It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beans and and very Italian Meatballs!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
How about a nice giant pot of wonderful homemade Italian Meatballs and a big cauldron of smoked ham hocks and a 15 bean soup mixture?????

**BARF**, right??? Like...***GACK, GACK...GACK!!*** Yes, it's a horrible idea, and NO, I didn't do it (I PROMISE!!). BUT...I did make some awesome 15 bean soup, AND my lovely wife made some fantastic Italian meatballs for pasta, along with some wonderful Marinara sauce. So, it's a daily double! Then, the choice was; what to eat for dinner?

Well, the baked then fried Italian meatballs won, and we'll have that with some nice pasta. The beans will keep. So, we've got dinner for a week or more.

Choices...choices!

Oh, and the beans came out wonderful also!

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Legumes and or beans are a classic side dish in actual Italian cuisine.

Meatballs, and pasta as a classic Italian dish brought from the Calabrese region of italy, which you may recognize as spaghetti and meatballs in America. You made a whole Italian meal! (almost).

How did you come across 15 types of beans?

edit on 20-1-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think I've seen 15 bean packages in WalMart.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I love almost any type of bean. Lb for lb it's the best food on the plant IMO. I like a good meatball but give me red beans and rice with sausage, blackeye peas with pork chops. Even butter beans with a good sauce over rice with a steak. I would take all those over any Italian pasta dish anytime. I never order pasta at a restaurant. For like $10 more I can get fresh seafood or steak.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Your title had me worried for a wee bit, FCD!!!
Thought maybe winter was getting to you

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We had some really good Bushes baked beans with hotdogs tonight. I think I had a little too much because the wife said I may be sleeping on the couch tonight.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
As Usual.

2nd line,

Bally

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Your so........................

practical..lol

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Fava (Vicia faba) beans with a bit of salt. Mmm.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I had red beans and rice last night with smoked sausage. Sometimes breaded chicken breast instead of sausage. Always with a few shots of Tabasco.

top topics

join