It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano's melting W Antarctica Ice sheet JPL data involved

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

yep and with the latest mag 8+ in japan earth axel has moved also…
point is ..earth is overpopulated with humans ….
calculate how much kg CO2 is required for an baby to its 20 est year…
each human produces approx 10 kg garbage each week calculate that to world population
so money won't help.... less humans has moore effect on climate

world economics is based on growth meaning moooooore CO2 each years wich is an proven fact !
edit on 21-1-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
CO2 is a COOLING gas according to NASA

Earths Magnetic field weaking 10 times faster now

These have references to solid data, NASA and NOAA.

edit on 21-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

I am sure there was a Ted Talk on how the population is going to level out and why with the blocks, I don't recall the title.

We naturally will level out was the point. Perception of the parents or something and who is having the children and why people slow down.

Several groups like to have lots of children but most modern world types avoid the too many mouths to feed syndrome.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

the biggest problem is the fact that humans are destroying the eco system and especcialy the fauna !
that is an disturbing of the natural food system wich will be eventualy the reason of mass extinction of humans in time...
you just can't eat money !!!!!!!!
edit on 21-1-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

have you opened up Google Earth yet?

You might find something interesting we don't think about much is the vastness of this Earth. There are lots and lots of wide open spaces and land. We are like several colonies of Ants in our own backyards to the Earth IMO. It is apparent to me we are very small when I am at 10k ft in a modern passenger Jet.

I don't have this handy to reference at the moment, so I can handle any disbelief.

(paraphrasing for certain) All of humanity could fit onto one island. One like Long Island or Manhattan and have room to move.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

yep earth is big ..but moore lees room in the zone where humans can live... i do'nt see an capital city coming in the middle of an dessert (okay... perhaps in egypt next to cairo … ) ore antartica then even we have to cut woods for houses...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv

yep earth is big ..but moore lees room in the zone where humans can live... i do'nt see an capital city coming in the middle of an dessert (okay... perhaps in egypt next to cairo … ) ore antartica then even we have to cut woods for houses...

There were hecta-acres of unused livable land when I lived in TN. Lots still left down here in Florida, too. I have driven across many states and have seen too many acres of unused livable land to count. Dont know where you would get that notion.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: scrounger

originally posted by: pianopraze

Volcanic activity is melting the West Antarctic glaciers. Not Man made global warming.

I've been remarking about this for years.

Those that have ears will hear.... common sense is not so common anymore.

you said it brother and how.

what amazes me is that given the earth has survived a DIRECT HIT from a meteor or comet that wiped out almost all life .

that after that event life came back at least as big if not bigger than before

that somehow humans in just day to day life pose as big (or as the man made climate change people claim even bigger) effect on climate.

common even rod sterling writing for the twilight zone would not try that as being too silly

scrounger

What gets me is it's not about the planet, Its about our ability to survive on this planet , you're right we won't destroy the earth we will destroy ourselves, and that is a big deal.

So you say. So far what about all the doom from population explosion they have been preaching for years and all we have done is reduced pollution and increased food production world wide since the industrial pollution age of the 50-70's. Now it is our drinking water which aquatic life has been revived in formerly uninhabitable waters thanks be to my fellow Conservative environmenalists who used sound practices in the past. We might vote Indy/Dem/R but we conserve the land and resources with our practice. The last admin had the EPA going way to far and grabbing dry land as a 'navigable waters' bill was misused. This whole story, AGW, Water pollution control of dry land, beside farm pesticides and animal runoff, is about controlling the population not about any actual real facts we point out about the data. At least one state, Colorado, were fining someone for catching their rainwater in a barrel. They did back off to two barrels total capacity 110 gallons.

worldwaterreserve.com...

In 2016, House Bill 16-1005 was passed, allowing residents to collect rainwater from a catchment system on their rooftops into two rain barrels, with a combined capacity of 110 gallons. The collected rain must be used on the property where it is collected and may only be used for outdoor purposes such as lawn irrigation and gardening.

Yet you believe in a sky fairy.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Your link doesn't work. But it doesn't matter because it's wrong. Unless of course you can provide an actual link to NASA, instead of one to coldclimatechange.org.

10 times faster than what? So, with a few months worth of data we get a "consumer science" article which says the strength of the Earth's magnetic field is declining 10 times faster than was previously thought. Is that really what the data shows? Or does it show that in some places on the planet the field is weakening faster, in some it is weakening slower, and in some it is strengthening. Or does it show that, across the planet the localized rates of change are highly variable? The answer is all of the above, as is par for the course, "consumer science" got it wrong.
www.esa.int...

It is true that, on average, the Earth's magnetic field is weakening (and has been for several hundred years), but not "10 times faster" than...something). Still, it is stronger than it has been many times in the past. Perhaps we're just getting back to normal.

The resulting dipole moment provides a new calibration standard for cosmogenic isotope production rates and suggests that the present decrease in geomagnetic field intensity may simply be a return to a more average magnitude rather than a harbinger of a polarity reversal
source

I thought this thread was about how it's volcanoes that are causing the West Antarctic ice sheet to melt.

edit on 1/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I like to keep things simple. Here is where I stand with climate change, academia may not like it but it makes the most sense to me.. For starters We don’t understand allot.. We can observe the universe, BUT the universe still surprises us hell the star, we call the sun, still surprises us. The BOTTUM of the oceans can’t suprise us yet because well in 2020, we still can’t get to the bottom of it.

