices in the Nixon case left room for judicial review .

Alan Dershowitz said it was possible .

Now there’s two more former justices that agree .

Two former, well-respected justices of the Supreme Court first suggested that the judiciary may indeed have a role in reining in Congress were it to exceed its constitutional authority. Justice Byron White, a John F. Kennedy appointee, put it this way: “Finally, as applied to the special case of the President, the majority argument merely points out that, were the Senate to convict the President without any kind of trial, a Constitutional crisis might well result. It hardly follows that the Court ought to refrain from upholding the Constitution in all impeachment cases. Nor does it follow that, in cases of presidential impeachment, the Justices ought to abandon their constitutional responsibility because the Senate has precipitated a crisis.”

6 Supreme Court justices and one constitutional lawyer

That makes seven people far more versed than you and I .

Now are you still of the opinion the Supreme Court could never intervene in the impeachment process ?

I bet you won’t give a straight answer to this question it’s been your MO. ( The most important part to prove your motive on this thread )

edit on 24-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Now are you still of the opinion the Supreme Court could never intervene in the impeachment process ?

Did I say that? Call me when it's no longer a political process and the Supreme Court decides to overlook it's own conservative-led ruling.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Did I say that? Call me when it's no longer a political processand the Supreme Court decides to overlook it's own conservative-led ruling.

I knew you would duck the question . 🤦‍♂️

So I’ll put you in a corner .

Completely leaving out our discussion and coming in fresh .

Do you think the Nixon vs the United States ruling bars the supreme court from interfering in the impeachment process forever ?

I bet you duck question again .

Instead of answering you’re going to give some version of .

Majority opinion

Call me when they do

That’s not what I said

Or something else that I’m going to add to that list . When I asked the same question on my next post .

I feel like I’m talking to Adam Schiff.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Do you think the Nixon vs the United States ruling bars the supreme court from interfering in the impeachment process forever ?

No. But they won't, because it's political.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

That’s good enough for me.

I just wanted everybody else to see that answer .

“Snap”

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

'Snap', LOL, you have the sickest burns. Maybe you can throw in a 'malarkey' while you're at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join