So sure humans can effect the climate I agree BUT to use a broad stroke saying we are Souly responsible for climate change. I dunno what is more ignorant, believing in the tooth fairy or that version of climate change. Volcanic activity melty anartica ok, the sun warming up ok, humans effecting the environment ok. Humans alone, doubtful. Can we do better with our environment yep. But we can’t by ourselves prevent or control the things we do not understand.

I don’t doubt the op’s story he or she is sharing, it’s probably true.
edit on 21-1-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

originally posted by: ressiv

There were hecta-acres of unused livable land when I lived in TN. Lots still left down here in Florida, too. I have driven across many states and have seen too many acres of unused livable land to count. Dont know where you would get that notion.

Agreed. This argument is super annoying to me in general (not yours, the argument you rebutted) because it highlights the sinister notion of “save the planet, kill yourself.”

I’m sick and tired of people telling me that I am an unnatural anomaly on this planet, while simultaneously not allowing any space for discussion on the matter because “the science is settled.” What an absolute joke.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Volcanic activity is melting the West Antarctic glaciers. Not Man made global warming.

what amazes me is that given the earth has survived a DIRECT HIT from a meteor or comet that wiped out almost all life .

that somehow humans in just day to day life pose as big (or as the man made climate change people claim even bigger) effect on climate.

common even rod sterling writing for the twilight zone would not try that as being too silly

scrounger

What gets me is it's not about the planet, Its about our ability to survive on this planet , you're right we won't destroy the earth we will destroy ourselves, and that is a big deal.

So you say. So far what about all the doom from population explosion they have been preaching for years and all we have done is reduced pollution and increased food production world wide since the industrial pollution age of the 50-70's. Now it is our drinking water which aquatic life has been revived in formerly uninhabitable waters thanks be to my fellow Conservative environmenalists who used sound practices in the past. We might vote Indy/Dem/R but we conserve the land and resources with our practice. The last admin had the EPA going way to far and grabbing dry land as a 'navigable waters' bill was misused. This whole story, AGW, Water pollution control of dry land, beside farm pesticides and animal runoff, is about controlling the population not about any actual real facts we point out about the data. At least one state, Colorado, were fining someone for catching their rainwater in a barrel. They did back off to two barrels total capacity 110 gallons.

worldwaterreserve.com...

In 2016, House Bill 16-1005 was passed, allowing residents to collect rainwater from a catchment system on their rooftops into two rain barrels, with a combined capacity of 110 gallons. The collected rain must be used on the property where it is collected and may only be used for outdoor purposes such as lawn irrigation and gardening.

Yet you believe in a sky fairy.

I would think Interdimensional being if I were you. But I do like facts I can prove so that one is on faith, yes. Call it a theory you can ridicule but only I will know if there is a maker when I meet him. I can follow that logic.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

WE the USA can't do much better with the Environment short of murdering the planets population. China is not playing the environmentalist scare game and there is the crux of the matter for true reform.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

From your link. About all we need to know if we were going for and MSNBC type soundbite for the unwashed masses:

leaving the core dynamo process an enigma

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Sound byte? Why not read the rest of the abstract?

Our new result in conjunction with a published comprehensive study of single-domain-behaved paleointensities from Antarctica (33.4 ± 13.9 µT) that also correspond to GAD directions suggests that the overall average paleomagnetic field over the past few million years has indeed been dominantly dipolar in intensity

Yes. Prior data was concentrated between 15º and 30º latitude, not a wide enough range to show the difference in field strength between the poles and the equator which the GAD hypothesis predicts.

This study uses data from 78º. This high latitude data provides more evidence to support GAD, showing field intensity in the Galapagos Islands has been about half that of McMurdo for the past 5 million years. This supports the dynamo theory.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh, your side always uses soundbites. The irony.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

"My side?"

What do you call this?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So you read the link and your here to confirm. It is what it is a reference to something I feel was within the confines of this discussion.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

scrounger

maybe we will and maybe we wont.

but in any case that ISNT what the "MAN MADE" CLIMATE CHANGE supporters are arguing now is it?

it isnt what is implied on the issue of the ice melting is it?

it isnt what is implied on the oceans warming, salitity , ect is it?

what is stated BLUNTLY and OPENLY is that MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE is DESTROYING the enviroment, killing animals and MAKING THE WORLD INHABITABLE .

I admit that is a novel deflection but sadly falls short since what has been stated

scrounger

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
I've said it several times and I'll say it again.

The true climate change deniers are those who believe the climate doesn't change with out mankind's involvement.

Fact is, this planet is going to get hotter and colder over and over with or with out help from the human race. Might as well get used to that fact.

"But we speed up the natural order of things! "

Actually maybe we are slowing changes down!

Fact is... we have no idea, and pretending that we do know is the the single greatest hoax to ever levy a tax.

Might as well do dances for rain, throw virgins into volcanoes, or drive a Prius.

It's all the same form of control over societal populations because people naturally want to believe in the idea that we have total control over our environment.

Don't be such suckers people!

I had to quote this

because it is FACTUAL AND BRILLIANT .

sadly when one uses FACTS your called an "deniar"

well stated

scrounger

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join